View File

The Business of the Fourth Era
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim mod
Version 1.1

Merchants of Skyrim often prove to be tough negotiators when it comes to prices, so some magical boost to your bartering skills can always come in handy. It is even better when you have he opportunity to steal the appropriate elixir from the very merchant you are about to talk to. For instance Belethor, the infamous shopkeeper of the city of Whiterun, happens to keep a shiny bottle of some very powerful haggling elixir in a shady corner of his shop, where laying hands on it would be a piece of cake, even for the clumsiest thiefs...

Well, sometimes the most unsuspicious-looking potions can make things go wrong...

HOW IT WORKS:

The Elixir of Dibella, which you can shoplift from Belethor, has some detrimental side-effects. It is in fact a poison, which lays the Curse of Dibella upon whoever drinks it. The cursed person is punished with an electric shock for wearing clothing or armor, or even for wielding weapons, as long as his or her arousal level exceeds a certain limit (the difficulty level is configurable via the MCM).

The best you can do seems to be to ask Belethor, the original owner of the potion, if he can offer a cure...

Alas, there is absolutely no way to get rid of the Curse of Dibella once for all. However, there is a rare kind of medicine, called "Dibellan Antidote", which is capable of temporarily suspending the effect of the poison. The Dibellan Antidote potions are not craftable, but, similarly to every other merchant in Skyrim, Belethor is willing to sell you the medicine - for a shamelessly high price. If you cannot afford to pay thousands of gold pieces for once again being able to wear some clothes for a few minutes, there is an alternative, illegal way to get some: you can always bribe merchants (with a mere 100 gold pieces) to give away the whereabouts of their former customers, so that you can loot the medicine from them. This option will launch simple radiant misscellaneous quests (usually involving some dungeon-diving adventure) to obtain the antidote, but don't expect to make a large sum of money by reselling it, because merchants' profit margin is exceptionally high in terms of this particular product.

INSTALLATION:

Copy the contents of the archive into your Skyrim folder (overwriting previous files).

IMPORTANT:

If you install this version over a previous one, and your character is already poisoned, then you must reset the mod
(MCM -> The Business of the Fourth Era -> Debug -> Reset mod)
so that the new version can work properly (you won't have to start over the whole storyline though).

REQUIREMENTS:

SKSE (http://skse.silverlock.org/)
SkyUI (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/?)
SexLab (http://www.loverslab.com/forum/51-downloads-sexlab-framework/)
SexLab Aroused Redux (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1421-sexlab-aroused-redux-1-december-2015/)
...and their individual dependencies

NOTE:

This is the first Skyrim mod I have ever made, so any suggestions or criticisms are welcome regarding anything (including the grammar, since I am not a native English speaker).

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/01/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, SkyUI, SexLab, SexLab Aroused (Redux)
  • Special Edition Compatible

Edited by CPU

Great idea... It should make dungeons a lot more interesting as you try to get some clothing from your victims or chests...

Request 1... A second way to get the curse, one that is not very obvious, well hidden.

Possible... Chance of getting it whilst praying to Dibella, at 100% arousal. ( if using realistic needs and diseases, you will have to pray to cure yourself of diseases. A good way to catch it. )

Possible... Praying to Dibella in full Devious gear, she takes offence and curses you. ( Chances are, you will have to visit a Dibellan Shrine, while you are trapped in full Devious gear. )

Request 2... Maybe a cure, 100 willing sex acts to release the curse, no rapes. Becoming a prostitute would be a necessary cure... or 10, 000 gold, would be a nasty way to lose the curse...

Just some ideas... :)

Hey. This should be in the Sexlab section. It utilizes Sexlab Aroused. Just a friendly heads up. It even has Sexlab as a requirement.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the mod does not trigger any SexLab scenes, it only uses a single keyword from SexLab, namely the SexLabNoStrip keyword, so that it can make sure not to punish the player for wearing Devious Devices, so I think this is only a soft dependency, if it is at all (I could never test it without SexLab installed).

SexLab aroused is also not vital for the mod, I will test it with a clean install as soon as I'll have some time.

But if you still think it must go to the SexLab section, I can edit the upload accordinglly.

is this mod only for Belethors shop? or other merchants all over?

Just as alphav1za said before:

There is only one bottle of Elixir of Dibella (the poison) in existence, and that one is in Belethor's shop.

You need to steal and drink that to get the Curse of Dibella (the magic effect which keeps punishing you for wearing armor etc.).

Then you need to talk to Belethor, who will tell you the general rules.

After all this every single merchant (alchemist, court wizard, blacksmith, etc) can sell you the antidote or give you radiant quests to get one illegally.

Thanks for this, I am now cursed :)

The difficulty levels don't seem to work quite right, at 1 I still can't wear gloves or shoes, and standard jewellery (necklace, circlet, ring) triggers it on this setting too.

No matter, will just learn to deal with it!

Hehn, you should make the MCM lock or disappear once cursed...

If you're looking for suggestions then how about changing the effect to Paralyze instead of shock? Or immense, virtually disabling debuffs on everything.

Thanks for this, I am now cursed :)

The difficulty levels don't seem to work quite right, at 1 I still can't wear gloves or shoes, and standard jewellery (necklace, circlet, ring) triggers it on this setting too.

No matter, will just learn to deal with it!

Hehn, you should make the MCM lock or disappear once cursed...

If you're looking for suggestions then how about changing the effect to Paralyze instead of shock? Or immense, virtually disabling debuffs on everything.

What kind of gauntlets and boots were you wearing when you were punished at difficulty level 1?

Were they vanilla items, or some special armor from a mod?

No, forget it, I've already found the bug. I'm going to fix it right away.

New version (1.1) is uploaded!

Changes:

- The difficulty level settings are now supposed to work properly
- Minor changes to the shock effect in an attempt to avoid its being lethal to the PC

IMPORTANT:

If you install this version over a previous one, and your character is already poisoned, then you must reset the mod
(MCM -> The Business of the Fourth Era -> Debug -> Reset mod)
so that the new version can work properly (you won't have to start over the whole storyline though).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I tried to find a way to send you an email but I can't find the option, or since I'm starting to use Edge, it's already broken and email just don't show  :s .

I'm about to start a new character, and I want to include your mod in the story.  It is just the beginning I want to change, how she get the curse, I don't want it to be a potion only.  I want it to be given to the player as a curse by a Daedra (the black one's with horns). 

I notice that when we add the Curse of Dibella through the console the quest start which is perfect, I definitely want to keep it that way.

So far I have tried to link both mods without changing to much stuff as they both work perfectly.

I have a perfect mod already to have an interaction with a Daedra to curse the player, "Angrim Apprentice".  The problem is that I will also have PSQ which will render the mana drain curse of Angrim useless.  So I figure that your mod would be perfect to curse the player, especially if there is a law against nudity {Cursed Loots}, this would become a real nightmare  :D .  The only time she will be able to be naked will be when she is trap in one of you dungeon (Naked Dungeon :) ), or when whoring herself in an Inn.  

I believe so far the script you use to curse the player is "bs4e_alchfortifybarter_scr" where you have the command: akTarget.AddSpell(curse, true) .  

So far in the Script I imported the Utility

bs4e_alchfortifybarter_scr Property qst Auto

Then later on I give the curse: playerRef.AddSpell(qst.curse, true)

but nothing happen, no curse and the quest don't start  :( .  

Utility Import similar to "bs4e_alchfortifybarter_scr Property qst Auto" work if the script is inside the mod.   But I'm going outside the mod to yours and I'm wondering if there is something else, like an Alias to your mod, that should be included to point the import the curse.  

Your help would be greatly appreciated as I could find nothing in the CK that help.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...