CTD when I create female char

sarahrah

Hiyas,

I had some major issues with Skyrim soo I reinstalled it and most of my mods (some I didnt want and I thought while I was starting fresh I may as well remove some).

I've done a bit of googling and tried some of the suggestions that I found from here but none worked :(

So when I start a new game, using quick start, I can create a male char fine, but if I try to change to female it CTDs.  I tried it a number of times and looked through my Papyrus logs (which made my eyes sore) and I cant see anything.  So I hoping one of you amazing people can help me out.

My Papyrus log from last CTD and load order (sorted by LOOT) and Skyrim.ini are all attached :)

Thanks x

Papyrus.0.log

loadorder.txt

skyrim.txt

If I remember correctly it has something to do with the skeleton...(or textures? not sure anymore).

I once had the problem that undressing female NPCs would cause CTDs, and if i remember correctly it was due to the skeleton not being installed correctly.

Id try re-installing xp32 skeleton, running Fnis and Loot again and then looking if it works.

Could also be due to some bad armor mods though....what happens if you create a male character and coc to riverwood? Does seeing female npcs cause ctd?

What happens if you teleport a female bandit to you? CTD instantly, CTD when taking of the armor or no CTD at all?

Have you installed ShowracemenuPrecacheKiller? It may also be because your racemenu cant handle all the fancy textures and ctd*s..

Well I not sure how it worked but in a last ditch attempt I created a new profile in MO and added all the mods back in again and now it works!!!

Puters are just mental things!

Thanks for the tips though Street2, I will try them if it happens again x

Ok, seems I may have selected a wrong option on XPMSE, apparently it don't like you using TBBP and not selected the BBP skeleton, who knew!

*Dyes her hair back to blonde*

textures dont normaly cause crashes. the ctd when make female is 90% of the time related to the skelton.

remember when useing MO its not as simple but it is better than NMM. evverey mod has to be organized in the left menu to overwrite in the correct order.

first thing to look at on MO if u crashing like that is to make sure the mods are overwriting each other in correct order. probaly before u useing hdt or bbp and something was overwriting your skeleton with a non bbp/hdt skeleton.

textures dont normaly cause crashes. the ctd when make female is 90% of the time related to the skelton.

remember when useing MO its not as simple but it is better than NMM. evverey mod has to be organized in the left menu to overwrite in the correct order.

first thing to look at on MO if u crashing like that is to make sure the mods are overwriting each other in correct order. probaly before u useing hdt or bbp and something was overwriting your skeleton with a non bbp/hdt skeleton.

Soo I guess I just move them round abit?

I not really sure what I am doing, but i've tried putting every mod that overwrites a mod after the mod it overwrites

imagine it like this remember on NMM how u had specific oder to install mods so they overwright each other in right way? its same with MO but now they only virtualy over wright. also now u can open their folder and delete parts u know not needed.

one important thing is any custom race/followerw even if they in bsa u must i repeat must replace their skeleton unless they have a custom skeleton specific for them.

imagine it like this remember on NMM how u had specific oder to install mods so they overwright each other in right way? its same with MO but now they only virtualy over wright. also now u can open their folder and delete parts u know not needed.

one important thing is any custom race/followerw even if they in bsa u must i repeat must replace their skeleton unless they have a custom skeleton specific for them.

I went back and redone all my mods and it seems to be all working now :)

Archived