Is the GoT adaptation mod worth a go?

You can see it from my icon. I'm a GoT fan.

From the mod page, I see that the mod's texture isn't quite well done, though this isn't very much an issue. The mod is still in progress, so improvement in different aspects is guaranteed.

But, I worry the compatibility issues with mods like 3DNPC and TPOS etc., which, I see both 3DNPC and TPOS as essential mods when playing Skyrim.

Lore conflicts I do not care, I can use my special brain ability to auto change certain names in the lines to GoT names, in my head. As for the voice issue, I can use voice packs of another language that I don't understand, though that would make Amorous Adventures sound silly.

What's your thoughts? Is it worth a go? Haven't really tried it yet.

There have been some mods in the past for movies like Lord of the Rings, Battlestar Galactica etc. The only problem is with them after they get so much attention the companies which make them have this annoying habit of filing cease and desist orders against the mod author/s and the hosting website. Even if you yourself built all the assets from scratch.

I though on it myself and yes, it could be done... but.... Imagine, you need a group of modders, you need to create the land, the armours, the characters, the quest, etc. Ok no problem, lets suppose someone do it... first it will become the file of the month, and probably of the year until (as Ark of Truth said) you will be sue by HBO and George R. R. Martin for using their IP.
And suppose they go first to our dear "Bethy".  Do you really thing that Bethesda will protect the modder in any way?

tumblr_lpo2i1XiwR1r185hao1_500.gif

You will be tortured like Theon.... until you lost more than your modd.....

game-of-thrones-dinner-ramsay-1428500198

To much work, and for the modder, in the end "the night is dark and full of terror"

I though on it myself and yes, it could be done... but.... Imagine, you need a group of modders, you need to create the land, the armours, the characters, the quest, etc. Ok no problem, lets suppose someone do it... first it will become the file of the month, and probably of the year until (as Ark of Truth said) you will be sue by HBO and George R. R. Martin for using their IP.

And suppose they go first to our dear "Bethy".  Do you really thing that Bethesda will protect the modder in any way?

tumblr_lpo2i1XiwR1r185hao1_500.gif

You will be tortured like Theon.... until you lost more than your modd.....

game-of-thrones-dinner-ramsay-1428500198

To much work, and for the modder, in the end "the night is dark and full of terror"

I think you've mistaken what I said. I was actually referring to http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20925/?

Yes I know somebody already did that, if you want to expand the mod improving the textures an adding more content go ahead. If you know how to do it, but first contact the original author.

Regarding the compatibility, the mod use skyrim as background, it change original locations to reflect Got, so you will have incompatibilities, that for sure.

The only clean way to do it, is to create a new land and copy everything you need there, renaming and using diferent Id for the quest and locations

Oh yeah, if you gonna install and try it out go ahead. Just be careful as big mods like that cause issues when they are uninstalled. Make sure you use either NMM or MO to install to save issues later.

(I should read the entire post before replying in future....)

Archived