Troubleshooting some odd behaviour/CTD at start of SexLab scenes.

Hi, I am wondering whether someone who are more knowledgeable could offer any input on some oddness I am observing.

I am moving this here, since it's more related to the SexLab framework.

I messed up a little as a forum newb, and this is a duplicate topic from a removed post now.

I would like to thank @27X and @D_ManXX2 for their responses there! (sorry, I appreciate you taking the time and noted your suggestions).

This is perhaps asking too much about everything, and nothing, I'll try condense it down.

The game seems *mostly* stable with exception of the issues/odd behaviours below.

So I'm perhaps mainly hoping someone is able to spot a conflicting mod right off the bat, or have any useful input.

Meanwhile, I'll keep reading on my own, and hitting the various threads for the different mods I suspect playing in.

Issues/weirdness I am experiencing, and some info that may (or may not) be useful:

• CTD at the start of sexlab scenes. Frequently, but not consistently. This is the main problem I'm trying to get to the root of. The papyrus log always seems to stop at race/gender specific adjustments after a CTD. I also see Visual C++ crashes yesterday in the same situation. Undress, freeze, force close. There's a Visual C++ crash popup hiding behind my frozen black Skyrim.
  • Serialstrip seems to only rarely work. It does not seem to work at all in normal sexlab scenes, but I have seen it do its thing in certain mod specific scenes. It registers in MCM, and I have tried both enabling/disabling the stripping in SexLab MCM, and "reset strip overrides", but characters just kinda stand inside eachother and pull an invisible shirt over their head before the scene. (edit: likely to be the cause of some of what I was seeing - I forgot the "serialstripper" plugin... DERP but I will probably remove this altogether as it seems to be pushing it over the edge sometimes and is a soft dependency).
  • Estrus outputs a LOT of errors to the papyrus log, I know it's notorious and I see it all over when searching for info. Also, breasts scale, but belly ...varying results. I however never had much issues with the game during Estrus scenes, otherwise.
  • Eat-sleep-drink-bathe status effect for sleep will sometimes vanish. Specifially that one effect. Makes me wonder if there's a conflicting script. I really like the immersion this type of mod adds, but perhaps I should try another, like realistic needs and diseases? I'm not sure whether this mod is buggy, or if there's scripts conflicting. I suspect the latter, since it's worked fine in other installs. But I could be wrong.
  • Animation offsets are occasionally off, like way off. Sometimes characters are facing the wrong way as well. Haven't seen this issue before. Still puzzling me as to what might be the cause.

Various things I have done so far:

• Started from a clean slate, wiped, CCleaned, fresh install.
  • Reading about TES5Edit, cleaning plugins according to instructions, and looked for conflicts. I can only see conflicts from world modifications, mods that replace armours, and overwrite others etc, which I expect. But there's no underlined red stuff in there, that I can see.
  • Altered some .ini files after suggestions found in other threads, to improve Havok and Papyrus (still need to look more into that, but lack good understanding of the various edits yet. They did however improve the HDT stretching issue).
  • LOOT (obviously). Previously LOOT has been amazing, and just done its thing, and sorted everything for me. However with this somewhat more ambitious install, I had to go in there manually and override things, as it started putting patches above the .esp it's patching, and failing at other plugins with specific requirements. I suspect specifically "real shelter" playing part, as it does some funky patching a-la-wrye bash. So mentioning that, just in case it could be useful for someone else knowing there are definitely ways to confuse it, so double check.
  • Wrye bash. Read a lot about it, so I gave it a shot. It doesn't seem to have made any difference, so I just disabled the patch and re-enabled the plugins (Funky little program though. Might come in handy later).
  • Starting new game with different load order. Very time consuming to set up all the MCM every time, but I have been patiently doing this over and over, for weeks. The game seems to run stable now, I managed to iron out most of that now (I think). I am still going over the MCM regularly, as there's quite a bit in there, and also some redundancy between some mods.
  • Reading every post, in every thread ever. It's obviously impossible to actually do that, especially seeing as how long my mod list is getting, but I have damn well tried. I wanted to make a real effort myself, before starting to ask others. So please don't shoot me in the knee with an arrow - I have more adventuring to do yet =)

If you have comments or suggestions - I am still fairly new to Skyrim modding, and it's quite a bit heavier than what I been getting into before in that regard. I have been lurking a while, and reading a lot in the forums to learn. I very much appreciate thoughts and suggestions, especially with a brief explanation for the reasoning behind it as there's a lot of ground to cover.

That often provides, or directs me to, a lot of valuable information at this point!

Thanks again, if you are STILL reading all the way down here =)

(My attached files vanished when moving the post, I'll put mods/load order here now, and add papyrus log after next CTD)LoadOrder_Skyrim_2016-05-07T02-28-25.txt

Here's a fix for the VC++ crashes, don't know about other issues: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60287-instructions-for-fixing-pure-virtual-function-call-crash/

Some people increase their "fUpdateBudgetMS" setting in Skyrim.ini to improve speed of papyrus at the cost of FPS, you could try it:

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2
1.2 is default, try putting like 2.5 for both

Might help with the alignment issues especially.

Here's a fix for the VC++ crashes, don't know about other issues: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60287-instructions-for-fixing-pure-virtual-function-call-crash/

Some people increase their "fUpdateBudgetMS" setting in Skyrim.ini to improve speed of papyrus at the cost of FPS, you could try it:

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2
1.2 is default, try putting like 2.5 for both

Might help with the alignment issues especially.

I have already been tinkering a bit to make this heap of stuff run better, but I am going to check my .ini and compare it to your recommendations.

I very much appreciate you including the reasoning behind your suggestion =)

Meanwhile I actually found what is very likely the cause of some of what I have been seing. After reading my own list, I checked up on serialstrip, and hurr durr, in the process of installing all these mods I forgot the "serialstripper" plugin. *facepalm*

I'm making a mental note to create a list for myself, the next time I am hunting for problems with this many files involved, as it actually turned out to be quite useful.

Anyway, now I am testing how that has affected things =)

Thanks a lot! I will look into your suggestions right away!

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS = 800.0 ;this one is apparently ok to raise like this and seems to make the scripts work better for me

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS = 1.2 ;i hear this ones best left at default

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes = 76800 ;is default but raising it to 115200 or 153600 sometimes will kick in some of the skse plugins for me.

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS = 800.0 ;this one is apparently ok to raise like this and seems to make the scripts work better for me

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes = 76800 ;is default but raising it to 115200 or 153600 sometimes will kick in some of the skse plugins for me.

This is bad advice, don't listen.

[Papyrus]

This is bad advice, don't listen.

there was a post that suggested the fUpdateBudgetMS would never use the 800 and automatically stops unless a really bad script uses all of it.

It would only use if a script needs it, but if a script does need it your FPS will drop to 1, especially during combat you would often have at least 50% less FPS. Could also cause lag spikes on changing cells and game would get very choppy at times. I don't see an upside to this. Increasing the value a little bit is fine (by 1 or 2, not 800!) especially if you have constant high FPS and very script heavy mod setup, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

Archived