Can someone help me figure out why my standalone outfit is invisible in-game?

Hey there, so, I recently made a post about this issue I've been running into trying to get my port of Tracer's outfit from Overwatch into Fallout 4 as a standalone outfit for the CBBE body. I've had someone testing my mod to report on any issues, and so far we've been steadily fixing all of the issues that have come up, but despite all of that, my outfit still shows up as invisible when it's equipped for some reason.

The outfit is fully rigged and is working properly. It shows up just fine in Nifskope and in the Creation Kit, and there's no issues seeing any of the pieces in both programs. However in Fallout 4 itself the outfit meshes are still invisible when my tester equips them, and aside from that the hair also does not show up.

Here are quotes of the testing results I've already done with the help of my tester.

Test 1: Failed. Completely nude when entire set is worn. Hair not tested. Standby for test two. Second test will use NMM instead of manual.

Test 2: Failed. Same as above. I believe the mod is not reading the BA2 file. The game reconizes that the items exist cause of the form id's and weight. those are esp dependant. the files in the BA2, that allow the items to ACTULLY EXIST cannot be accessed, resulting in invisible content. Assumed hair will suffer the same results. results will show in test 3

Test 3: Failed: Hair tested, suffers the same as above. suspected failure in the BA2 File (not connected to the .esp or unable to read).

Bugs found in the testing: 1

Bug 1: when equiping the complete set, when tracers sneakers are equiped AFTER the leggings, the leggings will unequip. Equiping the Sneakers BEFORE the leggings will allow all items to be equiped properly.

Final Results: Possible BA2 file malfunction and sneakers/leggings equip bug.

DEBUG Results: Used Archive Extracter on the BA2 file. only textures exist. Meshes and materials folders do not exist.

New Results. Missing files in BA2 file

And this is the last message I have from my tester about the issue.

Bust. still nude when all equipped, also hair is still missing. Only thing i see missing in the BA2 files is the materials folder, other than that, i have no clue what the problem could be now.

If you want to help me out, here's a link to my archive containing the mesh and texture data and the .esp I've made. I don't know what the issue is and I really need some help figuring this problem out.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1CHDAQZGElvc2tXcnZIZUZLWDA

• Filenames. The ba2 archives must be "<ModName> - <type identifier>.ba2". Using "<esp name>.ba2" won't work.
  • You have no material files in the archives.
  • Nor do you have any references for them in the nifs. (I can only assume you didn't make any material files, which will be a problem if #1 didn't stop you dead.)
  • Then In your ESP:
    • Gloves ARMO references hands 42/43 biped, but the ARMA references 37/38 U left/right arm
    • --This MUST be set for 34/35 L/R Hand to work
    • Sneakers ARMO 39/40 U l/r leg, ARMA 44/45 A l/r leg
    • Time Harness ARMO 41 A torso, ARMA 36 U torso

If you want to be able to wear the leggings and the shoes at the same time then set one to use only 1 biped (such as 39) and the other to use another (like 40).

Using all (U) under armor biped slots for your gear will allow equipping normal armor like robot, metal, combat or what not. If you don't care or deliberately want to disallow that you can use those bipeds like you originally had marked them.

I've fixed most of the problem and added a "test" outfit to use all the parts at once. You'll still need a base body that matches the armor or it'll look really messed up and clip horribly. If you plan to release it either release it with BodySlide files or build it with a body and make it a single equippable piece with biped 33 to replace the body.

Here's a screenshot in game with bad clipping.

post-516911-0-75335600-1462188653_thumb.png

TracerOutfitCBBETest Fixed.rar

Oh, alright then, cheers :)

And it's okay about the clipping, It's meant for the CBBE Curvy Bodyshape, and once I release it I'll make sure to make Bodyslide files for it.

When I was assigning the bodyslots I was trying to make sure only the leggings were underarmor, while the jacket, shoes and gloves were all armor pieces. I admit, I'm kind of new to how Fallout 4 organizes bodyslots though.

Seriously, though. Thanks for the assistance :)

I'll make sure to credit you when I release it.

Oh, alright then, cheers :)

And it's okay about the clipping, It's meant for the CBBE Curvy Bodyshape, and once I release it I'll make sure to make Bodyslide files for it.

When I was assigning the bodyslots I was trying to make sure only the leggings were underarmor, while the jacket, shoes and gloves were all armor pieces. I admit, I'm kind of new to how Fallout 4 organizes bodyslots though.

Seriously, though. Thanks for the assistance :)

I'll make sure to credit you when I release it.

It's not really a matter of how it uses them, it's really just for organizational purposes. That way there's a standard that the devs follow. Like everyone working on right arm armor piece will use the biped for that. Otherwise if you don't care about vanilla stuff or compatibility to fellow mods, you can use them all. The problem is you won't be compatible with anyone else if you did that. So it's best to use a few as needed and try to follow some standard. 

This is a quote from the post I saw but I don't remember which one to link it. I pasted this into a text file for reference.

Here's the slot usage standard myself and some Nexus modders have adopted

30 - Hair on top of head/most hats

31 - long hair/flight cap linings/under helmet/hat hoods

32 - FaceGenHead (used if your worried about the face clipping through a full face mask)

33 - Full outfits - Shoes/Boots

34 - Left Hand

35 - Right Hand

36 - Arm Add-on (Bracelets)

37 - Torso Layered Add-on (Jackets)

38 - Separate Tops (for vanilla outfits that need a second slot to show all armatures-Cage/Spike/ChildofAtom)

39 - Leg Add-on (Tights/Stockings/Vanilla outfits that need a third slot to show all armatures-ChildofAtom)

40 - Separate Pants/Shorts/Skirts

41 - Torso armor

42 - Left Arm armor

43 - Right Arm armor

44 - Left Leg armor

45 - Right Leg armor

46 - Masks that cover face/headbands/(hats/helmets/hoods meant to show all hair)

47 - Eyes (Glasses/Eyepatchs)

48 - Beard (surgical mask/lower face masks)

49 - Mouth (surgical mask/lower face masks)(toothpick/cigarette/joint/cigar/blunt/lip rings)

50 - Necklace/Scarfs

51 - Ring

54 - Backpacks/ Capes/ Cloaks

55 - Satchels/ Belts(utility belts/gunbelts/sword belts)/ Gun on Hip

56 - Shoulder Harnesses/Bandoliers

57 - Plate Carrier/Cargo Pack Vests(front and back torso) - Capes/Cloaks(alternate backup slot)

58 - Body Jewelry (piercings)/ Gun on back

61 - Off-Hand Accessories (Sword Sheath/Decorative Gun/SOS if they need a Dong slot)

Okay, so update on my model. When I assigned the materials to my meshes, for some reason they are completely invisible in the Creation Kit with them assigned. They're completely fine when I clear the material path in Nifskope, however one mesh actually crashes the Creation Kit when I try to preview it while the others work as intended.

igDpwv5.png

Okay, so update on my model. When I assigned the materials to my meshes, for some reason they are completely invisible in the Creation Kit with them assigned. They're completely fine when I clear the material path in Nifskope, however one mesh actually crashes the Creation Kit when I try to preview it while the others work as intended.

igDpwv5.png

Are you using the files I posted as a base or did you try to recreate my edits yourself?

I didn't actually try to use the CK since I frankly don't know how.

Archived