Gates; The Opening (Rpg Maker Mv) Version 0.03 Free Update

Dede Kusto

317cm4j.jpg

Link to demo

You can get the latest updates on my patreon page

Hello everyone, 

This is Dede! After consuming a good amount of time on adult games, I decided to step up and create my own. I'm using Rpg Maker (MV) which I think is a great platform for creating in-depth stories and combining them with a decent 2d world.

Yes, I named it "The Opening" because I'm expecting it to be the start of a very long series. The first game will conclude in 9 days (game time) and after the 9 days, you will play the ending that you have shaped with your prior choices. So the complete game will be 9 days plus the endings. The story will take place in a town called "Gates City" in the modern day. 

The protagonist is a 25 years old male character whose name is Sam Adams. He will start working as a literature teacher at the Gates High School right after the intro of the game. You can also work as a part-time waiter in a local medieval themed inn. A couple of new part-time job opportunities will appear as the game progress. 

There will be 3 main endings and all the endings will have their unique locations and story lines. Besides to the main endings, there will be quite a bunch of side endings. These endings can happen from day 1 to day 8 and all of them are story related.

am8tpu.jpg

Currently, there are 9 ( average of 50*50) maps within the game and I'm planning to enlarge it after the first chapter is completed. All the maps are representing a different part of the city and edited according to this.

In Game Map:

2itngo5.jpg

There is also a subway system which will help you to travel around quickly. I placed 3 subway stations to the strategic points of the city so you don't have to walk this big map on foot.

Gates City Subway:

dwwh9g.jpg

The story line will grow bigger and bigger as the game progress. With all the different choices that you will choose, you will get a piece of the big picture. These branches with the story will also create a good amount of replayability.

5upteg.jpg

All the characters will have their fair amount of effect to the story. Because all of them will have their own personal ambitions and agendas. There will be 10+ characters and you will be in a real interaction with them.  Sometimes your actions will effect them and sometimes their actions will effect you.

io0swn.jpg

Known Bugs

Some doors are wrongly addressed and clicking on them breaks the game

Saving in the middle of Ulya & principal event and saving inside the principal's office breaks the game.

There is a walking path inside the school yard which directly leads you out of school and this avoids the time trigger. Use the front gate while leaving school :)

I'm collaborating with Mortze on this project and all the 3d artwork is his creations.

When I finish a new update I'll release the prior one for free. Well, that's all I can say for now. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedbacks.

Thanks!

Dede Kusto.

• 3 months later...
Hello,

Version 0.04 is out for patrons and V.0.03 is available to the public

There are 12 new events related to the main story and 1 new side event. (More than 8k words)

Win Version:

Mac Version:

-Matilda Hill with 2 new events.

-Mary Goodman with 2 new events.

-Lilia Evers with 1 new event.

-Kari Moon with 1 new event.

-Ulya Lebowski with 1 new event.

-Eva Angelina (School nurse) with 1 new event.

-Helena (Bard Girl) with 1 new event.

-Aura with a new event.

-Cassandra Hill with a new event.

-Ashley Cole (The Barista) with a new event.

-Also, a side character that you will find near to your house after school.

-Skip the waiter mini game option added. 

-Skip the puzzle option added (The one at the Inn's cellar)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey sorry to disturb you but i'm lost. I can't get well with Ulya because if i get in her side it's Game Over when i talk with the director in the end of the day always i don't know what to do.

Just wait 30 seconds or so when it says game over and you will get another example of the great humor of the principal

Archived