Far harbors turns FO4 into an RPG/Alternate start mod released

So I was thinking that only modders could fix FO4 and was kinda bored by the lack of roleplaying possibilities and the whole SHAAAUUUNNN!!!! shit, but then I decided to try far harbour and holy shit I was surprised!

In the vault ttective quest you can be corupt and accept money to let the murderer go away or take his money and double cross him, you can be evil and help the children of atom to fuck up, and the most amazing of all, theres the posibiliies the player is a synth!

If you talk to Dima he talks abot the possibility of the player being a synth and the prewar memories being a lie. He even use the fact that your first/oldest memory is the day the bombs fell, no childhood, no meeting nora, just the world going to shit! Also rtheres no way to detect synths!

Dawn Now I can roleplay, what if both were killed and shaun tryed to "bring me back"? That could be why the institute hasnt contacted you after you woke up and yopure so Badass, maybe youre an experiment, full coursers capabilities and free will lost in the wasteland looing for the institute... What would wappen? What could possibly go wrong?

Edit: OMG Its here! the dawn of roleplaying! its has started, they relesaed an altenate start mod!!!!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13762/?

The game really does come alive for roleplaying after you get the missing baby BS out of the way and

add some choice mods. The FO4 Resurrection mod is a good place to start, if your system an handle

it; that and some body, armor and hair mods. I'm actually starting to enjoy my hot MILF PC; I even gave

her tits some sag to simulate the after-effects of pregnancy. I've just started Far Harbor... damn, that fog

looks good :)

Guest MonsterFish

I am actually pleasantly surprised by Far Harbor, there's a clear line as to what is good and what is bad. What I find hard about is that I don't know WHY it is good and why it is bad. I was absolutely sure DiMA was gonna turn out to be a bad guy and was controlling you from the shadows, only to be cock blocked and all he did was <Spoiler>. It was kinda bad but not as bad considering why he did it. As far as I can see, the Children of the Atom didn't really want to bring harm on anyone until harm was brought on them.

Also whoever thought that hacking segment was a good idea needs to be fired. That was the most boring shit I've had to put up with in a while.

Woulda been nice to have these RPG elements in the main game rather than a small section of a DLC :/

So I was thinking that only modders could fix FO4 and was kinda bored by the lack of roleplaying possibilities and the whole SHAAAUUUNNN!!!! shit, 

kek.

Bravo, OP. I may play it tonight thanks to your splendid review.

They ruined the game by adding RPG.

True story!

Far Harbor forces me into making moral decisions beyond killing and maiming....So mad brah.

On a serious note though uh it adds quite a bit of story and choice but uh now that it does that it kinda takes time to you know get back to blowing shit up.

Its like putting Mass Effect into your machine an having to uh sit through a bunch of story when you know....You want to kill stuff with Jedi Mind Powers.

I am actually pleasantly surprised by Far Harbor, there's a clear line as to what is good and what is bad. What I find hard about is that I don't know WHY it is good and why it is bad. I was absolutely sure DiMA was gonna turn out to be a bad guy and was controlling you from the shadows, only to be cock blocked and all he did was <Spoiler>. It was kinda bad but not as bad considering why he did it. As far as I can see, the Children of the Atom didn't really want to bring harm on anyone until harm was brought on them.

Also whoever thought that hacking segment was a good idea needs to be fired. That was the most boring shit I've had to put up with in a while.

Woulda been nice to have these RPG elements in the main game rather than a small section of a DLC :/

1. But DiMA kinda is if you look on the situation with different angle. At least consequences of his actions...

2. But honestly, how many special+perk checks did you found? I've seen only two. :-/

1. But DiMA kinda is if you look on the situation with different angle. At least consequences of his actions...

2. But honestly, how many special+perk checks did you found? I've seen only two. :-/

I found 2 but I dont know if they are the same. The ones I found were to the junk treasure.

I found 2 but I dont know if they are the same. The ones I found were to the junk treasure.

Well, I found one in Far Harbor with the guy on a sick bay and the one in CoA side quest where you fix the disinfection arc.

Well, I found one in Far Harbor with the guy on a sick bay and the one in CoA side quest where you fix the disinfection arc.

nope didnt see those.

Guest MonsterFish

I understand what DiMA did was bad, but his intentions were good and likely the only way of doing things without causing a war between the 2 factions. How he did it was a bad thing but it was pretty much the only thing to do. What I was expecting him to do was turn around and say 'Thanks for doing this, now I control the entire island and soon will invade the mainland with my synth army as I replace more and more' and you could either stop him and kill him or let him go.

I found 3 special/perk checks. The 2 that you mentioned plus a random generator in the middle of nowhere where I could do an 8+ Intelligence check or find 6 copper to fix it. I have no idea what it did, whether it opened up a settlement or what.

Anyways, some stray observations from checking through the BSAs

-The Fog Crawlers are labelled as 'TheDeepOne' and their limbs as 'Prawns', so Fog Crawlers are probably not Praying Mantis' or, as I thought, Waterbugs but prawns, likely Freshwater Prawns since they have pincers.

-There's a Stingwing Nest. I never saw a Stingwing nest in the game but I didn't fully explore the island so... it may be there it may not.

-There's something called a 'TurkeyGun' inside the folder is only something called 'MiniNukeBowlingBallBarrel' which is just a bowling ball mesh. Is this a modification to the Fatman or a quest reward? Again, I still have not explored the whole island so I don't know.

-Under 'Whale Bones' are tusks. The Ghoul Whale is a Narwhal confirmed.

While the thread title should have a Spoiler tag on it, it's kind of common sense to avoid threads that have the sole purpose of discussing Far Harbor (or any DLC for that matter), if you want to avoid spoilers.

Because regardless of the thread's intentions, someone will always post spoilers about it. Just the way the community is.

I understand what DiMA did was bad, but his intentions were good and likely the only way of doing things without causing a war between the 2 factions. How he did it was a bad thing but it was pretty much the only thing to do. What I was expecting him to do was turn around and say 'Thanks for doing this, now I control the entire island and soon will invade the mainland with my synth army as I replace more and more' and you could either stop him and kill him or let him go.

I found 3 special/perk checks. The 2 that you mentioned plus a random generator in the middle of nowhere where I could do an 8+ Intelligence check or find 6 copper to fix it. I have no idea what it did, whether it opened up a settlement or what.

Anyways, some stray observations from checking through the BSAs

-The Fog Crawlers are labelled as 'TheDeepOne' and their limbs as 'Prawns', so Fog Crawlers are probably not Praying Mantis' or, as I thought, Waterbugs but prawns, likely Freshwater Prawns since they have pincers.

-There's a Stingwing Nest. I never saw a Stingwing nest in the game but I didn't fully explore the island so... it may be there it may not.

-There's something called a 'TurkeyGun' inside the folder is only something called 'MiniNukeBowlingBallBarrel' which is just a bowling ball mesh. Is this a modification to the Fatman or a quest reward? Again, I still have not explored the whole island so I don't know.

-Under 'Whale Bones' are tusks. The Ghoul Whale is a Narwhal confirmed.

Was that random generator on cranberry island?

thanks for the spoilers.

Asshole.

DUDE ITS AN FAR HABOUR AFTER RELEASE THREAD CONGRATULTION THE RPG ELEMENTS ON IT! How the fuck you hasnt expected spoilers? Anyway Ill put an spoiler tag.

BTW a guy released an alternate start mod. Ill try it monday.

Guest MonsterFish
 Was that random generator on cranberry island?

I can't remember. All I remember is that it was South, somewhat near Southeast Harbor near some Yao Guai.

No, but if you're saying that I'm gonna guess it's associated with a quest.

Not a quest, but basically it lead to a large cache of resources. If it is indeed where I think you are.

this is the one I found, the junk treasure for my settlements or gunsmithing.

Archived