On a side note, i have Crash Fixes reporting to my MO overwrite Folder, i was wondering if it's possible to reference the "exception Address" in this tool, Skyrim Tools, to see where the hell the problem is. Crash fix thread seems to have lost the author.

Can't use that offsite place as it requires a *.dmp file. Been having constant CTD's in Windhelm and have gone through TesEdit to find conflict as best i can, but can't see anything.

This exception address is a constant pain  (exception address 0x65DF21)

I know it says incompatible with Skyrim Special Edition-- but does that mean Restringer won't work anymore if we want to reduce a mod's string count?

Scripts that work with Skyrim Legendary should still be readable by ReStringer. Scripts that use any new Papyrus features (and I don't know yet if there are any) would not work. I'm focused more on getting savegames to read in ReSaver, so I haven't looked at the script format yet. And I'm in the middle of a separation and trying to make enough money to afford to live, so progress is not fast.

Three notes:

• ReStringer doesn't look at ESPs at all. So the new ESP format is a non-issue.
  • ReStringer has no support yet for the new archive format, so the scripts would have to be loose.
  • I've heard that Skyrim SE no longer has the string table bug (neither does the latest version FO4).

Anyway, feel free to try it out. ReStringer doesn't give a shit what game a mod is for. As long as the mod is in its own directory and the scripts have the PEX extension, it will try to read them and patch them. If you try, please let me know how it works!

On a side note, i have Crash Fixes reporting to my MO overwrite Folder, i was wondering if it's possible to reference the "exception Address" in this tool, Skyrim Tools, to see where the hell the problem is. Crash fix thread seems to have lost the author.

Can't use that offsite place as it requires a *.dmp file. Been having constant CTD's in Windhelm and have gone through TesEdit to find conflict as best i can, but can't see anything.

This exception address is a constant pain  (exception address 0x65DF21)

The address provided by the exception has nothing to do with the savegame -- it's an address in memory. It's useful if you're debugging Skyrim itself, and is not at all useful if you're editing a savegame.

Hi markdf,

I cannot find the last version from 2016-11-12 in download section.

I don't know if it's normal (upload in progress) or not.

Regards,

I attempted to upload it a couple of times already, but I guess it still failed. I just tried again, hopefully the file is available now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First of all, thanks for your job, it is very very useful :-)

However, I am looking for the latest version of Resaver for Sykrim normal edtion, which I assume is "2016-11-12" ; but Imust be blind because I don’t find it in the download section ?!

Anyone can help me ?

Have a nice day :-)

There is no separate version for Skyrim Legendary. It supports both versions of Skyrim (and Fallout 4 soon) at the same time. Hell, with a bit of tweaking it could convert saves from one game to the other, although it's unlikely they would function correctly.

First of all, thanks for your job, it is very very useful :-)

However, I am looking for the latest version of Resaver for Sykrim normal edtion, which I assume is "2016-11-12" ; but Imust be blind because I don’t find it in the download section ?!

Anyone can help me ?

Have a nice day :-)

There is no separate version for Skyrim Legendary. It supports both versions of Skyrim (and Fallout 4 soon) at the same time. Hell, with a bit of tweaking it could convert saves from one game to the other, although it's unlikely they would function correctly.

Ok, nice ! thanks for the answer :-)

• 2 months later...

Hello,

So I just updated ReSaver from my last version (June 2016) to the latest one. Thank you very much for the new version! I usually only need ReSaver to check that my savegame is still healthy (I don't alter the load order during a game), but I'm always glad it's there and that it allows me to load saves that have exceeded the string count limit (which I found happens quite easily when installing a few big quest mods together... SD+, CD, TiR, plus maybe 3DNPC and some more Nexus mods and you're already there).

BTW -- still using your SL 1.62 strings patch. I know it's probably not really needed thanks to Crash Fixes and ReSaver, but it's been in my load order for a few months and I haven't encountered any issues that I didn't also see before installing it. So it has stayed in place.

Hello,

So I just updated ReSaver from my last version (June 2016) to the latest one. Thank you very much for the new version! I usually only need ReSaver to check that my savegame is still healthy (I don't alter the load order during a game), but I'm always glad it's there and that it allows me to load saves that have exceeded the string count limit (which I found happens quite easily when installing a few big quest mods together... SD+, CD, TiR, plus maybe 3DNPC and some more Nexus mods and you're already there).

BTW -- still using your SL 1.62 strings patch. I know it's probably not really needed thanks to Crash Fixes and ReSaver, but it's been in my load order for a few months and I haven't encountered any issues that I didn't also see before installing it. So it has stayed in place.

I'm glad it's working so well for you!

Hey man, found your program after save tool crashed when opening my saves. I ran into two problems; when I try to open my latest save I get an "illegal capacity: 1695743998" error, and when I try to open a new game save I get an "activescript data process 1/3" error. save tool was able to open my new game saves, I have Resaver running as admin and I have crash fixes v12. thanks in advance for making this tool by the way.

edit. by some magic save tool will now open my latest saves without crashing no idea what  happened still getting the same error from resaver

Hey man, found your program after save tool crashed when opening my saves. I ran into two problems; when I try to open my latest save I get an "illegal capacity: 1695743998" error, and when I try to open a new game save I get an "activescript data process 1/3" error. save tool was able to open my new game saves, I have Resaver running as admin and I have crash fixes v12. thanks in advance for making this tool by the way.

Version 2.9.1 had a bug in Skyrim savefile parsing. Try 2.9.2 and see how it works for you.

Version 2.9.1 had a bug in Skyrim savefile parsing. Try 2.9.2 and see how it works for you.

that did it thank you for the speedy reply 7uFdGdA.jpg

Random question : has that string amount limit been lifted in SSE ?  Or do we still need a "Crash fixes" ?

Skyrim SSE uses 32 bit string indices. Older versions of Fallout 4 still used 16 bit string indices, but FO4 switched to 32 bit string indices sometime before Skyrim SSE came out.

Hey. An error occurs when deleting the scripts.
It appears if you do a clean-up in locations with Russian encoding.

Here's the log and save (Location - prison from mod Alternate Start - live Another Life). Thank you.

Reading from savegame file "D:\Game\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Mod Organizer\ModOrganizer\profiles\Test_1\saves\          3309 - Eva                      00.53.53.ess".
Updating filters.
Creating filters.
Updating filter.
Filter updated, took 1,8 ms.
Reading savegame.
Detected a new character encoding: UTF-8.
Detected a new character encoding: windows-1251.
Detected a new character encoding: x-MacCyrillic.
Detected a new character encoding: ISO-8859-8.
Detected a new character encoding: windows-1255.
Detected a new character encoding: ISO-8859-7.
Savegame read: 13,6 mb in 938,0 ms.
================
Initializing treeview.
Updating filters.
Creating filters.
Updating filter.
Filter updated, took 1,8 ms.
Classifying strings took 24,8 ms.
Classifying instances took 490,0 ms.
Making activeescript nodes took 1,6 ms.
Making function message nodes took 3,0 ms.
Making suspended stack nodes took 547,2 us.
Classifying changeforms took 73,0 ms.
Making queued unbind nodes took 320 ns.
Making toplevel folder nodes took 17,9 ms.
Sorting took 292,0 ms.
Making the model 51,3 us.
Treeview initialized, took 1,8 ms.
Cleaning unattached instances.
Removed 441 orphaned script instances.
Error cleaning unattached scripts.
java.lang.NullPointerException: The filter field must not be null.

1.rar

• 1 month later...

Hey, using latest version 2.9.4 b78 .... from Mod Organizer (for skyrim) ... and getting Null pointer exception when trying to clean savegame

Here is a part of the log

Reading savegame.

Detected a new character encoding: windows-1252.
Savegame read: 19.2 mb in 995.6 ms.
================
Initializing treeview.
Updating filters.
Creating filters.
Updating filter.
Filter updated, took 1.6 ms.
Classifying strings took 19.6 ms.
Classifying instances took 357.9 ms.
Making activeescript nodes took 2.9 ms.
Making function message nodes took 5.1 ms.
Making suspended stack nodes took 1.2 ms.
Classifying changeforms took 318.3 ms.
Making queued unbind nodes took 4.5 us.
Making toplevel folder nodes took 9.5 ms.
Sorting took 263.3 ms.
Making the model 43.4 us.
Treeview initialized, took 1.6 ms.
Removed 166 orphaned script instances.
Cleaning undefined elements.
Removed 103 undefined elements.
Error cleaning undefined elements.

UPDATE

Entering .* in the regular expression field seems to prevent this exception 

Hey, using latest version 2.9.4 b78 .... from Mod Organizer (for skyrim) ... and getting Null pointer exception when trying to clean savegame

Here is a part of the log

Reading savegame.

Detected a new character encoding: windows-1252.

Savegame read: 19.2 mb in 995.6 ms.

================

Initializing treeview.

Updating filters.

Creating filters.

Updating filter.

Filter updated, took 1.6 ms.

Classifying strings took 19.6 ms.

Classifying instances took 357.9 ms.

Making activeescript nodes took 2.9 ms.

Making function message nodes took 5.1 ms.

Making suspended stack nodes took 1.2 ms.

Classifying changeforms took 318.3 ms.

Making queued unbind nodes took 4.5 us.

Making toplevel folder nodes took 9.5 ms.

Sorting took 263.3 ms.

Making the model 43.4 us.

Treeview initialized, took 1.6 ms.

Removed 166 orphaned script instances.

Cleaning undefined elements.

Removed 103 undefined elements.

Error cleaning undefined elements.

UPDATE

Could you please send me a copy of the savefile to examine?

UPDATE

Could you please send me a copy of the savefile to examine?

Attached the ess and skse files in a private message ... hope it helps you improve your amazing tools ...