Game of Boners [WIP] - free download now available -

lawina

gob_title.jpg

Hi everyone! I would like to announce our adult RPG game, Game of Boners. It's another one of those RPG Maker MV game with 3D renders, but I believe Game of Boners distinguishes itself with its gritty story, unique setting and beautiful (static and animated) renders. There is a lot of custom work poured into it, from RMMV plugins and design to music and sound.

It includes voice acting, game maps made by a professional designer and game elements. While I put a lot of effort on creating a sexually gratifying experience, my main goal is to make an adult game that would also be fun to play without the adult scenes.

While the game has some similarities to GoT, it is NOT a direct parody of GoT, but it has its own story and own characters. The main theme is exploration. Exploring a fast world. It's a similar epic dark/gritty story to GoT, set in a relentless medieval world, with minimal magic/fantasy. Just like my first RPG Maker game (SUPERCREEP), there will be a heavy focus on choices and consequences. My main influences for Game of Boners were GoT, Berserk and Witcher 3.

It's a seemingly generic story about the coming of age of two siblings. You experience their journey from young adults, to adults. They live a life of despair, and go on a journey on becoming the (evil or kind, depending on your choices) rulers of the kingdoms. However, you find out early on that the journey is more sinister than that.

You get to control both the sister and the brother during your gameplay, where each have their own inventory, their own story and consequences to your choices. You will be able to switch between playing the siblings by sleeping.

Website (teaser): http://www.gameofboners.com

Direct download (v0.012 - ~777MB): http://www.bonergames.com/dl/GameOfBoners.zip

The world map is huge, and every single part will be accessible:

map_small.jpg

Some of the (planned) game(play) mechanics:

- Animated 3D sex scenes (with different points of views).
- High resolution (1296x768 and ability to increase window size, thanks to RPG Maker MV)!
- Choices that affects the morality for the brother, and corruption for the sister, which affects the overall story.
- Build your own sex slave empire (buy/sell/train sex slaves).
- Active Time Battle combat.
- Build and track your relationships with other characters.
- Mining/Fishing/Gathering/Crafting (& more) gameplay elements
- Questing with NPC indicators (and skippable side quests)
- Voice acting (only vocal effects for now)
- Day and night cycle
- All sexual themes you would expect in a medieval game; (Aka incest, S&M, rape etc.)
- Build your own castle (hire guards, add rooms, wage wars(!) etc.).
- Fast-travel (like the Witcher 3).
- Full mouse controls similar to Point & Click games with custom made cursors (double click to sprint, click to interact, hold to move, full mouse combat etc.)
- Right click to hide message box (annoyance in most adult RPG Maker games!)

A few pre-Alpha screenshots (click for full image):

7_small.jpg
1_small.jpg
3_small.jpg
6_small.jpg
2_small.jpg
4_small.jpg
5_small.jpg

While there are tons of fantasy adult RPG games, there aren't many that have a gritty world, with minimal magic. I'd love to hear from you guys if a game like this interests you at all.

I look forward to any replies.

Best,

Lawina / Boner Games

PS: The first chapter of the game will be available in early September to my Patrons, and will be available to anyone else for free later in the month. You can visit my Patreon page at http://www.patreon.com/lawina

ahh the guy behind supercreep.... looks like you've gotten a lot better with the 3D art parts :) Only thing I see here I don't like is active time battle but that isn't a deal breaker..

Concept sounds good and has the potential for a lot of fun.

Would have supported you via patreon before but you don't have a $5 option and I'm cheap(apparently) I'd rather give $5/mo for 3-4 months than $10 once or twice and cancel, but that's me.

Look forward to seeing this develop tho seriously, it looks like it could be awesome. Any chance for some mind control/brainwash/hypnosis type content?

I must say that I do liked supercreep, you made me laugh in more than one scene, and I'm glad to see that you are moving forward, best of luck for you and when you have a demo please post here, would love to test it out.

• 2 weeks later...

ahh the guy behind supercreep.... looks like you've gotten a lot better with the 3D art parts :) Only thing I see here I don't like is active time battle but that isn't a deal breaker..

Concept sounds good and has the potential for a lot of fun.

Would have supported you via patreon before but you don't have a $5 option and I'm cheap(apparently) I'd rather give $5/mo for 3-4 months than $10 once or twice and cancel, but that's me.

Look forward to seeing this develop tho seriously, it looks like it could be awesome. Any chance for some mind control/brainwash/hypnosis type content?

Thank you for the kind words! I've put a lot of effort in the 3D art parts this time around, and of course having had a lot of practice helps as well :) The ATB combat is actually not that different to the standard turn based combat. I dont think think you'll hate it. I even added custom animations to the combat.

This looks fantastic!

Cheers!

Demo? We definitely need a Demo of this !!!!

Thank you for the interest! The free version will be out very soon! Hopefully either at the end of this month, or early next month. I'm currently done with the prologue chapter, but I'm working on adding more to do in the world, like fishing/gathering/cutting trees/mining etc. I also want to populate the nearby village, where the villagers think the end of the world is tomorrow. It's a concept I have for each village, where they all have their own mystery.

I must say that I do liked supercreep, you made me laugh in more than one scene, and I'm glad to see that you are moving forward, best of luck for you and when you have a demo please post here, would love to test it out.

Thank you! I think a lot of players with similar humor to mine, enjoyed the game. That's the main charm to SUPERCREEP. A new free version (0.022) with quite a bit of new content was released recently by the way, which you can download at http://www.bonergames.com/#supercreep

Not much to say...

• Variation in body sizes is a huge plus. 90% games use a DD size beast and they paste that to every female... /yahn
  • Ability to switch characters who are different sexes is great. You can try different fetishes that way.
  • Some of the female clothes seem inappropriate for the setting. I know you want it sexy but they are too revealing for a medieval period. You need to spend a little time explaining the world and why dressing so provocatively is socially acceptable, or is it not acceptable and they do it anyways? Hard to comment without context because it might fit with context.
  • Gritty world? :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • No demo? Generating free hype for your Patreon... I would have waited to promote till a demo, but then again I'm a grumpy dude.

Not much to say...

• Variation in body sizes is a huge plus. 90% games use a DD size beast and they paste that to every female... /yahn
  • Ability to switch characters who are different sexes is great. You can try different fetishes that way.
  • Some of the female clothes seem inappropriate for the setting. I know you want it sexy but they are too revealing for a medieval period. You need to spend a little time explaining the world and why dressing so provocatively is socially acceptable, or is it not acceptable and they do it anyways? Hard to comment without context because it might fit with context.
  • No demo? Generating free hype for your Patreon... I would have waited to promote till a demo, but then again I'm a grumpy dude.

Thank you for your input!

- I had that same "mentality" with my last game, SUPERCREEP, where the majority of the characters are G cup ( http://bonergames.com/#supercreep:shy:  Decided to do things differently with this one.

- Exactly my thought! :cool: The female character (sister) has a corruption stat that will change according to your choices, while the male character (brother) has a morality stat. They will affect how some scenes will pan out, and the ending of the game.

- If your main problem with this is that the game will expose the female characters too early on, then you are wrong. I personally hate adult games, where the main female characters get a full blown sex scene in the first few minutes. I like to add some challenge and secrecy, before you get rewarded with the full blown sex scenes. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you are more worried about the realism of the game. As you already mentioned, the main reason for this is to keep it sexy. To be honest, while I try to be as detailed as possible when it comes to the lore, I haven't thought about any explanation that fits the lore on why they would dress provocatively, but it's mainly eye candy and reminding the player that it's an adult game they are playing =) Although, not all main female characters are dressed like in the screenshots!

- My main goal is to make the player feel despair during his play-through, which adds to the gritty world.

- I'm pretty grumpy as well, so I can see where you're coming from! I think you have a point there, and maybe I should've waited until at least the Patreon version is out, and see if the feedback is any good. I don't want end up pulling a No Man's Sky :D I have to add that my main reason for posting this is to see if people are interested in a RPG like this. It's quite different to most of the adult fantasy games out there.

interested in the concept sure :) Interested enough to blindly spend money on it? No. But Im a cheap SOB anyway

It will be available for free for everyone, about a month after the Patreon version, so you won't need to spend a dime* to play it :)

* excluding your internet and electricity bill

• 3 weeks later...

Considering the amount of sex and nudity in Game of Thrones to begin with, wouldn't this just be the script for the next series? :)

Looks good in any event - can't wait to try it.

Thank you, BogBrush! It's definitely not a parody to Game of Thrones by the way =) The more I work on it, the more I realize how far the story and characters are from Game of Thrones at the moment. There are some minor similarities, like the game title, "winter is coming" part and the initial battles/wars between the kingdoms, but that's about it.

Any news?

Also the Picture with character select.  Is that the Brother's before & after, and the Sister and future sister? or is that the father brother sister mother?  Also will the mother be in the game also :P

Sorry for the late reply. I just released it to Patrons, due to some unexpected events (unexpected bugs like the Windows 10 Anniversary update broke the game). It'll be a bit longer, before I release it for everyone. Maybe the beginning of November.

The character pictures on the selection screen are the siblings before & after. Although this is a minor spoiler, the mother will definitely be in the game =)

I'll keep you guys updated when it's close to releasing for everyone. Thanks again for your interests!

i appear to be stuck, i've spoken to duncan, gotten the sword, spoken to duncan again and went to the cave, but nothing happens.

if i try to enter the family house, i get told to go to duncan, who tells me to find out what going on at the cave but there doesn't seem to be anything going on at the cave.

I can say that's an impressive start. I've really enjoyed playing the game so far. :)

I like the characters , especially the sister and how pure and innocent she is.I hope the brother can find her before anything bad happens to her. 

Also the voice acting is a nice touch too , makes the game feel on a whole new level.

The fast traveling from The Witcher 3 is also a good feature in my opinion.

I'm looking forward for new updates to see how the story unveils.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Not much to say...

I think you are looking at too biased of a record of history to make such claims about medieval clothing.

Consider, for example, the Sistine Chapel: I doubt you can convince anyone that that is an artifact of a culture which disapproved of revealing clothing.

I think you are looking at too biased of a record of history to make such claims about medieval clothing.

Consider, for example, the Sistine Chapel: I doubt you can convince anyone that that is an artifact of a culture which disapproved of revealing clothing.

Well I think there is a gain of truth to what you are saying.

I still don't think it was common to have women dress like sluts unless they were prostitutes. Everything I have read about Roman culture says that women didn't dress like sluts. Romans may have loved sex but they believed sex damages a women if it is out of wedlock, and as such their women wore modest clothes. Virginity mattered to Roman society, and dressing like a whore would give the wrong idea. Not like women had a choice since there were pretty much objects owned by their father or husband.

I get it, this is a game and people want T and A. Funny enough the unrealistic clothing I was talking about wasn't the bikini bottoms, but the modern styled strapless dress. 

Archived