Sexlab Animation Toggle Options

When you register animations with Sexlab and want to toggle them, what is the significance of the tags vs. toggling them in the plain toggle vs. aggressive toggle menu?

My situation is I would like to have a set of animations that play for consensual sex, a set of animations for non-consensual, and finally a set called by mods like Defeat for Bondage/Etc based on the tags.  I can't seem to get it to work.

With the option for restrictive aggressive animations turned on; do I have to toggle every animation I want to use in Sexlab in the toggle tab, then go to the aggressive tab and toggle the ones i want to be considered "aggressive". 

Or do I use the normal toggle tab to toggle the consensual animations and then use the aggressive tab to toggle the non-consensual? 

Finally, do I have to toggle animations for them to be used by mods like Pillory animations that I register for them to be used by mods, or is having them registered enough?  My issue there is that I only want those types of animations "Bound", "pillory", "necro" to play when appropriate through Defeat or Zaz calling them.

Hopefully I'm getting the questions across.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

When you register animations with Sexlab and want to toggle them, what is the significance of the tags vs. toggling them in the plain toggle vs. aggressive toggle menu?

The Toggle Animations tab is king. Every animation has a flag to toggle it on and off, and this is what this tab manipulates. An animation that is disabled here cannot be used in any context, even if it's enabled in the Aggressive or Foreplay tabs.

The Aggressive tab works differently; it adds/removes the Aggressive tag in the animation, to control whether it can be used in non-consensual scenes.

My situation is I would like to have a set of animations that play for consensual sex, a set of animations for non-consensual, and finally a set called by mods like Defeat for Bondage/Etc based on the tags.  I can't seem to get it to work.

By default, Defeat selects animations from the Aggressive list. If you want Defeat to use different animations than other non-consensual mods, you need a way to differentiate them,.

Finally, do I have to toggle animations for them to be used by mods like Pillory animations that I register for them to be used by mods, or is having them registered enough?  My issue there is that I only want those types of animations "Bound", "pillory", "necro" to play when appropriate through Defeat or Zaz calling them.

If you only want Zaz animations to be used when appropriate, then don't register the animations with SexLab at all.  Zaz doesn't need its animations to be SexLab-registered, it has its own system for building animations and passing them onto the framework.

All you're doing by registering the Zaz animations is letting not-Zaz-related SexLab mods have access to them, which sounds like the exact opposite of what you want to do.

The Toggle Animations tab is king. Every animation has a flag to toggle it on and off, and this is what this tab manipulates. An animation that is disabled here cannot be used in any context, even if it's enabled in the Aggressive or Foreplay tabs.

The Aggressive tab works differently; it adds/removes the Aggressive tag in the animation, to control whether it can be used in non-consensual scenes.

By default, Defeat selects animations from the Aggressive list. If you want Defeat to use different animations than other non-consensual mods, you need a way to differentiate them,.

If you only want Zaz animations to be used when appropriate, then don't register the animations with SexLab at all.  Zaz doesn't need its animations to be SexLab-registered, it has its own system for building animations and passing them onto the framework.

All you're doing by registering the Zaz animations is letting not-Zaz-related SexLab mods have access to them, which sounds like the exact opposite of what you want to do.

Wow, I was losing hope that I would get a response at all, let alone one as good and comprehensive as this.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, you really helped me better understand the animation options!

• 1 year later...

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!! I couldn't for the life of me figure out why everything except the foreplay animations worked. I've spent days scouring the internet for the answer and thanks to you, here it is. Xyndra, Bishop and I all thank you! ^_^