which buttplug should provide rad resist?

darkconsole

402 members have voted

1. 1. which buttplug should provide rad resist?

• mini nuke
    • nuka cola quantum

so i am starting far harbour now, and the entire island is annoying as fuck being irradiated. which means inspiration for the next enchanted plug. to recap if you missed it in plugs of the commonwealth the fusion core extends fusion core life, the feather duster makes sneak better.

i selected these two out of the plugs we have because they make the most sense but i am being indecisive, as i had multiple ideas of what each one could do. the nuka cola quantum could also provide energy resist, and the mini nuke could do something hilarious with explosions.

i reserve the right to disregard the poll if i come up with good reason one way or another, but i'd like to feel you mang. i think rad resist might be used more often than the others outside of power armor.

post-501843-0-42386900-1467423152_thumb.png

post-501843-0-33959500-1467423153_thumb.png

The Mini Nuke should provide faster AP regeneration or reloading while using a Fatman, ideally with a squirming "pull it out to reload" animation. then again maybe that's slower reloading :)

Any chance of vaginal plugs so girls/futa can hold 2 spare rounds, heck could also add assault rifle magazines & pistol clips as plugs too :)

You'v already got Nuka quantam pegged for future enchantment to provide energy resist and frankly a radiation leaking warhead in your butt doesn't really make sense as a radiation absorber.  Did you consider the intsitute examiner, tritool, or sensor?  As medical devices they make sense and from what I can see on the main page are not slated for anything in particular.

That's my 2 cents for whatever it's worht.

You'v already got Nuka quantam pegged for future enchantment to provide energy resist and frankly a radiation leaking warhead in your butt doesn't really make sense as a radiation absorber.  Did you consider the intsitute examiner, tritool, or sensor?  As medical devices they make sense and from what I can see on the main page are not slated for anything in particular.

That's my 2 cents for whatever it's worht.

what i have listed is not set in stone.

the mini nuke making you resist rads makes perfect sense, since you're obviously use to it.

the institute tools will probably be more crafting related.

or have a miniaturized version of those fog condensers.

hmm... 

hmm... 

Also, the Mysterious Serum already removes radiation, on top of other buffs. It would be cool to provide a more permanent yet diminished effect as the consumable serum, or if you want, you could have the effects enhanced, as it is taken as a suppository.

And, as an alternative to Quantum, you could use Vim! Refresh or Captains Blend instead.

And my last idea if Glowing fungus, since it is a component of radaway, and it'd be funny to have a little mushroom growing out of your asshole

Actually the mini-nuke reminds me of something I saw on a Youtube video the other night. Supposedly during one of the World Wars, a soldier was using a live artillery shell to "push his hemorrhoids back up inside his butt", but apparently pushed it in too far one day and it got stuck. If true, that must've been an interesting day for the medics who had to remove it, lol.

Honestly none of those would make me think they'd offer Rad Resist. As others have stated it would make more sense for Quantum to offer energy resist or something like that. As for the mininuke maybe increased explosive damage. Heck you could make the butt rocket offer a larger explosion radius bonus and the butt nuke could provide a damage bonus to explosions.

I like really the fog condenser idea though.

First, sorry for the bad english.

I too don't think these two are good option, I am more prone to ideas like a cactus (known for the myth of radiation-absorber) that damage you when moving too much, like sprinting; or a "enema-radway" that kills the radiation until is empty. I know very well that these Idea needs some (too much) work, but with time and will everything is possible!

Guest Katherlne

so i am starting far harbour now, and the entire island is annoying as fuck being irradiated. which means inspiration for the next enchanted plug.

Just make a plug from bottle of rad-x :blush:

Voted Nuka Cola Quantum. 

Note you could derive this in many different plugs by replenishing the empty bottles with different liquids ;)

The second idea you did give me is that a mini-nuke plug could replace the basic explosive collar used for slaves, I would be greatly interested by such an item to incorporate in my slave mods ...

i have been playing with the quantum with 350 resist all week, but i havent come up with a perk name or art yet. i don't think rad-x stacks with it as jumping into water that usually gives 3rad now gives 1rad, and then taking rad-x doesn't change that at all.

post-501843-0-85726500-1467996710_thumb.png

i have been playing with the quantum with 350 resist all week, but i havent come up with a perk name or art yet. i don't think rad-x stacks with it as jumping into water that usually gives 3rad now gives 1rad, and then taking rad-x doesn't change that at all.

I still have yet to figure out radiation resistance and how it stacks in this game. From the Fallout 4 wiki I read, "100 Rad Resistance appears to reduce radiation damage to about half, possibly meaning that for every 1 unit of Resistance, 1% more damage is needed for the same effect." But they also went on to say that further testing was needed so not even whoever cared enough to post the information to the wiki really knows whats going on.

At 350 resist though, 3 rad water will put you at <1 rad and I've never seen it where you get absolutely no rads from a radiation source so to test stacking you might need to find a stronger source of radiation.

mini nukes = no explosion stagger?

Just a suggestion.

You already did the same thing to molotovs, right? (no stagger from the impact, I mean)

And what about Rad-X?

Somebody mentioned grenades?

What about animal/bug parts? Dat Bloodbug Proboscis...

Though I'm late to this party, I'd like to share some thoughts. I was big into making my own perks and enchanted stuff in New Vegas, so I feel your pain in regards to the trial and error of balancing. So here are just brief thoughts without any hard numbers

Perk Name: Quantum Resonance

Effect: Rad Resistance

Flavor: Nuka-Cola's secret Quantum recipe has always been rumored to have "side affects". Centuries later, the formula has stabilized and its long term benefits can be  utilized, with "proper application".

Art Concept: Pip Boy/Girl looking over their shoulder winking at the player. Bottle in place, exposed, with wavy radiation/illumination  rings around it. Leaning on Nuke waste barrel.

Perk Name: The Big One

Flavor: The Power of Atom compels you.... the Power of Atom compels you!!

Effect Opt1: Fortification to explosive damage / Enhanced Crit with explosives / DR to Explosives

Effect Opt2: Healed by Radiation  (Higher Rad level, higher HP regen)  / Immune to food/water radiation

Art Concept: Pip Girl/Boy squatting down on the tip of the mini nuke, face strained trying to fit that bad boy in.

If you like them, by all means use them. If you want more, just give me a list of the ones you need ideas for and I'll see what I can come up with. I really cant get into the innards of the CK yet, busy time of year with work and all. But I use your mod and look forward to seeing effects added to the plugs!

• 1 month later...

Well, you could insert some kind of slimy slug into your bowels that cleans your body from radiation and you could use a mini-nuke to keep the slug in and keep it calm if there's no other radiation feed from. I mean a radiation sucking slug might get annoyed if it runs out of radiation to feed on ;)

Archived