Unique Armor Shape for Player?

How about changing the race of the player into a new one, and then assign different meshes to the armor addon of that particular armor for that new race?

Still would require quite a bit of CK editing and copies of meshes.

Yea it would.

Another option is to script the multi mod feature. So you can setup mods for raiders, one for settlers, one for each unique npc, and one for player. Then have the script dynamically change the mod whenever the item is equipped. Then you don't have to handle the mod changing before equipping it yourself. *THAT* could potentially be a lot more work. I'm working on setting up some dynamic way to deal with that for my own mod. I can't figure out an extensible way that I wouldn't have to keep updating it all the time whenever some characters change. I suppose setting up a set of base references then just checking that to configure equipping would work. Needs some more thought on the subject and my brainpower is lacking right now.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that Armor Addon route would be infinitely better.

Heck if you can write a script to change the armor out on those NPC's why not write a script that makes the right ESP with the correct Armor Addon paths anyways.

Not sure about Fallout 4 but in Skyrim those sorts of scripts stacked with other mods that also ran scripts always added up to an FPS loss.

Its not that Im saying it wont work its that I just don't trust the Gamebyro Engine to handle that in combination with end-user mod habits.

Making each Armor Addon would mean the end result was that the Armor would be applied as fast as any other vanilla unmodded armor was in the first place.

Archived