Weight problems in Outfit Studio

prinyo

I hope somebody can help me with this or point me to a relevant tutorial about how to use the Weight Brush in Outfit Studio.

I'm having one and the same problem in several cases. I managed to successfully refit about 30 vanilla FO4 and various Skyrim outfits to different EVB meshes, but there are several cases where I get the "weight" error.

Here are some of the cases that produce this error.

1. Vanilla "Children of the atom" outfit exported as an .obj file and imported into an EVB mesh. Conformed to sliders and "Copy bone weights" but when trying to export the mesh - an error

post-925979-0-94032500-1460159968_thumb.jpg

(the same error occurs when the material file is assigned and the shape is properly fitted)

However the option "Weight Paint" in the "Tools" stays unselectable.  

2. "3SuitM.nif" in clothes/residents

Exported the jacket and the gloves as .obj files. 

Imported the jacket as a shape into an EVB mesh and everything works perfectly. However ingame NPCs have no hands. So I try to add the gloves. And get the same "Unweighted Vertices" error. The "Weight Paint" brush stays unselectable.

3. EVB has several variations . Any attempt to import any shape into "Male Nude Cut Erect" results in the same "Unweighted Vertices" error. There is no problem with the other meshes.

Thanks!

That warning means that at least one spot is not weighted to any node. Load it up hold down shift and highlight every item in the top right box of outfit and body then go to shape then hit mask weighted vertice. This will make the model black/darker in color what isn't black/darker is the spots that don't have any weighting. Spots that get this problem are spots that are too far away from any nodes so they won't get weighted it happens in Gerra6's mesh rigger as well. Or there are no nodes in that area.

Another way if you can't see a bad spot is to mask weighted vertices then export and hit no this will cause the area that is masked to become white so you will know which piece is bad and then you can start looking for the black bad spot (sometimes really hard to see).

Click a item that has white spots then click bone node tab click each one till you find the one closest to the bad spot and much like how you do to increase/decrease a spot to remove clipping you weight paint that spot. Repeat for each spot then try to export it. If it gives a error export it and then close outfit studio and start it up again load the nif and repeat till all spots are weight painted.

It worked  :D  Thanks!

If somebody else has the same problem, those are the exact steps to fix it:

1. Select the shape with the problem

2. Right click and "Mask Weighted Vertices". This will make everything dark, except for some light spots/zones. Those are the problematic places.

3. Click the "Bones" tab and select one that is close to the problematic (white) places.

4. Start applying and the white will turn to green/blue.

5. When all the white is gone the problem is fixed. :-)

You have to use new project select the body you want to use CBBE HDT or UNP HDT or whatever one you need from the list then hit next then select your nif once this is done then you can then weight paint. If the weight painting doesn't stick when you switch from the node you used for weight painting and switched back.

You can try right clicking the bone node list and selecting add bone go through either upper or lower till you find the node you are trying to weight paint to and click add bone node next go to the newly added one select it and weight paint the spot then export the extra bone node will be removed *do not* remove either one before exporting or weighting will be removed.

I've been doing this exact procedure for hours and its simply not working. In my case its a flight jacket that needs weighting at the back of the fur collar. If if zap the entire jacket, I can export the nif just fine so by doing this I know its only the jacket causing the problem. At this point though I have a fucking headache and all i want to do is have a few drinks. If you can get this to work, please post it here so I can see what you did. I'm  done for the night.

• 5 months later...

I'm having issue with http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17220/? mod's jacket, trying to add it to my custom body.  I made outfit in Bodyslide for my custom body (with physics), copy boneweights in Outfit studio to it (since I have noticed otherwise they seem distorted in chest-area), but in this case some strap coming from this mod's jacket is making me mad. It hangs out a bit from main jacket and in-game it gets distorted/twisted so badly i cant use the jacket. I really dont know what to do, I have tried just to add jacket without copying bone weights, it seems to do the same...Any help? Pic is from mod, not from my char. Just to point out that strap hanging from that jacket (under her left arm) is the main reason i'm walking on walls soon T_T

17220-5-1470661407.jpg

I'm having issue with http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17220/? mod's jacket, trying to add it to my custom body.  I made outfit in Bodyslide for my custom body (with physics), copy boneweights in Outfit studio to it (since I have noticed otherwise they seem distorted in chest-area), but in this case some strap coming from this mod's jacket is making me mad. It hangs out a bit from main jacket and in-game it gets distorted/twisted so badly i cant use the jacket. I really dont know what to do, I have tried just to add jacket without copying bone weights, it seems to do the same...Any help? Pic is from mod, not from my char. Just to point out that strap hanging from that jacket (under her left arm) is the main reason i'm walking on walls soon T_T

17220-5-1470661407.jpg

I haven't tried that outfit (yet?), but I wonder if that strap has skirt physics. I've never been able to combine skirt physics and breast physics in the same NIF.

Does the default version of that outfit before you try to add breast physics have skirt-like movement on the flap?

I haven't tried that outfit (yet?), but I wonder if that strap has skirt physics. I've never been able to combine skirt physics and breast physics in the same NIF.

Does the default version of that outfit before you try to add breast physics have skirt-like movement on the flap?

I wonder if the main reason it acts weird is that i custom build that outfit in Bodyslide FOR my custom body (that has physics), does that add automatically physics into the outfit? Since in other clothing mods if i dont manually add "copy bone weights" in Outfit Studio, shirts and jackets are messed up in game.

I will try not build outfit on my custom body but leave it as default, and just make changes manually in OS then. I hope it helps.

I wonder if the main reason it acts weird is that i custom build that outfit in Bodyslide FOR my custom body (that has physics), does that add automatically physics into the outfit? Since in other clothing mods if i dont manually add "copy bone weights" in Outfit Studio, shirts and jackets are messed up in game.

I will try not build outfit on my custom body but leave it as default, and just make changes manually in OS then. I hope it helps.

Maker of that mod replied that "when you export the nif a window should pop up asking about physics data. check the box that has the file path for the jacket and that should resolve it. the jacket is originally maxson's full coat which is long and has physics so you still need to export it with that data"

It didnt help thought. Earlier strap was poking ahead and scretched, after checking that box for jacket's physics data path the strap was even more distorted and grew large spikes. Really weird.

Earlier when i have made my own outfits (load new project, add reference custom body, and start importing clothing and mixing up, duplicating main body and copying bone weights to shirts/jackets and body, and left that physics file path pop-up box unchecked each time, and my outfits been working fine in-game...all except this mod's jacket with that strap hanging out!

• 2 years later...

Archived