Player voice gone

Recel18

Yesterday after loading up my save I noticed after a while that my character doesn't do attack voices, grunts and such. The only thing playing is the panting  after sprinting. I looked everywhere what could be the issue, disabled all the mods, everything. No effect.

I reinstalled Skyrim fresh today, added my mods, everything seemed fine, than on the next load, no voices again. I tried to disable mods again in MO, even down to bare bones. Nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Usually the player of Skyrim has NO voices. At all.

There are some mods that allow the player to "say" something.

Check which mod was providing the voice for the player (grunts, attacks, etc.) and try to re-install it.

Usually the player of Skyrim has NO voices. At all.

There are some mods that allow the player to "say" something.

Check which mod was providing the voice for the player (grunts, attacks, etc.) and try to re-install it.

The character does make sounds. They don't say anything, but they do make sounds in the base game. While striking, being hit and shouts. My character makes NO sound. She even shouts silently.

Even with all mods removed and the game run on its own and not through MO.

The character does make sounds. They don't say anything, but they do make sounds in the base game. While striking, being hit and shouts. My character makes NO sound. She even shouts silently.

That is the vanilla behavior, if I am not wrong.

When you battle you may hear some sounds, footsteps may be generated, but the player itself will not emit one.

That is the vanilla behavior, if I am not wrong.

When you battle you may hear some sounds, footsteps may be generated, but the player itself will not emit one.

It shouldn't be.

For instance, I know that the player character actually says what he/she shouts when you use a shout. It doesn't just happen silently. Which for me is totally silent as opposed to a day ago.

Yep, most likely, if it uses said mechanic of the bleedout effect. I have a similar mod, Death Souls, that makes your character crouch in bleedout and then give the option to revive using dragons souls. It seemed to work fine the first few times, but after a while I noticed everytime I revived my character had the same issue, she was mute. No grunting or battle sounds at all. The only difference with you issue is that my character does have sound when shouting, but doesn't when she sprints.

Sadly I've found no solution, I had to reload to an earlier save and now I don't use the revive feature, 'cause the result is always the same. IDK if there's a fix or a way to prevent it, but you can ask the mod author for some guidance. Actually I guess any info would be useful for more people with this problem.

Archived