HongFire got flagged?

Ark of Truth

Funnily enough I went to Hongfire today And got hit by a big "THIS SITE HAS BEEN REPORTED AS AN ATTACK SITE" or something like that

I guess prophour chose a bad time to go back there? o.o

i'm guessing you guys are using safesurf trash that is designed for no other purpose then to spy on your web activities and redirect you to the corporate sponsors of that safesurf/search developers choosing by falsely labeling non-mainstream sites as being malicious.

there is also a chance that the warning could be legit but I'm sticking with choice A as my final answer

Note: I deleted my earlier posts in this thread because I didn't have anything to add other than saying I checked with Google search and it was indeed being redirected by Google to a warning page. Then I tried again later, for kicks, and no more warning from Google. I can't explain that one. It was never being block if you typed in the address directly, but Google says they don't or can't block that anyway.

Funny, GSBmodders, I was cautioning others about WOT-SafeSurfing two days ago in the "Site keeps going offline" thread. But, in others defense here, I did definitely get the warning with just Google, at least the one time. Though I still suspect you may be entirely right about how SafeSurfing works. I really don't know for sure and haven't been curious enough to do more than read user comments and do a little thinking. Just thinking about it, I'm reminded of the tag system over at Nexus and how well that doesn't work, lol. Good on paper but abused in practice. And Nexus even does it better by giving more weight to the mod authors. I don't think SafeSurfing gives much what site owners say in their defense, unless maybe it is one with deep pockets who could threaten with lawyers. Also, just thinking out loud, I wonder if a lot of the abuse and favoritism comes from outside and not within WOT, like the competing sites and their members. As an example, people over at Nexus could outvote the people here, should one group be saying bad stuff about the other. In a Democracy or tag system or voting system like SafeSurf, LL would surely lose to Nexus. Then, again, WOT might not be innocent. I really don't know.

If you've got something solid against SafeSurfing, seeing it would be cool should I decide to dig deeper.

i'm guessing you guys are using safesurf trash that is designed for no other purpose then to spy on your web activities and redirect you to the corporate sponsors of that safesurf/search developers choosing by falsely labeling non-mainstream sites as being malicious.

there is also a chance that the warning could be legit but I'm sticking with choice A as my final answer

could just be they are using firefox. it gave me the warning too

and if your worried about being spied on just use a secondary hardware firewall and turn of U-PnP, most smart ADSL+ modems have it as a built in feature

Archived