Anime race? [MMD models]

~snip~

Creating characters can be hard to learn. Maybe you can find a RaceMenu preset of a good-looking character. If not, then you can try this tutorial. Just go on the Nexus, find a cute looking character, use the tutorial and you should have a good base. Maybe you like this face, it's a cute follower that came to my mind. If not, simply search for more.

For the ENB, I recommend you anko ENB. It's very colorful and pretty and even quite performance friendly. I used it for a long time and I can assure you that it will look completely different than Skyrim without an ENB.

For realism, my recommendation would be Opethfeldt ENB. It looks really good and is quite performance friendly too. You would need to tweak the night darkness if you prefer to not use a torch all the time.

There are dozens of other ENBs on the Nexus, those two are my personal favorites for gameplay. Both look really good and are also very performance friendly, meaning you will rarely have less than 30 FPS.

And maybe you would like to turn off the Depth of Field (blurry background) while playing the game. It's good for screenshots, but I prefer to have it off when playing Skyrim.

Hehe thank you for the suggestions ! 

I like lolis for characters like these tsumiki_miniwa_icon___by_taka_mina-d7y9a  hehe :3

44731.jpgphoto-1464421.png?_r=1421114791

I've used Opethfeldt enb before, I like the light and greeness feeling of it. Springtime enb is a tweaked version of opethfeldt enb, I like it a lot. I think I'll stick with it for now neko_emoji_17__happy___v1__by_jerikuto-d

~snip~

Creating characters can be hard to learn. Maybe you can find a RaceMenu preset of a good-looking character. If not, then you can try this tutorial. Just go on the Nexus, find a cute looking character, use the tutorial and you should have a good base. Maybe you like this face, it's a cute follower that came to my mind. If not, simply search for more.

For the ENB, I recommend you anko ENB. It's very colorful and pretty and even quite performance friendly. I used it for a long time and I can assure you that it will look completely different than Skyrim without an ENB.

For realism, my recommendation would be Opethfeldt ENB. It looks really good and is quite performance friendly too. You would need to tweak the night darkness if you prefer to not use a torch all the time.

There are dozens of other ENBs on the Nexus, those two are my personal favorites for gameplay. Both look really good and are also very performance friendly, meaning you will rarely have less than 30 FPS.

And maybe you would like to turn off the Depth of Field (blurry background) while playing the game. It's good for screenshots, but I prefer to have it off when playing Skyrim.

I like lolis for characters like these tsumiki_miniwa_icon___by_taka_mina-d7y9a  hehe :3

I've used Opethfeldt enb before, I like the light and greeness feeling of it. Springtime enb is a tweaked version of opethfeldt enb, I like it a lot. I think I'll stick with it for now neko_emoji_17__happy___v1__by_jerikuto-d

Maybe you like these followers? I used a quick search to find them.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45862/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53148/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65155/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75527/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75507/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74855/?

~snip~

Maybe you like these followers? I used a quick search to find them.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45862/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53148/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65155/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75527/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75507/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74855/?

Those models are really cute !

Thank you :3

• 2 months later...

Well... As others already said, Skyrim is different than Oblivion. In Oblivion, you would simply choose a race and that would nearly already be what you would be playing as, meaning you would not edit your character a lot because there wasn't something like RaceMenu. So instead of having a lot of possibilities for character customization, you would simply choose a race, make some adjustments and that's it.

However, Skyrim is completely different. A race can make a difference, but if you would look through some of the Skyrim screenshot topics here and ask the people which race they use, nearly all of them will tell you that they use a vanilla race, mostly simply use the Nord race.

So: Instead of picking a race and have your perfect character, Skyrim is more complex about making your character. And that's actually a good thing.

This means you need mods to achieve good results. Texture mods, body mods, eye mods, hair mods, and most important: RaceMenu. Or Enhanced Character Edit, but nowadays most of the people use RaceMenu to create their characters.

And doing all that can actually be harder than learning Blender to import MMD models to Skyrim. So I'm going to try and help you a bit.  :)

At first, get RaceMenu: a huge amount of sliders and other things to create your character.

It can be hard to make your own face, and maybe you find a follower and think that their face looks wonderful. This quick and easy tutorial (includes a video) can help you to get a copy of their face. Works in most of the cases. And keep in mind that you will just have the head, you still need to select hair, eyes and so on. Consider this as a start for creating a character. (To be honest with you, I use it every time before I create a character.)

Hair mods: Many people like ApachiiSkyHair. I don't. Texture and mesh quality of the hairs are kind of outdated if you compare them to newer ones.

I prefer SGHairs (google for that one, it's taken down but still used by many people and easy to find) and KS Hairdos. Using SGHairs and KS Hairdos, you will have hundreds of wonderful hair options.

If you want physics on your hairs, you can try KS Hairdos - HDT Physics. Some of the hairs from KS Hairdos have HDT physics with this mod. Requires HDT!

Then there is also Combined KS Hairdos for more hair options. It combines some hairs from KS Hairdos into one hair. Use this if you want hairier (and fluffier!) hair.

If those are too many to choose from, use KS Hairdos and SGHairs.  :)

Eyes... Well, there are MANY eye mods.

The Eyes Of Beauty is definitely the most used one. Contains some really good eyes.

Mikan Eyes and New Mikan Eyes are my preference. They look very anime-like. They're the most beautiful eyes for Skyrim in my opinion. Many of them have custom eye lashes, and I think (I'm not sure) there are some heterochromia eyes (one eye color being different than the other one).

Now you have some beautiful eyes and hairs to make your character pretty (and anime-like if you want to  ;)). So what's next? A beautiful skin.

No skin mods are made for vanilla body type (because it's ugly and no one uses it), so you need a good body at first. And here you have a huge amount of possibilities.

I would recommend you a UNP body type. There are UNP and CBBE body types, but UNP body types have more support, so use that. Which one? That's up to you and your likings. Big breasts? Small breasts? All that is available.

If you want big breasts, use SevenBase or UNPB. If you want smaller breasts, use UNP itself.

And don't forget to use HDT version to have jiggly breasts and butts. Cliché or not, if you want an anime character, you need jiggly breasts and butts!  :D

You may ask yourself "But why doesn't he tell me more about the body types?" The reason is simple. There is one tool which is better than any body type you can ever find. It's called UUNP (Bodyslide). What does this tool do? It gives you a body shape preset that you can edit and customize to your liking. Look at the SevenBase body. Maybe you think "Yeah, it's good, but I wish the breasts would be a bit smaller..." It's possible with UUNP. You can have SevenBase as a preset and customize it to your likings. You want to customize the breasts? Possible. You want to customize the butt? Possible. Waist? Arms? Legs? Nipples? All that and even more is possible! And on top of that: You can even do that while YOU ARE PLAYING THE GAME. Maybe your creation looks good in Bodyslide, but in the game you think "Hm... I would like to have the breasts a little bit bigger on my character." You can do that without having to close the game, use the tool and restart the game. Wonderful, isn't it?

So... what's the downside of the tool? You need to learn how to use it, that's all. And trust me, it's nothing compared to Blender. A quick and small tutorial is available here. If you have questions, ask me, I'm always eager to help.  :)

So now you have a good body. Next is the textures for that body. This depends on what you want. Do you want a rough body with scars? Do you want muscles? Or do you want a light body like? I guess you prefer the last option.

Anyways, this body texture pack should have everything you want. Oily body? Check. Muscles? Check. High quality textures? Check. Many other things? Check! The best part is that you can choose what you want. You don't want muscles? Glossiness? Low textures? Other things? Select whatever you want.

Now you already have a big amount of stuff. Hairs, eyes, body and textures. You want warpaints? Tattoos? That's also available, either search for it yourself or ask someone (me for example).

What's missing? An ENB. And this part is going to be a little difficult because of the variety of options and your computer.

What is an ENB? An ENB makes your game look a lot better with many effects. The downside: You can't use one if you play on a potato. Well, you can, but it will be hard to find one. Basically... if you can't play Skyrim on ultra settings with at least 30 FPS, forget about ENB. But if you can, then you can consider yourself lucky to be able to use an ENB.

Before I start talking about ENBs, I need you to tell me if you can run Skyrim on ultra settings and maybe also your graphics card and CPU. And if you already have tried some ENBs.

I hope I could help you a little with my suggestions. You have questions? Ask me, I will try my best to help you. The people in this forum are very helpful too, so if you want to know what mods a certain person uses, simply ask them. Of course they will also help you with other questions.

EDIT: Are you interested in using Sexlab?  :D

Thank you for your help !

We have the same likes ! I like SG hairs, KS hair, and Mikan eyes ! chitanda_smile_icon_by_magical_icon-d850

And omg that skin texture is awesome ! I didn't know it existed lol. 

Before, I was using fair skin and using nif to make it a bit oily xD

I have Nvidia 680. And yes, I can run skyrim on ultra settings.

And n..no..I..I'm to..too sh..shy to us..use th..that..artimist___blush___embarrassed___shy___s

you can make anime char without race with racemenu morph and sliders and adorable face with uunp petit preset + nif ported from asian followers mod and 1h of work and you will have really cute char and the very important is eyes mod and hair and realllllllllllllly cute dress

good luck , i have the same dream but with time i make really cute char is animesh char lol

Thank you for the suggestion kotori_smile_icon_by_magical_icon-d7xvib

I have never tried the race menu morph yet..currently my Skyrim is screwed ____by_pineapple_soup-d8ryxpn.gifbecause I reinstalled it but somehow there are mods in it even though I don't see any mods x.x Mods from a different hard drive is probably interfering  rain_by_pineapple_soup-d8s2ddr.gif

I will keep trying to make the MMD work even though it's completely out of my league because blender and everything is completely new to me. I just started doing all these like two days ago depressed_by_theonionhead-d5qjelw.gif

If you know anyone good at blender, please let me know lei_by_elyon87.gif

Thank you for all the suggestion !! I really appreciate it. I do know about some of them, I have used some of them before like MaTera maria_smile_icon_by_magical_icon-d7shipk

I used MMD models in minecraft game if you know of it, and it was super easy to use. They made a mod for it. And I thought it would be easy in Skyrim too but guess not since Skyrim is way more complex ____by_pineapple_soup-d8ryxpn.gif

Before you start modding anything, i recommend you get Mod Organizer. That way mods are exclusively downloaded to MO's folder and doesn't touch the rest of your computer. So you won't have that problem with unknown mods showing up without you finding them.

I'd recommend having a fresh install of skyrim before doing that though :b

I do use that when I was using mods with my old skyrim which confuses me because MO shouldn't interfere and make my new installed skyrim use mods .. llama_emoji_38__confused___v2__by_jeriku

The biggest challenges to having something like this in Skyrim would probably be:

- MMD's soft, cel-shaded graphics are really hard to get to look right in Skyrim. So you can't really just port them straight, or Skyrim's lighting effects will just make them look weird, shiny, and plastic like many other anime ported mods have been (for example, the Miku twintails hair that seems to have been ported from MMD - it looks damn terrible). Best to use an existing skin texture as a base to create the head's tones, most likely Fair Skin Complexion, and then look into getting them compatible with existing hair mods.

- This race would need a very customized head mesh to fit the MMD models' facial features, just like the Elin race currently does. This means they'll need knowledge of how the game's .tri morph files work in order to make it so they can move their mouths and eyes properly. The Elin race still has this issue in fact - their mouths can't open fully into an O shape, and their larger eye sizes don't close properly, which can really screw with the immersion.

- This morphed head mesh means that they'll need a custom morph for any hair mods you wish to make compatible with the race, as well. Without a morph, the hairs won't fit properly, clipping straight into their heads so their scalps poke through. The Elin race now has a sizeable collection of hair mods thanks to PsychoMachina's efforts, but for a while their selection was quite limited.

- The bigger head also means they'll need a skeleton with custom node scales in order to make them look right. This can be achieved either by finangling with the XPMSE skeleton itself so they'll look good by default, or by creating a RaceMenu preset that'll set the proper scales when loaded. Time-consuming either way, but the latter's a lot easier.

cb3beadb35a7b9d75829045a81c2950c.jpg

e0dfb2708a423fc897e3544c3b3e0530.jpg

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/976085-hyperdimension-neptunia-mk2-in-skyrim/

These looks fine to me though. Someone in that link actually managed to port it but no response onion_sad_by_onionsad.gif

You can also try out this mod :) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16209

Thank you for the suggestion. I know about that mod, I've used it before. komari_kamikita__smile___v1__by_jerikuto

Its a voiced follower with weapons

Here is the download

http://www.gamemaps.com/profile/974356

Found it from here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamindustri/comments/4mqo35/skyrim_neptunia_mod/

No thanks needed thanks google search.

youtube

• 3 weeks later...

Well... As others already said, Skyrim is different than Oblivion. In Oblivion, you would simply choose a race and that would nearly already be what you would be playing as, meaning you would not edit your character a lot because there wasn't something like RaceMenu. So instead of having a lot of possibilities for character customization, you would simply choose a race, make some adjustments and that's it.

However, Skyrim is completely different. A race can make a difference, but if you would look through some of the Skyrim screenshot topics here and ask the people which race they use, nearly all of them will tell you that they use a vanilla race, mostly simply use the Nord race.

So: Instead of picking a race and have your perfect character, Skyrim is more complex about making your character. And that's actually a good thing.

This means you need mods to achieve good results. Texture mods, body mods, eye mods, hair mods, and most important: RaceMenu. Or Enhanced Character Edit, but nowadays most of the people use RaceMenu to create their characters.

And doing all that can actually be harder than learning Blender to import MMD models to Skyrim. So I'm going to try and help you a bit.  :)

At first, get RaceMenu: a huge amount of sliders and other things to create your character.

It can be hard to make your own face, and maybe you find a follower and think that their face looks wonderful. This quick and easy tutorial (includes a video) can help you to get a copy of their face. Works in most of the cases. And keep in mind that you will just have the head, you still need to select hair, eyes and so on. Consider this as a start for creating a character. (To be honest with you, I use it every time before I create a character.)

Hair mods: Many people like ApachiiSkyHair. I don't. Texture and mesh quality of the hairs are kind of outdated if you compare them to newer ones.

I prefer SGHairs (google for that one, it's taken down but still used by many people and easy to find) and KS Hairdos. Using SGHairs and KS Hairdos, you will have hundreds of wonderful hair options.

If you want physics on your hairs, you can try KS Hairdos - HDT Physics. Some of the hairs from KS Hairdos have HDT physics with this mod. Requires HDT!

Then there is also Combined KS Hairdos for more hair options. It combines some hairs from KS Hairdos into one hair. Use this if you want hairier (and fluffier!) hair.

If those are too many to choose from, use KS Hairdos and SGHairs.  :)

Eyes... Well, there are MANY eye mods.

The Eyes Of Beauty is definitely the most used one. Contains some really good eyes.

Mikan Eyes and New Mikan Eyes are my preference. They look very anime-like. They're the most beautiful eyes for Skyrim in my opinion. Many of them have custom eye lashes, and I think (I'm not sure) there are some heterochromia eyes (one eye color being different than the other one).

Now you have some beautiful eyes and hairs to make your character pretty (and anime-like if you want to  ;)). So what's next? A beautiful skin.

No skin mods are made for vanilla body type (because it's ugly and no one uses it), so you need a good body at first. And here you have a huge amount of possibilities.

I would recommend you a UNP body type. There are UNP and CBBE body types, but UNP body types have more support, so use that. Which one? That's up to you and your likings. Big breasts? Small breasts? All that is available.

If you want big breasts, use SevenBase or UNPB. If you want smaller breasts, use UNP itself.

And don't forget to use HDT version to have jiggly breasts and butts. Cliché or not, if you want an anime character, you need jiggly breasts and butts!  :D

You may ask yourself "But why doesn't he tell me more about the body types?" The reason is simple. There is one tool which is better than any body type you can ever find. It's called UUNP (Bodyslide). What does this tool do? It gives you a body shape preset that you can edit and customize to your liking. Look at the SevenBase body. Maybe you think "Yeah, it's good, but I wish the breasts would be a bit smaller..." It's possible with UUNP. You can have SevenBase as a preset and customize it to your likings. You want to customize the breasts? Possible. You want to customize the butt? Possible. Waist? Arms? Legs? Nipples? All that and even more is possible! And on top of that: You can even do that while YOU ARE PLAYING THE GAME. Maybe your creation looks good in Bodyslide, but in the game you think "Hm... I would like to have the breasts a little bit bigger on my character." You can do that without having to close the game, use the tool and restart the game. Wonderful, isn't it?

So... what's the downside of the tool? You need to learn how to use it, that's all. And trust me, it's nothing compared to Blender. A quick and small tutorial is available here. If you have questions, ask me, I'm always eager to help.  :)

So now you have a good body. Next is the textures for that body. This depends on what you want. Do you want a rough body with scars? Do you want muscles? Or do you want a light body like? I guess you prefer the last option.

Anyways, this body texture pack should have everything you want. Oily body? Check. Muscles? Check. High quality textures? Check. Many other things? Check! The best part is that you can choose what you want. You don't want muscles? Glossiness? Low textures? Other things? Select whatever you want.

Now you already have a big amount of stuff. Hairs, eyes, body and textures. You want warpaints? Tattoos? That's also available, either search for it yourself or ask someone (me for example).

What's missing? An ENB. And this part is going to be a little difficult because of the variety of options and your computer.

What is an ENB? An ENB makes your game look a lot better with many effects. The downside: You can't use one if you play on a potato. Well, you can, but it will be hard to find one. Basically... if you can't play Skyrim on ultra settings with at least 30 FPS, forget about ENB. But if you can, then you can consider yourself lucky to be able to use an ENB.

Before I start talking about ENBs, I need you to tell me if you can run Skyrim on ultra settings and maybe also your graphics card and CPU. And if you already have tried some ENBs.

I hope I could help you a little with my suggestions. You have questions? Ask me, I will try my best to help you. The people in this forum are very helpful too, so if you want to know what mods a certain person uses, simply ask them. Of course they will also help you with other questions.

EDIT: Are you interested in using Sexlab?  :D

Thank you for your help !

We have the same likes ! I like SG hairs, KS hair, and Mikan eyes ! chitanda_smile_icon_by_magical_icon-d850

And omg that skin texture is awesome ! I didn't know it existed lol. 

Before, I was using fair skin and using nif to make it a bit oily xD

I have Nvidia 680. And yes, I can run skyrim on ultra settings.

And n..no..I..I'm to..too sh..shy to us..use th..that..artimist___blush___embarrassed___shy___s

you can make anime char without race with racemenu morph and sliders and adorable face with uunp petit preset + nif ported from asian followers mod and 1h of work and you will have really cute char and the very important is eyes mod and hair and realllllllllllllly cute dress

good luck , i have the same dream but with time i make really cute char is animesh char lol

Thank you for the suggestion kotori_smile_icon_by_magical_icon-d7xvib

I have never tried the race menu morph yet..currently my Skyrim is screwed ____by_pineapple_soup-d8ryxpn.gifbecause I reinstalled it but somehow there are mods in it even though I don't see any mods x.x Mods from a different hard drive is probably interfering  rain_by_pineapple_soup-d8s2ddr.gif

I will keep trying to make the MMD work even though it's completely out of my league because blender and everything is completely new to me. I just started doing all these like two days ago depressed_by_theonionhead-d5qjelw.gif

If you know anyone good at blender, please let me know lei_by_elyon87.gif

Thank you for all the suggestion !! I really appreciate it. I do know about some of them, I have used some of them before like MaTera maria_smile_icon_by_magical_icon-d7shipk

I used MMD models in minecraft game if you know of it, and it was super easy to use. They made a mod for it. And I thought it would be easy in Skyrim too but guess not since Skyrim is way more complex ____by_pineapple_soup-d8ryxpn.gif

Before you start modding anything, i recommend you get Mod Organizer. That way mods are exclusively downloaded to MO's folder and doesn't touch the rest of your computer. So you won't have that problem with unknown mods showing up without you finding them.

I'd recommend having a fresh install of skyrim before doing that though :b

I do use that when I was using mods with my old skyrim which confuses me because MO shouldn't interfere and make my new installed skyrim use mods .. llama_emoji_38__confused___v2__by_jeriku

The biggest challenges to having something like this in Skyrim would probably be:

- MMD's soft, cel-shaded graphics are really hard to get to look right in Skyrim. So you can't really just port them straight, or Skyrim's lighting effects will just make them look weird, shiny, and plastic like many other anime ported mods have been (for example, the Miku twintails hair that seems to have been ported from MMD - it looks damn terrible). Best to use an existing skin texture as a base to create the head's tones, most likely Fair Skin Complexion, and then look into getting them compatible with existing hair mods.

- This race would need a very customized head mesh to fit the MMD models' facial features, just like the Elin race currently does. This means they'll need knowledge of how the game's .tri morph files work in order to make it so they can move their mouths and eyes properly. The Elin race still has this issue in fact - their mouths can't open fully into an O shape, and their larger eye sizes don't close properly, which can really screw with the immersion.

- This morphed head mesh means that they'll need a custom morph for any hair mods you wish to make compatible with the race, as well. Without a morph, the hairs won't fit properly, clipping straight into their heads so their scalps poke through. The Elin race now has a sizeable collection of hair mods thanks to PsychoMachina's efforts, but for a while their selection was quite limited.

- The bigger head also means they'll need a skeleton with custom node scales in order to make them look right. This can be achieved either by finangling with the XPMSE skeleton itself so they'll look good by default, or by creating a RaceMenu preset that'll set the proper scales when loaded. Time-consuming either way, but the latter's a lot easier.

cb3beadb35a7b9d75829045a81c2950c.jpg

e0dfb2708a423fc897e3544c3b3e0530.jpg

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/976085-hyperdimension-neptunia-mk2-in-skyrim/

These looks fine to me though. Someone in that link actually managed to port it but no response onion_sad_by_onionsad.gif

You can also try out this mod :) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16209

Thank you for the suggestion. I know about that mod, I've used it before. komari_kamikita__smile___v1__by_jerikuto

Its a voiced follower with weapons

Here is the download

http://www.gamemaps.com/profile/974356

Found it from here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamindustri/comments/4mqo35/skyrim_neptunia_mod/

No thanks needed thanks google search.

youtube

Oh wow still, I thank you for searching it for me !! I'm sorry for late reply, I haven't check the post in a while, been busy. depressed_by_theonionhead-d5qjelw.gif

• 2 years later...

Archived