Children Overhaul - Xvision Children

Ok, sorry for the double post, but I need to find help for this, since it's really starting to piss me off.

Seems like this one mod is the one causing conflicts with everything else. It even causes conflicts with that Reimu race test I did a while ago.

If I disable this, both the Reimu race and the Ygnord go back to normal. Thing is, here I used the same method to give a custom Naked armature to races I've always used. What's the "proper" way to do it? It seems this is failing hard and I can't find a way to fix it.

EDIT: Fixed it somewhat, but the playable version will still conflict, have that in mind. Read the OP for more info, the link is there too.

roy12, do you know how to fix the grey faces on custom npcs due to something with the interpolation. Apparently, ctrl+f4 is not good enough because the Creation Kit cannot handle large face textures and, for vanilla races. Moving these textures, editing and saving the custom npc, then returning the textures files fixes the issue (says my friend). But files are pathed weird for custom npcs and I haven't tried any of this. Can you give it to me straight?

Also, does anyone want to work on a base for a young teen, child, loli companion? So many people would kill just for a base format so they can edit the face, race and what not. Bethesda did not want children to be fighting or being followers for that matter and completely removed the format for this. Maybe we can get voices from fallout 3 (especially if anyone remembers angel mod) and fallout new vegas. I do have access to these games. Maybe we can get a voice actor or something. The Creation Kit can apparently generate .lip files. Maybe we can beg triratna to get into this because of her in depth experience in previous games. This just looks like a fun and useful project to do over the summer. It's really cool to see how much Skyrim has been modded. These race mods are just getting better and better.

roy12' date=' do you know how to fix the grey faces on custom npcs due to something with the interpolation. Apparently, ctrl+f4 is not good enough because the Creation Kit cannot handle large face textures and, for vanilla races. Moving these textures, editing and saving the custom npc, then returning the textures files fixes the issue (says my friend). But files are pathed weird for custom npcs and I haven't tried any of this. Can you give it to me straight?

[/quote']

The only way I know is ctrl+f4. It worked so far with this mod, but I do get what you mean by it not supporting large resolutions (the texture output by the facegen exporter is 256*256, for god's sake...).

I don't know of any way to make it export larger resolution facegen textures. Maybe if you create a larger resolution texture in photoshop, and save it in the same format facegen textures are, it could work. It did work for me for a companion I did which was having a glitch with one tintmask, because the CK seems to be too retarded to take it correctly. Of course I didn't use any other resolution, so you're on your own on that one.

Actually, I was editing npcs and haven't made my own custom npc. Hmmm . . .

I really don't understand how this whole thing works. This makes me miss the geck and construction kit from before and how this never happened.

EDIT: This seems to be incompatible with the Ygnord race. I don't use that race' date=' so I'm probably not fixing this, sorry.

EDIT2: It seems the incompatibility was not specific to the Ygnord race. I had another race which was conflicting with this too. The only way to fix it was to make children use the same armature they did before, so they will have a different base body mesh, but they won't be able to wear something else than their own clothes (armatures set to only the children races). Currently there's a temporal fix until I actually figure out how to make them wear armor (including custom ones) without causing conflicts. The playable version of the mod will still cause conflicts with most custom races, so be aware. I need help to fix it since I have no idea of why it's happening so I have no idea of how to fix it, so if you have any idea, please contact me in this topic or by pm.

[/quote']

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

First Of all I would really like to thank you for this mod! Now there is so much variation in children and they no longer look as if they are inbreed and/or came from the same mother and father... I've taken it upon myself to create a fix for the children growing when they sit on certain furniture as well as when they use the cooking spits. All children can now use all furniture, this also includes thrones... For those with Hearthfire that have adopted children they can now use any bed and any piece of furniture. Most importantly they no longer scale up. 1.8 update is required. I've also incorporated a fix that no longer forces you into a locked camera mode when using thrones. So if anyone has a mod that already does this, keep that in mind. I've got this loaded last in my load order and have not had any problems. I also have a bunch of modifications to default homes.

Please feel free to let me know if any problems arise. I'm very open to any "Constructive" criticism. Thanks again roy12 for this awesome mod! :)

post-112539-13597881181654_thumb.jpg

post-112539-13597881182322_thumb.jpg

BTW this mod also works just fine with this populated cities mod.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9201

Even the kids added from this mod take on the appearance of your child mod. Of course with xvision being loaded after populated cities...

amazing all kids in skyrim looks beautiful can i make this mod work with some clothing mods for children im using elaborate textile mod and really likes children clothes in that

Given the fact that elaborate textile is a re-placer it should work just fine. Shouldn't have any problems I don't think.

• 1 month later...

That face mod was too childish looking for me. Whoever had the wild idea to use on actual children:P

But seriously. For a place full of pale racist Nords' date=' there sure are a lot of children that look like Imperials or Redguards.

[/quote']

the same thing happened in europe durring WW2 with all the hitlerites going around killing jews, but amazingly had half jewish kids themselves.... or other racial traits.... odd how that works isnt it.

specially for the so called 'perfect' race garbage that was being (still is in some groups) touted around etc.

:P

• 3 weeks later...

This mod is great, it's nice to see kids that don't look so generic you can't tell them apart.  One small question: since there are some new kids (well, at least one new kid, in the Skaal village) added with the Dragonborn DLC, will there be a compatibility patch for it, like there is for Hearthfire?

XVC works with Dragonborn; the only issue left to be done with is to give her a cosmetic makeover. Otherwise someone released a bugfix to deal with Aeta's (yeah, the girl in the Skaal village) clothing bug, but he said it's up to Bagserk to make a Dragonborn compatibility patch.

XVC works with Dragonborn; the only issue left to be done with is to give her a cosmetic makeover. Otherwise someone released a bugfix to deal with Aeta's (yeah, the girl in the Skaal village) clothing bug, but he said it's up to Bagserk to make a Dragonborn compatibility patch.

I don't have Dragonborn.

That would be appreciated. I've noticed some bugs, such as diferent skincolors for the face and body, the girl found in Whiterun have a brown body with a white face

That shouldn't happen, you have a conflict.

Loaded this up, children look great but i have a little bug. Lip movement is random, sometimes there lips move sometime they don't. Today i was in Riverwood and the boys lips worked fine but the girls didn't move when she spoke. Any idea what would cause that ?

Don't use this with anything else that modifies children races, including killable children mods...

Ok got it working now. It was second last in the load order and it was the last one it was conflicting with. Just swaped them around and alls good.

It also has a little conflict with Populated Cities 2 were it gives the children adult faces, if you ever feel like doing some de-bugging. :)

I don't have Dragonborn.

That would be appreciated. I've noticed some bugs, such as diferent skincolors for the face and body, the girl found in Whiterun have a brown body with a white face

That shouldn't happen, you have a conflict.

Well, i dunno, Xvision Children is the only mod I have installed that directly affects children to my knowledge. It might be some of the texture improvements i've added to the the vanilla races. But so far this little glitch is just apparent in one kid in whiterun, and possibly one of the jarls kids, his hair floats a bit above his head.