I need to bring up the ENBDev menu

Lizzy

As usual, the Skyrim Nexus doesn't respond. I recently came back to Skyrim after harddrive corruption and starting over again.

(Leaving Fallout 4, because there isn't enough CTD prevention yet)

I reinstalled Skyrim on this new harddrive, and went by mods linked to the corrupted .ess saves according to WryeBash.

Those saves were then thrown out.

My characters were recovered with ECE .slot files. All was good, until I finished downloading Kountervibe+ENBoost and started the game.

I need to ask, to those of you out there that frequently bring up the ENB menu and toggle ENB on for screenshots..

How? What key combination do you press? What's your latest ENBseries version? <-This last question is very important!

The menu used to come up with [shift]+[enter], but it's not doing that anymore. Documentation says the following:

KeyUseEffect=123

Turn on and off ENBSeries mod, default is F12 key. Must be pressed together with KeyCombination key, so don’t expect that pressing only F12 will turn mod on/off, only SHIFT+F12 will work.

But [shift]+F12 doesn't do that! It takes STEAM screenshots. No matter which shift key I'm using >_>

Here's comparison shots to prove something's wrong, it's obviously not on!:

What my Skyrim used to be, with earlier ENBoost from ENBDev, Kountervibe ENB, and custom Imaginator settings.

17142649-1445541795.jpg

What it is now with the latest ENBoost from ENBDev, Kountervibe ENB and the exact same Imaginator settings.

17142649-1456372040.jpg

[iNPUT]

//shift

KeyCombination=16

//enter

KeyEditor=13

These are the Keys for to bring up the menu and I am using version 304 all version should be the same, tell me when you start the game do you see the enb version at the top of your screen?

If you need to copy exactl put this in your enblocal.ini

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false

[iNPUT]

//shift

KeyCombination=16

//f12

KeyUseEffect=123

//home

KeyFPSLimit=36

//num /       106

KeyShowFPS=106

//print screen

KeyScreenshot=44

//enter

KeyEditor=13

//f4

KeyFreeVRAM=115

//B

KeyBruteForce=66

Okay, I tried [shift]+F12 one more time and Steam only took another useless screenshot ._.

Then I changed the enblocal.ini to say the following:

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//enter
KeyUseEffect=13
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=221
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//'
KeyEditor=222
//F
KeyFreeVRAM=70
//B
KeyBruteForce=66

[shift]+[enter] won't work either, even after changing the settings =/

I'm using 304 too! In combination with the ENBoost file: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73618/?

I tried removing ENBoost also, going by the files it provides. That didn't help. Put them back, still nothing.

The response on that mod page (now my comment is on page 3).. was this:

"Have you enabled graphic modifications in the enblocal.ini file?

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics must be set to false."

It is set to false. I said that. Not a response after  :(

Here's proof is exists on my Skyrim anyway >_>

OCu3R9G.jpg

Edit: Waaaaait. Do I need to run the injector every single time with the Injector version? It suddenly started working when I had that running D:

So to sum up: Run the injector always.. Ugh, I'm going to try the wrapper version.

2nd Edit: Nope! Wrapper version wouldn't open either with shift+f12 or shift+enter. Looks like I have to run another process as I play Skyrim..

That annoying Injector x_x

"Looks like I have to run another process as I play Skyrim.."

Not sure what is up with your hotkeys not working, but, as far as another process running while you have Skyrim up, It is supposed to do that--that is the whole point of ENBoost.

ENBoost allows you to use more than 3.5gb of RAM by creating a new process and allocating some of the Skyrim RAM "needs" to that other process. If this process did not run, you'd be stuck with 3.5gb of RAM, regardless of how much you have installed in your PC. And yes, as long as you have Skyrim running, there will be that other process running (enbhost). Don't worry about it.

Use the Wrapper version, unless your on a laptop.

Just a thought--If you are using the "ENTER" button on the NUMPAD, when you use SHIFT+ENTER to open the config menu, it won't work. Only works with primary ENTER key.

EDIT: That's your problem right there--You're shutting down enbhost after you start Skyrim? The hotkeys will do nothing because the application isn't even running. Again, DO NOT CLOSE ENBHOST AFTER STARTING SKYRIM.

Just a thought--If you are using the "ENTER" button on the NUMPAD, when you use SHIFT+ENTER to open the config menu, it won't work. Only works with primary ENTER key.

EDIT: That's your problem right there--You're shutting down enbhost after you start Skyrim? The hotkeys will do nothing because the application isn't even running. Again, DO NOT CLOSE ENBHOST AFTER STARTING SKYRIM.

Are we typing in bold and caps now because you think I have a comprehension problem? Okay then.

I NEVER HAD TO KEEP THE ENBINJECTOR .EXE OPEN IN THE PAST AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE.

I also never used the number pad's enter key this time around. Primary enter key. That's what wouldn't work. With the wrapper version.
Only when I use the injector version and keep the ENBInjector.exe open, am I able to use [shift]+primary [enter].
What I meant by another process open is Steam. That program must stay open to play Skyrim or no keys work on my main menu.
It's a process hog! And I keep Precision X16's fans on auto to prevent overheating card CTDs.

Change or disable the screenshot key used by Steam so that it does not conflict with the key defined in enblocal. 

Switch Steam to Offline mode and disable the in game overlay to minimize the resource use of Steam while running Skyrim.

EVGA Precision X16 and other "crapware" have been known to cause problems with ENB and are not supported by ENBSeries.  If you feel compelled to use them you do so at your own risk.  You will receive no support.

If you use a laptop with hybrid graphics, you most likely need to use the Injector.  You should not be closing the Injector after launching Skyrim.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the Skyrim ENB binaries, 0.304.

You can call EVGA Precision X16 crapware all you want. It has prevented my card from overheating due to the adjustable fan settings. No laptop.

It never caused any problems with ENB for years playing Skyrim. I doubt it suddenly started now. Actually EPX16+ENB with Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 too.

I don't overclock or change anything else with it. I'm not interested in "receiving support" for it, thanks. The rest of that I knew already.

I'm just not going to waste time changing Steam settings if I must keep the Injector open anyway.

You can call EVGA Precision X16 crapware all you want. It has prevented my card from overheating due to the adjustable fan settings. No laptop.

It never caused any problems with ENB for years playing Skyrim. I doubt it suddenly started now. Actually EPX16+ENB with Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 too.

I don't overclock or change anything else with it. I'm not interested in "receiving support" for it, thanks. The rest of that I knew already.

I'm just not going to waste time changing Steam settings if I must keep the Injector open anyway.

I'm not the one who designated it as "crapware."  That's what Boris Vorontsov, the creator of ENB, calls it.  He has made it clear that he will not make changes to ENB binaries to work with these applications and he will not offer support to people who continue to use such applications together with ENB.

I am indifferent on the matter.  Given your tone and your characterization of troubleshooting this issue as "wasting time," I think that puts an end to my attempts to provide help for your particular issue.

You just got the exact same advice from two different people.

Take it or leave it.

I think it's very obvious that I chose to leave it. The issue is resolved. That's enough.

I'm not the one who designated it as "crapware."  That's what Boris Vorontsov, the creator of ENB, calls it.  He has made it clear that he will not make changes to ENB binaries to work with these applications and he will not offer support to people who continue to use such applications together with ENB.

I am indifferent on the matter.  Given your tone and your characterization of troubleshooting this issue as "wasting time," I think that puts an end to my attempts to provide help for your particular issue.

Really? Well link me to the exact phrasing of Boris saying "EVGA Precision X16 is crapware".

I'll still laugh and continue using it. By the way, I fixed this some time ago and it's fine. It has been fine for years my way.

I'm repeating myself by saying that. I don't like your tone either. You can stop pretending to help.

Aareyn was helpful. I don't know what the rest of you think you're doing. You get attitude when you give attitude. Simple as that.

Tech-help Forum Rule #1:

Don't insult those that try to help you.

You know what I think?

I think the people that tried to help you were right, but rather than feel like an idiot (we were not trying to make you look like one), you chose to insult us. You now have a real reason to feel like an idiot.

Nice.

As is, anyone that reads this thread is unlikely to help you in the future, and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Don't bother replying--I'm never again looking at a thread you started. Ever.

Ciao!

Bug

(The CAPS and bold were for emphasis, because I realize some people can't be bothered to read a single paragraph, so I emphasize the truly important parts. But you seem to think it means something else. Here, it doesn't really matter--you read the whole thing and still didn't get it.)

I never insulted you or called you an idiot, before. You just insulted me by calling me idiot, you childish ass. Don't order me around.

I will not obey you either. The caps and bold was your superiority complex kicking in. Because it was petty "e-screaming" and uncalled for.

I don't feel like an idiot or have any reason to feel like an idiot. Isn't that "nice"?

You immediately came in here acting like you were better than me. I won't tolerate that.

I can recognize when someone's offering help. I told you who was helping, Aareyn was. You weren't.

Thanks to that response, I fixed the keymapping and ENBInjector has to be ran manually on my setup even though it says not to do that.

Or [shift]+[enter] plus any other form of entry won't work. It ran automatically always, in the past.

Now my ENB works. Problem solved.

If you never come to another thread of mine, I'd be so glad of that. Because you're an arrogant jerk.

Archived