.esp's and .esm's disabling?!

This has been plaguing me since the 1.5 update and I'm sure others too. Every time I either change, remove, or install a mod all of my esp's and esm's disable. I have tried the * option with the plugins.txt, uninstalled NMM and all mods along with a fresh install of FO4 and that still hasn't fixed the problem. Just hoping to find a fix for this problem

since you mentioned NMM I'm going to assume that's what you're using for installing the mods, are you launching using the Fallout 4 Script Extender? I can't say about NMM because I use Mod Organizer myself, but with MO and possible when using no mod manager, any time the launcher is run your ESP/Ms will disable themselves.

It is happening to me too.  I just close and reopen NMM when it happens and re-tick all the ESPs/ESMs that got disabled.  Thankfully I only have about a dozen mods right now, or it'd really be a crappy thing going on.  Not sure if it's the FO Launcher or NMM doing it.  

You don't need to enable them one by one. Select one with the mouse and click the green checkbox in the toolbar on the left side. This will show a dialog asking if you want to enable them all. Click Yes and it will enable all of them.

The problem with disabling esp/esm doesn't happen when you start the game from NMM itself.  

The problem with NMM disabling your mods happens whenever a change is made to your load order. It can happen when you install / uninstall a mod or when you manually adjust your load order by moving a plugin up or down in the list. As Prinyo said, you can just click the green checkmark on the left side of the Plugins tab. 

If you have a lot of mods installed, you might want to tell NMM to export your load order to a text file. That way you can just import that file after NMM gleefully unchecks everything. Those buttons are just below the green checkmark.

I started a thread a couple of days ago about this issue on the Nexus bug report forum so hopefully there's a fix in our future. In the meantime, either of the two above mentioned workarounds should do the trick.

Thank you very much everyone! :D I feel relived and dumb at the same time for not realizing that green check mark lol. Been having one of those weeks. I hope they do come out with a fix for this soon. But for now that is so much quicker then ticking 1 at a time or messing with the plugins.txt

Just throwing it out there, if you're willing to move away from NMM, I haven't had this problem with Mod Organizer other than when I use the launcher to tweak my game settings. Could save the hassle of re-enabling them constantly, and you might even find you like MO better. The only real "issue" with the alpha version of MO that supports Fallout 4 is it won't use the inis you can edit from within the program, it always reads the ones in your Documents folder.

You don't need to enable them one by one. Select one with the mouse and click the green checkbox in the toolbar on the left side. This will show a dialog asking if you want to enable them all. Click Yes and it will enable all of them.

The problem with disabling esp/esm doesn't happen when you start the game from NMM itself.  

I probably should have noticed it before, but never paid attention to that toolbar.  Thanks for pointing it out.  :D  (Seriously...No sarcasm)  

Just throwing it out there, if you're willing to move away from NMM, I haven't had this problem with Mod Organizer other than when I use the launcher to tweak my game settings. Could save the hassle of re-enabling them constantly, and you might even find you like MO better. The only real "issue" with the alpha version of MO that supports Fallout 4 is it won't use the inis you can edit from within the program, it always reads the ones in your Documents folder.

I have fought longer and harder with MO then any other mod manager in my life.  I will stick with NMM.  I won't ever fault anyone for using MO, but I just never liked it.

Two things with this, as I noticed a similar issue today.  

1. Nothing gets disabled in NMM (version 0.61.4 is installed IIRC) but when I load a save none of my mods are loaded. 

2. There is now a Mods folder in the Steam/SteamApps/common/Fallout4 folder and a "Mods" option in the main menu that tries to take me to bethesda.net.

I haven't tried using MO with FO4 yet, as it is still in Alpha and I'm waiting for at least the beta release.  Thanks for the location of the plugins.txt file Kargrin, I was trying to find that. 

All my mods are working I don't use NMM never have and been modding Beth games since Oblivion I do it all manually and launch via the script extender series I have read tons of post about mods not working either here or at Nexus all have the same common word NMM.. What I do is add the mods via notepad in the  Plugin.txt and in the DLClist.text make sure to put an * at the beginning of ech file and use f4se as your launching platform here's sample. just ignore the do not modify lines

*# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
*# Please do not modify this file.
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*SettlementKeywords.esm
*Homemaker.esm
*Worsin's Garage.esm
*Centered camera.esp
*Armorsmith Extended.esp
*Armorsmith Automatron.esp
*LegendaryModification.ESP
*LegendaryModificationMisc.esp
*LegendaryModification2LM.esp
*WIPAG - Paint Garage - Full (Easy).esp
*wipag-automatron.esp
*WIPAG - ArmorKeywords Compatibility Patch.esp
*6slots.esp
*CBBE.esp
*OCDecorator.esp
*OCDispenser.esp
*OCDuplicator.esp
*UniquePlayer.esp
*HAAS.esp
*Jetpackring.esp
*LongerStealthboys.esp
*Better Vendor Stalls.esp
*Simple Intersection.esp
*NoObjectLimit.esp
*Fusebox Generator.esp
*Utopia Generator with defense.esp
*LongerPowerLines3x.esp
*TimerPowerSwitch.esp
*WaterAnywhere.esp
*DD_I_Ran_Out_Of_Funny_Names.esp
*Eli_Crafting Shiz 9000.ESP
*Dont Throw Stones.esp
*InsElevator-AllGlass.esp
*NX Pro - Farm Core.esp
*OnlyFemaleSettlersVanilla.esp
*Beautiful Female Enemies.esp
*Beautiful Settlers.esp
*Adorable Companions.esp
*ScrapDeadThings.esp
*BobbleGirl.esp
*slaveCollar.esp
*FreeDaz.esp
*PantyHose.ESP
*JC-Bikini.ESP
*SuitDreams(1.Very Light).esp
*slootyVaultSuit.esp
*DA Micro Bikini.esp
*DA Body Lace black.esp
*DA Lingerie Set & Shoes.esp
*DA Forsworn Armor.esp
*GITS_suit_by_OniNigma.esp
*Deathclaw Hunter Armor.esp
*Deathclaw Hunter - AWKCR Patch.esp
*ModdableBuddy.esp
*DLCTameCreatureFix.esp
*dcc-bp-lol.esp
*rfortaleza.esp
*rfortaleza2.esp
*le666piercings.esp
*OutfitSwitcher.esp
*MiscHairstyle.esp
*KSHairdos.esp
*Buildable_PAFrames.esp
*Wall Oil Lamps.esp
*MkVIIMacTurret.esp
*SettleObjExpandPack.esp
*SettleObjExpandPack-HomemakerKeyPatch.esp
*WastelandWorkshopPatch.esp
*Waterworld - Very Translucent.esp

Also make sure these lines are in your Fallout.ini file

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

And same place will be..

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

I t hope this helps you all out there until there is a NMM update and fix..

And this is why I stick to NMM.  

Added some more mods just now.  Closed and reopened NMM.  Got notified of an update.  

Version 0.61.21

Bugfix: Fixed Fallout 4 1.5 issue that could cause plugins to become disabled when changing a plugin load order.

Archived