Any means to make NPCs print random dialogues?

megusta

Hello, fellows.

I'd like to know if there are any means to make NPCs (especially followers) print random dialogue when approached (not necessarily interacted).

Like, in vanilla game, Guards often recognize the PC carrying Daedric artifacts and comments about it when PC gets near. Similarly, I want to make NPCs/followers say/comment about something when my PC gets near, without having actual interaction. Any means to do this? Any similar mod already?

Thanks for your time. Have a nice day.

These are implemented in the Misc tab of a quest, in the Creation Kit, the type you want is Hello.

Interesting. Uh, which esp file (that contains a quest, I presume. Not that familiar with CK tool.) should I load and modify for vanila NPCs and followers?

Thanks for your answer.

These are implemented in the Misc tab of a quest, in the Creation Kit, the type you want is Hello.

Interesting. Uh, which esp file (that contains a quest, I presume. Not that familiar with CK tool.) should I load and modify for vanila NPCs and followers?

Thanks for your answer.

Editing an existing quest is probably not a good idea; DialogueGeneric in Skyrim.esm would be your best option but even that quest (the most generic of them all) already has conditions that exclude NPCs that don't have a vanilla voice-type.

Ideally you should create a small mod with its own quest to house this dialogue; that way you have full control over what NPCs can use the lines, without having to worry about overwriting other mods' changes.

Thanks for your answer.

Editing an existing quest is probably not a good idea; DialogueGeneric in Skyrim.esm would be your best option but even that quest (the most generic of them all) already has conditions that exclude NPCs that don't have a vanilla voice-type.

Ideally you should create a small mod with its own quest to house this dialogue; that way you have full control over what NPCs can use the lines, without having to worry about overwriting other mods' changes.

Hmm, guess I'll need to start learning quest-making. Thank you very much.

P.S If there's any tip for a quest-making process I'm all ears.

Given your use case, it's pretty much just load Skyrim.esm in CK, select Character->Quest in the Object window, right-click, New, give it an ID, and add your Misc dialogue as you see fit. You may also want to toggle 'Start Game Enabled' in the Quest Data tab so the quest is active as soon as it's present in the game. Once you're done, just Save and name your .ESP.

Given your use case, it's pretty much just load Skyrim.esm in CK, select Character->Quest in the Object window, right-click, New, give it an ID, and add your Misc dialogue as you see fit. You may also want to toggle 'Start Game Enabled' in the Quest Data tab so the quest is active as soon as it's present in the game. Once you're done, just Save and name your .ESP.

Thank you again and again. Have a nice day sir.

Archived