Cannot initiate dialog with Serana

slvsaris

This has happened to me before with a different standard follower. I just reloaded a previous save to get rid of the issue (But I think I had to dump the follower because the issue resurfaced later)

Anyways, The issue is that for some reason the follower, in this case Serana, will no longer initiate dialog. When you try to initiate dialog she just looks at you and her mouth moves like she is trying to say something, but the dialog menu does not show, nor does she say anything. I am pretty sure it is not mod or load order related as this is a long standing save, so I do not feel as though I need to post my load order or mod list. I read somewhere that this issue is a result of a dialog tree getting interrupted somewhere? I am just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue before and what they did to try to fix it. I have tried all the standard NPC console commands like resurrect, enable/disable, spawning a new Serana, and even force dismissed her. Nothing seems to work. Looking for a way to troubleshoot this so I can fix it. It is really annoying!

The only mods I have that affect Serana are Seranaholic, SeranaDialogEdit, and Amorous Adventures.

"Serana" is a problematic NPC.

Good luck to find a solution. Be aware that its Actor ID changes, and the race changes, and the voice type changes.

So it is really hard to use this NPC.

Do you get a "....." when you try to talk to her?

Do you use Defeat?

If both answers are true, then reset defeat (and sexlab framework if you must) and it should work fine

I use Defeat, but the dialog window does not show at all, but her mouth moves like she is saying something.

Do you use Defeat?

If both answers are true, then reset defeat (and sexlab framework if you must) and it should work fine

I use Defeat, but the dialog window does not show at all, but her mouth moves like she is saying something.

Please, answer me this:

Did you reset defeat and sexlab framework?

Do you use Defeat?

Please, answer me this:

Did you reset defeat and sexlab framework?

I did, and it did not help.

I have no idea if that seranadialogedit mod could do something weird or not...

May be a follower mod (AFT, EFF) that you could reset?

Tried disable / enable with console?

If not i am out of ideas, i was convinced that the defeat / sexlab reset would work 

Archived