Brothel you can own ideas?

Baron Of Hell

So there are mods with brothels but you can't own them.  There is a mod where you own a brothel but you don't get income or really manage it.   That brothel is basically a quest hub.  Then there is a brothel mod that is a quest hub and brings you income but you can't really manage the brothel.

So I was thinking about making one myself.   My question is what would make for a good Brothel mod?

Below are some of the ideas I have.

1.  Needs a weekly or monthly income.

2. Income is based on number of clients, number of workers, advertisement, class of workers, and special clients.

3. A passive and active options to manage the brothel. Meaning you can go out and hire workers, put up ads, kill rivals or pay someone to do these things for you.  

4.  A endless number of problems to over come.  A virus has broken out,  Someone is killing your workers,  protesters are scaring away clients, workers are fighting each other, workers want more money,  laws being past to outlaw sex works.

5. I want at least two ways to handle each problem.  A law is being considered to outlaw sex work.  Kill the people asking for the law, pay the people off, talk to the public to get them on your side, pay good speakers to speak against the law.

6. Brothel would also be a player home 

I sent out a request to one of the mod authors to see if I could use their mod.  It looked like he was planning on adding management but never put it in.  His mods track clients, workers, daily expenses and a bunch of other stuff.  Hope he says yes otherwise this might not get off the ground or I'll just have to add it to mods I do but never release. 

So there are mods with brothels but you can't own them.  There is a mod where you own a brothel but you don't get income or really manage it.   That brothel is basically a quest hub.  Then there is a brothel mod that is a quest hub and brings you income but you can't really manage the brothel.

So I was thinking about making one myself.   My question is what would make for a good Brothel mod?

Below are some of the ideas I have.

1.  Needs a weekly or monthly income.

2. Income is based on number of clients, number of workers, advertisement, class of workers, and special clients.

3. A passive and active options to manage the brothel. Meaning you can go out and hire workers, put up ads, kill rivals or pay someone to do these things for you.  

4.  A endless number of problems to over come.  A virus has broken out,  Someone is killing your workers,  protesters are scaring away clients, workers are fighting each other, workers want more money,  laws being past to outlaw sex works.

5. I want at least two ways to handle each problem.  A law is being considered to outlaw sex work.  Kill the people asking for the law, pay the people off, talk to the public to get them on your side, pay good speakers to speak against the law.

6. Brothel would also be a player home 

I sent out a request to one of the mod authors to see if I could use their mod.  It looked like he was planning on adding management but never put it in.  His mods track clients, workers, daily expenses and a bunch of other stuff.  Hope he says yes otherwise this might not get off the ground or I'll just have to add it to mods I do but never release. 

Maybe you can made a way for us to hire the countess as prostitute, But we can say they are look a like so nobody will suspect that their countess works as a prostitute. The countess can work at night after their daily work as countess.

I probably won't do anything to touch count and countesses just because they are part of the main quest.    I was thinking of maybe having a system where any NPC could be made a worker.  Basically have it so that if you make a NPC a slave through one of lovers plugins you could then have the option of turning them into a worker in the brothel.  I believe the lovers plugins allow for enslavement of countesses. 

I think you can make an "open" brothel by making slaves work within a specific part of a city, or a closed one by doing the same, but adding a certain time for NPCs to come and visit a specific area in the CS. Neither should be too hard, or require you to mess with NPC's settings too much(or at all in the first case). Then again, my ideas are dependent on me actually understanding the "sell flowers" option, and since I never use it....

• 2 months later...

I'd suggest you approach it as a "building" quest type of mod.   I.e., start with a cottage-type building and expand it into a more luxuriant establishment with more rooms, more amenities, (baths, pool, bar, massage, etc.)  Likewise, the 'talent':  start with some fairly low end girls (and boys, if that is your bent), Khajits, lower class Imperials, and entice (through higher and higher payments) better-class prostitutes, with the highest level ones (Altmer, Bosmer) only available to hire when you have a certain level of building, and can pay a whacking great bonus to attract them.

Of course, as your establishment grows in capability, esteem and fame, you'd be paying higher and higher bribes to the Legion not to have it shut down, and perhaps some other "fees" to upstanding business associations such as the Thieves Guild.

On the other hand, it would be good to be able to obtain blackmail money from clients who wouldn't like their recreational pursuits generally known, nobles, legion commanders, high ranking folk in the guilds, etc.  Perhaps this could come up as a random opportunity with you as proprietor deciding whether to pursue the opportunity, with benefits and drawbacks if you do.  (As mini-quests).

There should be some management aspects as well - resolving personal/personnel disputes among the talent, deciding how many toughs to employ in case of orneriness amongst the clients, decisions on whether to accept sexual advances from members of the talent, who are really after more money, more priveleges, more time off, rather than the pleasure of your company.  You should be able to buy clothing, from any of the many great slinky-wear mods, to outfit your talent, and the price of their outfit should have an influence on the income they produce.

Lotsa good stuff to think about.  Should you consider including an erotic library for the reading pleasure of your clientele, I'd be happy to discuss making some of Maeva Scribonia's works available for use in your establishment (mod).

Trippy

Archived