[Stellaris] Drow of Stellaris >;-)

Huh interesting. Yah I don't have any triggers, I didn't think it was possible to have just female portraits! I thought all characters get a gender assigned first and then portraits based on that.

Anyways let me know how it works out with the rulers! If it's really so simple... I'm going to feel very embarrassed...

And I don't know about errors, I've barely played at all this week. I've been mostly busy working on the next DDi and DDx releases so I had to switch my attention to Skyrim for a while ^^

I -think-.... the first part under "game setup" is for the ruler creation area. And when generating stuff for random rulers, it uses the bottom one. ... Hopefully. laugh.pnglaugh.png  We'll see anyway. I suppose it would be possible for me to limit to women in both places but I guess that would mean no male rulers period. Not even in the ruler design window. Perhaps.... I may try that if I run into blank portraits or something. laugh.png

Yeah, I know how that goes. I've been needing to get back to FONV for awhile now. But so far... ships and space stations call! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

OK, I just tried several galaxies. It -seems- to only generate women rulers. Perhaps the game just skips men if there aren't any triggers specifically for them and no generic triggers. I'll play a game and see if I end up with any blank portraits.

Wow am I forgetful tonight! Also trying primitives with insane defending armies. I've noticed it's pretty simple to just find a primitive and then invade. Boom, super elf/drow troops! Perhaps with nasty armies it will be a bit more challenging. 

Embarrassment level rising...

Gosh butts and pimples... it's always the simple solution that I never consider first XD

Haha, that's usually what I do! Something simple and I create this complicated insane solution! laugh.png

However, this still may generate blank portraits. So I guess I'll have to find out. laugh.png

I must  have been extraordinarily lucky every single time I tried generating a new universe. Seems the method doesn't work after all. I finally ran into a girl-man. laugh.png

But that's not everything because I had more ideas if this one failed. Testing continues....  laugh.png

Just about everything fails, which leaves me with my original idea. A country event that wipes out male leaders and replaces them with female. (Along with female heirs.) Not perhaps the most beautiful way of doing things, but it work. For rulers anyway. It seems for generic leaders, the best way is the way you did it in the Asari mod. Just give everybody female names. Though that will still effect anomalies as well because they do use genders on a few of them. confused.gif

Well, maybe I have one other idea. An edict might do it.

or.... dont stress on it for generics?

I'm leaning towards: "don't stress on it at all" actually. wink.png  I mean, sure the event works but the issue is how well when you've got tons of other mods loaded?

Which reminds me, um... OOPS. I was testing both Drow and Elves together which is why I didn't notice the Drow male clothes all have checks for -elven- traits. laugh.pnglaugh.png  Fixed in next update!! angel.gif

hmmm ran into an interesting situation but Im using elves 2.0 and drow 2.8..... In my game some drow pops have the elven trait applied twice as do some servant races that arent elves... weirder is that the Sidh seem to not have a ruler pic...

only affecting them tho, but when I click on their flag to open diplomacy I end up with a random race image(often fungal) or the last race I talked to repeated...

I'll update and see if that corrects.

edit:

nope.... still have pops with two instances of 'dark elven' and the sidh lacking a leader pic in diplo

A case of the game not being able to find the portrait. Seems it grabs whatever was last on screen. There were a lot of typos with the switch to the new body type. That could definitely be causing some of that. Also, I had a tendency to test the elves and drow together at the same time which means... I was missing on errors like the Drow looking for elven stuff and vice versa. A product of doing too many mods at once I think. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Still, I'll run another set of tests on each mod alone in their current form, just to be sure.

Wait a sec.....   Elves 2.0? I think I forgot to fix the portrait for the Sidh on that one. It may be set to look for a pheno that doesn't exist. That would cause the portrait weirdness. As for the elven trait.... um.. yeah I have no idea at the moment what could cause that. Unless I'm adding elven traits on the Drow side or something.

In point of fact, I've been thinking... (yes, a dangerous pastime laugh.pnglaugh.png)....  random races are grabbing the various elven only traits. The only way I can zonk that is by not making them selectable at race creation. (They can technically still be selected in prescripted civs though.) What if.... I take a page from the Asari? Say, I get rid of all my elven specific traits (except perhaps sidh/eilistraee and the savages) and I make an event at startup that applies the elven/drow base trait to anybody with that appearance?

That gets rid of random creatures showing up with "elven beauty", etc. Or worse: talking mushrooms with the elven/drow trait. It won't stop other races from showing up with Sidh/Eilistraee traits but those aren't terribly important. (Until I think of a way to fix those too!)

It would be a solution! I was actually thinking about doing the same with my lifespan trait at one point but then I noticed it's not necessary since the AI seems to avoid 4-cost and above traits like fire. In dozens of testing games I noticed it, Extremely Adaptive and Venerable picked by the AI only a couple times.

I guess the AI is biased towards traits it can afford without having to take too many flaws. Mostly I see them spam a bunch of 1 and 2-cost traits with maybe one 1-point flaw thrown into the mix.

And another thing... I'm going to try and do up some new namelists, not so much for the main empires but for savages. My current game has two Nenalata's in it. One Nenalata is more than enough! laugh.pnglaugh.png

There's this one talking monkey thing nation that I'm about to purge.. erm I mean... "show the love", that has both an elven and a drow trait! laugh.png  I think it's time for strange aliens to stop with all this stealing of elven traits. Enough is enough! angel.gif  (But I'd still purge them all even if they didn't steal the traits. Mwahahahaha!)

I think I'll whip up an event right now and get this cleaned up. laugh.png

OK! Next version (Elves too) will add the trait after startup. I got rid of the specially added traits being selectable. I think they'll have a possibility to show up again via events. The Old Gods event chain for instance. Got me thinking there could be some similar events for elves and Drow where various traits might show up as a result. Either for the whole race or specific pops.

I still kinda like my 'elven' trait wearing avians that I discovered in pre-space age and send my infiltrators in to "uplift" them lol

Id say keep it random personally not all primitives are savages tongue.png

I think I'll make a small change, and have every habitability type get a random chance of being savage. Previously it was only certain types. Which is why I'm always excited when running into a tropical world with primitive elves. laugh.png  Otherwise, my new event will automatically label them all elven/drow.

Only caveat I can see to this new setup is what it will do for genetic modification. Picking too many positive traits will land you into negative territory for trait points. As I have -still- never bothered with genetic stuff (drow are perfect, what's to modify? laugh.pnglaugh.png), I'm not sure how that's going to work out.

About pre-sentients, I know how to do those as well. Been thinking it would be neat to have a chance to find some on nuked worlds. If it works out I may make it an additional option for the Ascari as well. I'm really liking not knowing if they're going to be there to blow everyone up, be stuck as a primitive, or blew themselves up. A 4th option would be great. Might get working on that before next update.

And just in case anybody is worried... yes, ships are still on. Got hit with a crunch at work so I've been a little less in the mood to fire up Maya for modding. They'll get done though. angel.gif

I believe I have fallens solved now. Only minor negative is there's a chance you can have talking mushrooms in a very Drow-themed empire. I can't figure out how to randomize the fallen initializer.

I could make the other randomized races be only humanoid. So at least you won't have talking mushrooms living on Valshath Orna....  biggrin.png The whole world might come alive and eat the mushrooms or something... laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png 

UPDATE!!!
  • All primitives are now very well randomized.
  • Drow fallens can now have a chance to not be Drow. *gasp* But for now it's turned off. Check out "common/fallen_empires/00_drow_fallen_empires.txt" for more.
  • Primitive Drow have really nasty defending armies. No more free... Drow.. lunch!
  • The base Drow racial trait is added at game start to any race that looks Drow. It costs +2 so watch picking your starting traits if you care about that sort of thing. Also note venerable, fleeting, and enduring will all be removed at game start. So if you pick those, no you aren't crazy (except for picking any of those in the first place), the event removes them too. No more talking weeds trying to con the universe into thinking they are Drow. As if!!
  • Fixed Drow men looking for Elven traits. I doubt the Drow women were happy about that. At. All. laugh.png
  • Eilistraeens now follow the latest fashion trends and wear scarves on cold planets... and not much else.

Just like the elves, this is likely going to be the last update until the ships are ready. wink.png

Erm... maybe? Are non-selectable traits eliminated suddenly when erm... "upgrading"? That seems silly given you get some special traits from certain anomalies. Well if it does, I suppose I could just do another event to add it again.

If that's true it would also affect primitives and uplifted species though. They all have traits that aren't selectable.

Or I have no idea what you're talking about and should probably try genetic modification to find out! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Won't this lead to the exact matter of the Asari civ where genetic modification will eliminate Drow racial trait because it is not select-able?

What do you mean? The Asari civ (in case you mean my mod?) doesn't have any unselectable traits. I've never had any problems with genetic modification.