Texture/Lighting error on costum armor

So ive recently picked up 3ds max and wanted to make an armor for Fallout. So far its been going quite well but now the texture on my right leg isnt really showing up properly and i have no clue why. In some areas its just way too bright, in others way too dark or completly black. Color should be the same as the torso. But it changes really weird with the lighting.

I can upload the nif file if that helps, the textures files actually look quite normal as far as i can tell.

And i know this has been asked in another post but while were at it, does anybody know how i can keep my helmet from disappearing when the camera gets too close to it?

QS7TESc.jpg

9XC5w7i.jpgSzjSrfh.jpg

The helmet issue is likely a bounding sphere problem. See this post Another thread which has a quick and dirty on that.

Do the leg and torso use the same texture/material file?

Are they the same nif?

Are they the same mesh?

Do they have the same lighting shader settings?

If all the answers are yes I have no clue why they'd look different. If the material files are different check your settings. Likely that you're either using vastly different normal maps, specular maps, environmental maps, or setup emittance.

To better troubleshoot having the nif, texture, and material files to reproduce the problem would be needed. But I hope this helps you target the issue.

The helmet issue is likely a bounding sphere problem. See this post Another thread which has a quick and dirty on that.

Do the leg and torso use the same texture/material file?

Are they the same nif?

Are they the same mesh?

Do they have the same lighting shader settings?

If all the answers are yes I have no clue why they'd look different. If the material files are different check your settings. Likely that you're either using vastly different normal maps, specular maps, environmental maps, or setup emittance.

To better troubleshoot having the nif, texture, and material files to reproduce the problem would be needed. But I hope this helps you target the issue.

Bounding spheres are set to 0 on all parts, and yes they are all separate meshes and textures. Legs don't disappear at all, chest piece disappears when you get very close and helmet disappears very fast. I actually thought armors don't use bounding spheres? I'll give it a try this evening though.

I'll also have to check my _s and my _n because the diffuse looks just fine.

If none of that works ill upload my nif. Thanks!

As for the shader I'm using the one of the vanilla combat armor on all parts and the material file is the same on all of them except for the texture paths of course

Archived