[Outdated] SexoutXP for SexoutNG

I remember fondly being able to make some xp while fucking my way around Cyrodiil, so I set up this tiny mod.

After all, if you can get xp for killing someone, you ought to get some xp for making them happy.

As always, suggestions are welcome, but as my modding skills are miniscule, i would probably need help to implement anything that requires using the GECK.

All are free to use etc. etc. as they wish.

What is does

Version 0.2 2012-05-15 Now this really works, really gives XP. It does this by modifying the cumming script to add xp based on :
Sex level (from Sexout Levelup, more skill = more xp. You may as well get some benefit from being the good time had by all.)
Lust Level (the more lust you have, the more xp you get)
Duration of sex act (longer fucks = more xp.)
There is also a 'mercy minimum' so you will get a few xp even if you have run out of lust.

Version 0.1 This just hooks into the cumming effect to add 5 xp at the completion of each sex act, and did not work properly.

Known Bugs
This mod currently mods the cumming script, which is a Bad Thing.
Side effects include

• Not compatible with the pregnancy mod as is breaks sperm counting.
  • Causes player xp for sex performed by npcs.

This mod being left up only for continuity purposes until I get a chance to fix it.

use at your own risk

Consider this an alpha release. Please post new bugs in the thread.

YMMV. Use at your own risk. Not responsible if this mod causes your pc to melt or your cat to barf on the living room rug.

Thanks to: Tonoma for showing me that scripting was nothing to be scared of, and everyone on this forum for the encouraging words.

SexoutNGXP20120515.zip

I had a thought. If its beyond your ability I understand, I personally couldn't have done even this much. My thought is this: Diminishing returns.

Up the reward for a low level character, say to 10 or 12 xp, or even higher. Every 5-10 levels drop it a few points. Say for example you have all of the DLC and a level cap of 50. At levels 1-10, you get 12 xp every time you get laid. 10-20 that drops to 10 xp. 20-30 drops to 8, 30-40 gets 6, 40-50 gets 4. Or you could go up to 15 at first and drop every 5 levels. What ever feels right.

Crazy? Probably. Just my two cents.

A couple of things:

1. MCM support, makes it easier to adjust any options.

2. Players like options, slider or diminishing returns are both good ideas.

3. add to faction rep per trick you do with that faction, you are making them happy, no? say +5 per trick or maybe even lower but it should slowly make them like you.

I had a thought. If its beyond your ability I understand' date=' I personally couldn't have done even this much. My thought is this: Diminishing returns.

Up the reward for a low level character, say to 10 or 12 xp, or even higher. Every 5-10 levels drop it a few points. Say for example you have all of the DLC and a level cap of 50. At levels 1-10, you get 12 xp every time you get laid. 10-20 that drops to 10 xp. 20-30 drops to 8, 30-40 gets 6, 40-50 gets 4. Or you could go up to 15 at first and drop every 5 levels. What ever feels right.

Crazy? Probably. Just my two cents.

[/quote']

I'm curious: why? The cost for leveling up already increases with every level, giving all XP awards diminishing returns. Doubling that effect by also cutting awards in absolutes sounds like it would just condemn the feature to irrelevance (note that I didn't actually crunch the numbers on this, just a hunch).

It kinda ties into plausibility, and other game features. Trying new things teaches you new things, while once you've done it all there's nothing really new to learn. Prime example is feral ghouls in the vanilla game. At low levels you get, I believe, like 5 xp for killing them. By around level 20 that's dropped to 1 xp. And I'm all for Miins suggestion of mcm options. If you don't like it, change it. And don't take anything I say too seriously, I just get random ideas and throw them out. If its not a popular idea, by all means throw it back.

Prime example is feral ghouls in the vanilla game. At low levels you get' date=' I believe, like 5 xp for killing them. By around level 20 that's dropped to 1 xp. And I'm all for Miins suggestion of mcm options.[/quote']

Wasn't aware of that - I somehow thought the amount earned remained the same, with only level-up requirements scaling. In this case - yeah, it makes sense to have the Sexout rewards scale as well.

The downside of a variable rate, either set by MCM or by a character level or sexual skill level, is it will require scripting.

Currently this mod relies on a simple 'effect' function, hacked into the SexoutCumming actor effect with fnvedit, to increase xp by a static value.

Scripting would require I get far more intimate with GECK than I am currently comfortable with, and I don't see that happening soon as I am busy with RL stuff. I could probably hack up some variations of the .esp for different XP gains, and let folks pick the one they want.

---

As for faction respect --- that would be an order of magnitude more complicated, and again require some geck scripting that is outside of my skill level.

The downside of a variable rate' date=' either set by MCM or by a character level or sexual skill level, is it will require scripting.

Currently this mod relies on a simple 'effect' function, hacked into the SexoutCumming actor effect with fnvedit, to increase xp by a static value.

Scripting would require I get far more intimate with GECK than I am currently comfortable with, and I don't see that happening soon as I am busy with RL stuff. I could probably hack up some variations of the .esp for different XP gains, and let folks pick the one they want.

---

As for faction respect --- that would be an order of magnitude more complicated, and again require some geck scripting that is outside of my skill level.[/quote']

It's a cool idea and probably wouldn't take much scripting would be a good addition into SexoutNG itself and use it's MCM, seems a bit of a waste using MCM for mods with only one or 2 variables, or into SexoutLevelUp perhaps.

Previously did a try at my own XP patch when I was using Arwen's with an earlier version of Sexout - because Arwen made XP's hard to earn and Sexout diversions (no XP's) then made it take forever to level up.

Perhaps some of the following will be useful to this Sexout XP topic.

The critical information for XP awards is that it depends on the Courier's level:

; (total) Experience points needed for level n = 25(3n + 2)(n - 1)

; Or approximately 150n XP needed for a level change (or 3n/2 XP points for 1% progress)

In my own XPM prototype I targeted a role-playing average 1% XP for "good" sex (good determined by random factor plus (rape versus coerced versus consensual) plus sex type.)

For example, here is an (incomplete) snippet of the logic used :

; uses SexoutNGFLGlobalCBStartS (SexoutNG callback) to determine Actors and apply XP

; used SexoutNotify as an implementation template

int nLevel

int lustTH

int LustValue

int lustTH

int isRape ; determined elsewhere during callback

int isSEXV ; determined elsewhere via callback

int isSEXA ; determined elsewhere via callback

int isSEXO ; determined elsewhere via callback

float gainFACTOR

float gainXP

float LustFactor

float awardXP

ref actorA ; determined elsewhere via callback

ref actorB ; determined via callback

ref actorC ; determined via callback

set nLevel to player.GetLevel

;set lustTH to sexoutXPM.LustTH ; MCM option

set lustTH to 10

set LustValue to SexoutSQLVAR.fLustZPlayer ; from SexoutLust

if (0 > LustValue)

set LustValue to 0

elseif (100 < LustValue)

set LustValue to 100

endif

if (LustValue < lustTH) ; prevent point mining

set LustFactor to (LustValue/lustTH)

set LustFactor to (LustFactor*LustFactor)

else

set LustFactor to ((19*(LustValue - lustTH)/(100 - lustTH)) + 1) ; infrequent gives more XP

endif

set gainXP to (1.5 + (LustFactor/5)) ; Use lustTH to prevent "mining" XP

if ((actorA == actorB) || (isRape) || (isSEXA) || ((actorB == playerREF) && (0 == isSEXV)) || ((actorA == playerREF) && (0 == isSEXO)))

set gainFACTOR to 0.25

else

set gainFACTOR to 1 ; orgasm

endif

set awardXP to (1 + (nLevel*gainFACTOR*gainXP/8))

if ((0 < awardXP))

player.rewardxp awardXP

endif

Fellus, Miin - no, you are doing nothing wrong. But I did. My bad.

I have corrected it with a new version (on the first post in this topic).

New version appears to be properly posting xp.

XP value is now calculated based on sex skill level, lust level and duration of the act.

This means sexout lust and sexout levelup are needed.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

There's an MCM setting for base sexout where you can change how long sex lasts. Has this been accounted for' date=' or can we set sex to last like 5 minutes and fuck our way to level 50 in no time?[/quote']

lol, yeah true, probably should top out at a minute or 2 for male Player's :)

SexoutLevelUp was making me walk really slowly. Is there a way to use this without it?

I don't think you need SexoutLevelUp for this, LevelUp track SexXP, but this is just normal GameXP

Edit: Ooops I was wrong it does use LevelUp.

I don't think you need SexoutLevelUp for this' date=' LevelUp track SexXP, but this is just normal GameXP

[/quote']

Based on my reading of the SexoutNGXP script, this mod does use Sexout.sexLevel which is computed by SexoutLevelUp. So both SexoutLust and SexoutLevelup are requirements for this mod to work as designed, but are not required masters. His XP awards are proportional to sexLevel.

fritz_t_coyote:

Your SexoutNGXP's xp awards scale with sexLevel and Lust. If sexLevel is high, but Lust is low, few xp points. Actually that is good since it makes it harder to exploit sex for xp points - more points are earned as sex becomes less frequent (as determined by days-to-max-lust in SexoutLust.)

However I would not use sexLevel and instead would use the Courier's game level (removes requirement for SexoutLevelup plus is more predictable regarding game leveling).

For example, you could:

set nLevel to player.GetLevel

set XPForSex to (1 + (3 * nLevel * lustPct))

For your lustPct, this would give a minimum of at least 0.2% towards level advancement, a reasonable 1% for lust=50, and a maximum of about 2% if lust reaches 100 (lust can go higher).

or set XPForSex to (1 + (3 * nLevel * lustPct * soxpFactor))

to adjust the xp higher or lower by some factor you define for soxpFactor (could be via MCM).

I would also exclude using sex-scene display time. If one changes that value, xp awards would change proportionately - a player may want longer or shorter display times based on situation or current viewing preference and should not have a game affecting value (an xp award) changed based on how long the player wants to view the animation. (Thus I do not consider animation time as being the actual sex duration time - plus some mods modify the game time-scale indoors versus outdoors, etc. Consider, if it were the actual sex duration time then in the mysterious FONV world, all sex of all types and in all situations have exactly the same duration - adding one realism kills the other.)

It seems XP is awarded even when being near NPC having sex (at least, with BrutalRapers).

Saw a dog raping some NPC - and boom, XP! "Dear diary, I learned something new today..." :D

Well, incompatibilities like that are understandable. Still, any way you can make it only award XP to the participants or - predicting that may blow NPC levels out of whack - just the participating PC?

It seems XP is awarded even when being near NPC having sex (at least' date=' with BrutalRapers).

Saw a dog raping some NPC - and boom, XP! "Dear diary, I learned something new today..." :D

Well, incompatibilities like that are understandable. Still, any way you can make it only award XP to the participants or - predicting that may blow NPC levels out of whack - just the participating PC?

[/quote']

Well that's just wrong, you should only get half XP for watching :)