[Stellaris] Drow of Stellaris >;-)

I have -no- idea! But probably not. I've still yet to run into a fallen empire yet in my current game. Eventually I'd like to put in some kind of functionality and maybe even some quest type stuff related to that. (For instance I'd love to actually wrap up the quest idea that is written into the Drow description.)

I'm glad I didn't before now though. This last update changed everything.

Once I see how fallens act now, I'll have a better idea of what to do and what to add.

A better question would be... would a Fallen Empire of Drow even admit that this bunch of primitives that happens to look vaguely like them might be in any way related? XD

Not in their default, dormant state, it might be another story if they do decide to "awaken" though. :lol:

Awakening seems to be the only thing that makes (former) fallens do a somewhat realistic re-assessment of the state of galactic affairs, which would include evaluating the other drow and dark-elves for Drow fallens.

Awakened Drow fallens might or perhaps even likely will consider themselves the rightful rulers of all dark-elf kind.

Why not both? laugh.png I haven't looked into anything yet, so I don't know if we can actually -add- fallen quest stuff but let's say the Drow fallen decides to wake up.... and ... force the vassalization of all other Drow civilizations. Because, they're the rightful rulers and all. biggrin.png

But I also like the vanilla "We're in no way related to you pathetic slugs." idea too. laugh.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oops. laugh.png  And I spent all that time making sure they had the right color ships, clothes, and stars too. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Although, now I sort of feel like keeping them that way. It's kind of like: "Oh hello! We're nice, friendly, and love all aliens. Please ignore our giant fleets, ships of doom, and the general look of evil. Thanks!" laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Maybe they're like galactic yanderes! "Nee imouto-chaaaan! Senpai has noticed you! Now go play in your little nebula and be very nice! Oh and please STAY. AWAY! from that xenophobic SKANK on the outer rim, okaaaay? Oh please don't disappoint us or we'll have no choice and you'll have to stay in our Happy Preserve for your own safety! And it is, very veeery secure to make extra sure that you don't get yourself hurt again silly! We'd never forgive ourselves if something BAD happened to you... that would... BREAK our hearts! You wouldn't DO this to us, WOULD YOU NOW?"

You know, it would be kind of nice to have some kind of AI behavior that wasn't up front. Like: "Hi, we're just looking for trading partners. Yes. That's it. We totally won't wait till you let down your guard and ATTACK out of nowhere!" laugh.pnglaugh.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oops. laugh.png  And I spent all that time making sure they had the right color ships, clothes, and stars too. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Although, now I sort of feel like keeping them that way. It's kind of like: "Oh hello! We're nice, friendly, and love all aliens. Please ignore our giant fleets, ships of doom, and the general look of evil. Thanks!" laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Well if you have an Elistraen Dark-elf Fallen instead of a Drow one this could be it. :lol:

Guest IceStorm36

Love your work. and i hope to see more.

i'm not a modder.

first. how do i put Drow and Elven under Humanoid!?

second. when i started a new game with 39+ civ i got way to many drows and Elven. how can limit the number of Drow and Elven to spawn to max of 2. with two pre warp civ.

in the game im playing new i have total of 12+ Elven and Draws. its way to many. and breaks the explorations aspect of the game when the galaxy is full of elf's a round every corner. 

third. how do i disable them from spawning all to gather. its so i can make my own Draw/Elven civ in game. play it. and then forced spawn as opponent. its lot of fun.

i love all the help you can give. thanks.

1. Putting Drow/Elves under Humanoid isn't going to do much. You need to have a new race slot for city and ship styles.
  2. It seems like the game is now generating random Drow/Elves even though I have that turned off. Likely some kind of issue with 1.3 that needs tinkering with. You can still edit the percentage and occurrences of civs by messing with the system initalizers. (Info in second post in the thread! biggrin.png)
  3. That's also covered in the second post. Basically you just make your own empires with the same name and turn the spawning off. Or... you can fiddle with the files and do the same.

And in other news, I know why there are invisible missiles! Fixed in next update! Thanks Princessity! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Guest IceStorm36

1. Putting Drow/Elves under Humanoid isn't going to do much. You need to have a new race slot for city and ship styles.
  2. It seems like the game is now generating random Drow/Elves even though I have that turned off. Likely some kind of issue with 1.3 that needs tinkering with. You can still edit the percentage and occurrences of civs by messing with the system initalizers. (Info in second post in the thread! biggrin.png)
  3. That's also covered in the second post. Basically you just make your own empires with the same name and turn the spawning off. Or... you can fiddle with the files and do the same.

And in other news, I know why there are invisible missiles! Fixed in next update! Thanks Princessity! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Thanks i going to experiment with it. there mast by a full map reveal on steam so i can run tests. on how many Drow's/Elves are spawning.

Thanks i going to experiment with it. there mast by a full map reveal on steam so i can run tests. on how many Drow's/Elves are spawning.

You can simply type "observe" in the console. It will reveal he map and if you go to the conacts menu it will list all the species on it.

Have you thought about adapting those new elvish looking humanoid portraits into both the drow and the elves? Granted, it's just two faces, but they're neat, and the bunch of hairstiles would work too.

In the process of doing so now. wink.png  I'm already done with the base portraits. (Got some new faces too.) I'm just waiting till I have -all- the clothes adapted before making the change. I'm about 3/4 done with women already. My trouble is instead of adapting existing clothing I keep making new stuff. laugh.png However, I'm starting to think that the next release will in fact be -thin- drow/elves. Things are going a lot faster than I expected. cool.gif

Annnd... I've already surpassed the outfits for the existing Drow/Elves. Women anyway.

Not to worry! Men are up next! angel.gif

EDIT: Hey, guys are -super- simple! I can take existing outfits and simply scale slightly thinner and it's done. Literally seconds! laugh.png

ok had to share this... been quite a few versions since I actually used this mod and elves, and with 1.3 Ive been doing Stellaris more again...

So new game as the Illithyri and just beside my ringworld home is a tomb world... next system over is super close and has both a tomb world and a colonizable one...

How RPG level perfect is that for our favorite ancient race? :D

ph34r.png

Well, it's not entirely random. wink.png  I used to have no colonizable planet at all but it was found that both people and the AI had issues expanding. angel.gif  Not that you really need to expand much when you start in that thing. I've played a few Drow games where I didn't even bother expanding for some time. cool.gif 

UPDATE

• Everybody has been switched to the new slim body (from the Elves mod)
  • Missiles and torpedoes will be visible again.
  • Drow fallens actually are xenophobic now. (Whoops! And thanks to Princessity for letting me know!)
  • I upped the scale of the Drow a bit. Only minor issue is the fancy bun slightly clips. Now Drow should be a little taller than humans.