[Stellaris] Drow of Stellaris >;-)

These Elf mods along with Princessity's Asari are hands down my fav species for Stellaris (to include vanilla and DLC species) so far.  I love em.  So... Thank you!

Unfortunately when mod authors go above and beyond simple species packs by adding ships, cities, system initializers, etc they run the risk of compatibility issues.  New ships tend to conflict with NSC and ISB (whether or not they explicitly state that they do, the AI doesn't seem to know how to handle them).  New system initalizers & planets tend to conflict with mods that alter the systems in some way (AlphaMod is a big example).  New traits aren't strictly incompatible, but it's weird to see a mushroom monster with Elven Beauty or the Asari immortality trait since the AI will use them just like the player will.  

Given that, I'm putting together a compilation of sorts, I already have permission from Princessity for the Asari, Silfae for that version of the Asari and Quarians, TripleSeven for Geth and Asari, and the author of HRS (Human Revolution .. something or other, the one with the awesome clothes).  It would essentially be a dumbed down version.  I plan on compiling all of them back under the "Humanoid" category and strip out everything but the portraits and the traits (which will be made a bit more neutral so they make sense on other species) for maximum compatibility.   You'd of course be credited as an original author and it'd link back to the original mod for those who don't actually have those compatibility issues or want the additional ships, city types, etc.  To host it on the Workshop, I'll also have to strip out the sexy bits. Haha  (To my understanding on this one, that'd just be the sexy slave outfits and a few see through garments, right?)

Would you mind your work being included in something like that?  Since I just got Princessity's permission for the Asari, I plan on asking the author of that MoO mod as well, probably after I have things up and working.  Essentially, the philosophy is just to be a simple portrait DLC just like the official ones, and you'd just randomly see the species pop up around the galaxy or use em yourself with no preset empires.

Erm... I run Alphamod. Don't know of any incompatibilities... That I know of... confused.gif (I don't edit any vanilla stuff anyway.) I actually designed several of the system initializers with larger asteroids specifically for Alphamod since you can colonize them. cool.gif And because alphamod does ship section additions correctly, my ships are compatible with that too. angel.gif

Anyway, I don't have a bit of issue with that. laugh.png

Regarding the nudity, I'm in the process of reorganizing the clothes. I'm trying to put nudity tags on each outfit with any sort of nudity. So it should be easy enough to disable for the workshop.

Regarding slaves, there is now a (disabled in the current downloadable version) slave outfit for girls that covers everything. That should be suitable to keep slaves in.

All that should be in the next update. wink.png

Oh yeah, about the ISB and NSC stuff. I'm intending to eventually get around to those and possibly make patches. When I'm done with the actual custom ships that is.

Oh yeah, about the ISB and NSC stuff. I'm intending to eventually get around to those and possibly make patches. When I'm done with the actual custom ships that is.

Oh would you be interested in making compatibility patches for the asari ships too? ^^ There have been so many people asking me about those mods that I had to make a FAQ just for that and they still keep asking XD I do want to get around to it eventually when I'm not busy with everything else but since you already know how ships work, it would probably come easier to you n_n

Oh yes, Asari are included there. No sense just doing it for my -other- two ships sets. laugh.png 

The thing I don't understand is how they manage to -not- be compatible in the first place. They must make new sections without pointing to standard ones. I -think- you can do that with custom ships and still have them work though with different scales.

Oh well, when I get the ships done I'll have a look. angel.gif

As far as Alphamod goes, I'm not so much referring to the habitability of Barren and Asteroid worlds so much as I'm referring to the Alphamod specific Strategic Resource caches on the home worlds and other planets in the system.  Unless I'm just supremely unlucky or there's something else wrong (I don't really use any other mods that touch initializes or planets), the resources never show up on custom systems (not added by AlphaMod).

That actually sounds great about tagging the outfits.  I'll just wait to add in the Elves until that update then.

I really don't know what the deal with NSC is.  I rather like the mod, but how it manages to be incompatible with every other ship mod is annoying.  ISB seems to work (mostly) fine but the AI tweaks on the balance version seems to cause issues with adding ship mods like say... the awesome Halo one.

Just so I'm 100% clear (I don't want anyone saying I stole their stuff), when you said "Anyway, I don't have a bit of issue with that," you were saying that you were okay with me adding the elves to the mix, right?  I just wasn't sure if that's what you meant or if you were saying that you didn't have an issue with conflicts.

As far as Alphamod goes, I'm not so much referring to the habitability of Barren and Asteroid worlds so much as I'm referring to the Alphamod specific Strategic Resource caches on the home worlds and other planets in the system.  Unless I'm just supremely unlucky or there's something else wrong (I don't really use any other mods that touch initializes or planets), the resources never show up on custom systems (not added by AlphaMod).

That actually sounds great about tagging the outfits.  I'll just wait to add in the Elves until that update then.

I really don't know what the deal with NSC is.  I rather like the mod, but how it manages to be incompatible with every other ship mod is annoying.  ISB seems to work (mostly) fine but the AI tweaks on the balance version seems to cause issues with adding ship mods like say... the awesome Halo one.

Just so I'm 100% clear (I don't want anyone saying I stole their stuff), when you said "Anyway, I don't have a bit of issue with that," you were saying that you were okay with me adding the elves to the mix, right?  I just wasn't sure if that's what you meant or if you were saying that you didn't have an issue with conflicts.

Strategic resources should (if I'm remembering correctly) be added on galaxy creation. So custom initializers should in theory work. In my game now I've got ice showing up in systems created for the elves so it seems to be working there. But now that you mention it, I don't see a ton of stuff. Might be worth a look to see if there is indeed anything wrong there. laugh.png

The reason I've never tried NSC is that right there. I don't particularly like any of Paradox's ships (except the special ones and fallens). So to me it's more important to have some interesting ships than have -more- ugly ships. laugh.pnglaugh.png

I've steered clear of ISB so far only because I stupidly heard somewhere it doesn't play nice with Alphamod and haven't bothered looking for myself yet. angel.gif

What? You thief! wink.pngwink.pngwink.pngwink.png

Hah, yes that's what I meant. Go ahead and use the portraits. Though be careful. The Drow might get upset without access to special ships! laugh.png

Turns out MOO and MOO2 had elves from the start. wink.png (Both are a -bit- before my time though. LOL!)

Both superb games! (Not before my time LOL!)

laugh.pnglaugh.png

The old ones are usually the best! angel.gif

: Tyrranus

Youd love the new Mrrshan Empress, that kitten's outfit is beggin for your skills lol!! biggrin.png

The new one doesn't have all the old races yet tho :/

Oh my, I looked her up. Yes, she needs a makeover! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png  I like the idea though. angel.gif

For this try, I just have a trigger for female and nothing for men. I haven't tried rulers for this setting yet. Just scientists, generals, etc. So far seems to be working anyway.

I had a look at what you tried first. You have no triggers at all. But you say that some women are still called "he" occasionally? I wonder then if it just adds any portraits regardless of gender in that situation?

And actually... I just realized I forgot to add an Asari civ to spawn in the this game soo.... I'm going to try it with rulers as well now. biggrin.png

By the way, are you getting funky errors in your log since 1.3.2?