Papyrus Profiling Tools

You may have already noticed, there are some papyrus profiling tools in the Tools folder. I suggest that you take a look at them, they are really nicely done, easy to use and provide useful information. First you have to switch on profiling for a specific script, then some profiling log files are produced which you can open with the tool from the tool folder.

Is there a new brain behind Papyrus? It feels so different, so improved, like someone actual competent is involved now.

You may have already noticed, there are some papyrus profiling tools in the Tools folder. I suggest that you take a look at them, they are really nicely done, easy to use and provide useful information. First you have to switch on profiling for a specific script, then some profiling log files are produced which you can open with the tool from the tool folder.

Is there a new brain behind Papyrus? It feels so different, so improved, like someone actual competent is involved now.

This functions were already available for Skyrim.

Useful? YES! I constantly use them to improve the performance of my code based mods (like SSX that is 99% code based.)

New? No.

This functions were already available for Skyrim.

Useful? YES! I constantly use them to improve the performance of my code based mods (like SSX that is 99% code based.)

New? No.

I am talking about the GUI tool for visualizing the log files. I don't know of any profiling GUI for Skyrim. To be sure I just checked again, and there is nothing in the Skyrim directory. When there is one, they have hidden it really good.

I am talking about the GUI tool for visualizing the log files. I don't know of any profiling GUI for Skyrim. To be sure I just checked again, and there is nothing in the Skyrim directory. When there is one, they have hidden it really good.

That is correct.

The "profiling" (check what a script is doing and writing it to a file) was already in Skyrim.

But you had to open the files with your text editor.

Now, a visualization tool, integrated, can be useful. But I have to see what it does more than showing the content of the file.

Keep in mind that I have a bunch of macros I wrote for Notepad++ and Excel just to analyze the result of the profiling.

At least Beth is progressing a little.

(Did you see that now the errors in loading a esm/esp are no more a weird Popup but they are listed in a window too? Way more easy to try to fix stuff.)

Archived