Need help with the limits of the Creation Kit :/

I need some help finding out the limits of the Creation Kit.

I promised someone close to me that on the release of the Creation Kit for Fallout 4 I would make them a custom companion to go around with. I intend to keep this promise.

I want to make the companion unique in the fact that it doesn't just stand there looking generic and like a child waiting to be told what to do. There is a list of things I want it to do but not sure if the engine can support it.

[GENERAL]

- Use caps in companions inventory to go and buy items such as stimpacks etc. If memory serves Willow in New Vegas could do this, or it might of been Sophia in Skyrim. I know Sophia would randomly take money out the players inventory and spend it.

[TRAINING]

- Through dialogue with the player, the companion can be sent to train up a skill or stat. Either by being trained by the player or another NPC. Willow could do this as well.

[COMBAT]

- When in party with the companion:  If the player is killed in combat, instead of being killed the player is moved to the nearest safe zone. The player regains consciousness and automatically starts with 10% health minimum, the amount of health recovered is determined by the companions healing skills. Up to a max of 50%. Possible? as some alternative death mod?

[MISSIONS]

- Missions given based of affinity. We know this can be done.

- Missions based on choices made in previous missions. We know this can be done.

[NEW ITEMS AND PERKS]

- Add new items which can be used and new perks. Should be doable.

More things to be added later :)

I need some help finding out the limits of the Creation Kit.

I promised someone close to me that on the release of the Creation Kit for Fallout 4 I would make them a custom companion to go around with. I intend to keep this promise.

I want to make the companion unique in the fact that it doesn't just stand there looking generic and like a child waiting to be told what to do. There is a list of things I want it to do but not sure if the engine can support it.

[GENERAL]

- Use caps in companions inventory to go and buy items such as stimpacks etc. If memory serves Willow in New Vegas could do this, or it might of been Sophia in Skyrim. I know Sophia would randomly take money out the players inventory and spend it.

[TRAINING]

- Through dialogue with the player, the companion can be sent to train up a skill or stat. Either by being trained by the player or another NPC. Willow could do this as well.

[COMBAT]

- When in party with the companion:  If the player is killed in combat, instead of being killed the player is moved to the nearest safe zone. The player regains consciousness and automatically starts with 10% health minimum, the amount of health recovered is determined by the companions healing skills. Up to a max of 50%. Possible? as some alternative death mod?

[MISSIONS]

- Missions given based of affinity. We know this can be done.

- Missions based on choices made in previous missions. We know this can be done.

[NEW ITEMS AND PERKS]

- Add new items which can be used and new perks. Should be doable.

More things to be added later :)

All of this sounds like it can be done. For the Training it seems like you'll have to set up a quest with a dialogue tree to accommodate it. Unfortunately the dialogue trees are a bit limited due to the four options available during each segment of a conversation. You could see if one of those actual dialogue mods makes it so you can accommodate more options for any one instance in a conversation allowing you to select multiple options. 

Not sure if any of that was clear. But yea, all the things you mentioned seem like things that can be done.

• 1 month later...

But what about affinity? I know you'll have to create a custom script for it. I made one for a simple follower to have (it's a dummy script) following Seddon's tutorial on YouTube. I'm WangDangAtomicTango on YouTube, and I've posted a few replies on the video that can help if you're still having trouble. Seddon's also available for help, and there are a few others about.

I've also looked at the other Companion's quests, and it seems like you'll need a few custom quests to for your date idea.

For example: 

MacCready has three quests:

1. Recruit 

2. Talk
3. Personal

You can use his as a base, but you'll have to do some extra scripting for your companion to have the attraction figured out etc. That's all I can contribute at the moment, I'm working on a romanceable companion, and that's the best I've got so far is the conversation. I used this face from one of my saves with the Face Ripper on Nexus. 

post-1119615-0-54475100-1467745249_thumb.jpg

post-1119615-0-84253500-1467745254_thumb.jpg

post-1119615-0-45318800-1467745273_thumb.png

Archived