2 hours ago, Xolod said:
7 hours ago, OrrieL said:

and possibly gravity-factor

Setting this to 0 on ALL bones seems to fix the issue, but not sure if this is the right way to do it tho, i would also like to know more about constraint groups, never used them and no idea how to use them :sweat_smile: tho i do think i have seen this mentioned somewhere before too.
As i said, im a total noob with this stuff still.

Gravity-factor 0 is default, normal gravity, value of 1.0 is no gravity (like in a space). I agree that this should not be used regularly, rather tweak other values like mass, innertia, but using gravity-factor could produce some interesting effects (though probably not very realistic).

If a constraint is not a member of a group then solver processes it independently of other constraints, if such constraints are chained (a lot of chain members) then it could produce incorrect results (like stretching, twisting). If you group them together then you are telling the solver to process them differently producing more accurate result (can be more refined by group itterations and groupMLCP - different solver, in the config at the cost of additional overhead).

Just see the picture from my previous post, that is a great example of when to use it (high number of chained constraints, like 4+)

9 hours ago, OrrieL said:

Gravity-factor 0 is default, normal gravity, value of 1.0 is no gravity (like in a space). I agree that this should not be used regularly, rather tweak other values like mass, innertia, but using gravity-factor could produce some interesting effects (though probably not very realistic).

I think its actually 1 as default, 0 just ignores mass (and inertia? didnt try changing it) 
also having it as 1 looks more like how it is without it being defined in the xml.

9 hours ago, OrrieL said:

If a constraint is not a member of a group then solver processes it independently of other constraints, if such constraints are chained (a lot of chain members) then it could produce incorrect results (like stretching, twisting). If you group them together then you are telling the solver to process them differently producing more accurate result (can be more refined by group itterations and groupMLCP - different solver, in the config at the cost of additional overhead).

Just see the picture from my previous post, that is a great example of when to use it (high number of chained constraints, like 4+)

I added the Bones to a constraint-group for a test, didnt really see a any kind of difference so i think its not that, if i did it right that is.

Spoiler

<constraint-group>
    <generic-constraint bodyA="L Breast01" bodyB="L Breast00"/>
    <generic-constraint bodyA="L Breast02" bodyB="L Breast01"/>
    <generic-constraint bodyA="L Breast03" bodyB="L Breast02"/>
</constraint-group>

I think this comes down to something really stupid im missing, you can get rid of some of the jittering with like below 1 mass and high inertia, something crazy like 0,1-0,05 mass and 20+ xyz inertia, but its still there, just not as crazy and i think this isnt the right way to fix it, maybe...? Would prolly need to play with some bone weighting too to see if that is something that can get rid of it, tho that shit is pure hell with Outfit Studio and i usually just end up fucking up :D

1 hour ago, Xolod said:

I think this comes down to something really stupid im missing, you can get rid of some of the jittering with like below 1 mass and high inertia, something crazy like 0,1-0,05 mass and 20+ xyz inertia, but its still there, just not as crazy and i think this isnt the right way to fix it, maybe...? Would prolly need to play with some bone weighting too to see if that is something that can get rid of it, tho that shit is pure hell with Outfit Studio and i usually just end up fucking up :D

Just remove the gravity-factor if it causes the behavior you do not like.

Rigging is irrelevant during physics calculations, it has a meaning during collision calculations though.

8 minutes ago, OrrieL said:

Just remove the gravity-factor if it causes the behavior you do not like.

Rigging is irrelevant during physics calculations, it has a meaning during collision calculations though.

Alright, thanks for answering my questions :D I think for the next part i will just play with some constraints to see if it helps.

• 8 months later...

Daughters of Dimitrescu Outfit - CBBE 1.0.0

This mod here had downloaded and I'm looking for SMP-HDT, can't find it except for SSE. Either way, I'm already using XP32 latest version, and the skirt effect isn't working. Is this mod using much older coding or ... idk, but it's not working and its a shame because I've been looking something like this for a while. Thank you in advance

maybe I had mistakingly install both non and HDT and that's why it's not working? hmm

UPDATE: I downloaded the orginal as I saw it's a conversion, and then reinstalled the NIND. see if this works now

Edited by Caideus
  • 4 months later...
On 1/11/2017 at 12:00 AM, polonius said:

That did the trick thank you. I shouldn't have any older SMP DLLs since I've never tried it before should I?

Here's the files replaced with "."s along with your tweaks for U.S. users and others that use that standard. To clarify, overwrite your \hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs files with these if you'd write (more importantly your PC) "0.05%", do not if you would write "0,05%". Maybe it'll save someone some time and my New Year's resolution was to stop leeching LL and contribute something.

I had no idea you could have localization issues with code. Thanks for your work on this, I laughed when my toon crossed her arms and her breasts squished.

hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs-US.7z 5.54 kB · 554 downloads

Hi :)

Do you have for Smurf sos but for LE