Anyone going to convert SG textures?

Jackytheman

Skyrim textures and fallout 4 textures are pretty close to the same. Earlier I took a fallout 4 tattoo mod highlighted the tattoo cut it and all I had to do was paste it onto my skyrim UNP textures without having to do any adjusting the tattoo didn't have anything around the breast so I didn't have to worry about nasty warped tattoo's.

I replaced the CBBE fo4 female textures in my game with the one from SG mod and it looks fine to me. Minor hand/neck seam issues however. But if you mean convert the SG textures to fit the original fo4 body, I doubt it.

Oh this is great news. I saw the author of the mature skin mod for Skyrim posted all the raw images. I think I'd like to take a crack at getting that in FO4. Was a GREAT skin in Skyrim when I used it on the CBBE. If one CBBE skin works, I imagine most will be similarly easy to use.

I PM'ed the author a month back to do it with full release. I never got a reply back.

From Hello Santa's SG Female Textures Renewal FAQ:

Q. Can I upload patch/modified version of SG textures on Nexus or anywhere else?

A. Yes, you can. Current version is the final version of SG textures that is supported by me. For that reason, I welcome anyone who wants to upgrade/modify SG textures. Just let me know where you upload your modifications.

Have fun! :)

I replaced the CBBE fo4 female textures in my game with the one from SG mod and it looks fine to me. Minor hand/neck seam issues however. But if you mean convert the SG textures to fit the original fo4 body, I doubt it.

this is what I mean, use SG texture on CBBE bodyslide for fallout 4

have you got a screenshot of your character?

I PM'ed the author a month back to do it with full release. I never got a reply back.

In the description he gives full permission to do whatever with the mod and upload/share it. He only asked that after you release it you PM him letting him know and to give him credit for the original work.

Not all skyrim CBBE bodies use the same CBBE textures some CBBE bodies use specific textures which will not work with the other CBBE bodies as they use a different UV map from the other CBBE body.

Never seen a body called CBBE using a diff uv map than the original CBBE body. I know there are other bodies that use a diff UV map, but those aren't CBBE.

this is what I mean, use SG texture on CBBE bodyslide for fallout 4

have you got a screenshot of your character?

No, but it only takes about 2 minutes to rename and replace the body, head, and hand textures with the SG ones. 

CBBE have a amazing poly count, thats why a good normal map is not so essencial for the body, in special if you want a soft skin, but to make a real, photorealistic skin, you will need a good normal map...

About how to make a normal map, it all depends... photoshop is a part of the workflow, because even baking a normal map with a model that have billion of poly, you still gonna see some problems that you gonna need photoshop to fixed it, comparing photoshop normal bake to any 3d app, zbrush, mudbox etc... is just not fair to photoshop, photoshop make a normal map based on a height map or bump map, can work for some stuff, like leather details etc... 3D apps bake the model itself.

Well you sound like you know what you're talking about. I was gonna try baking some normals at one point, but got sidetracked into somethin else. Sounds to me like that level of detail is only really needed in close-up screen shots, or maybe rendering models in poser or some such thing. I'm sure others would disagree tho. All depends on who's doing the looking I guess. This game is gonna be awesome after the modders here get done with it, that much I'm sure of.

Well you sound like you know what you're talking about. I was gonna try baking some normals at one point, but got sidetracked into somethin else. Sounds to me like that level of detail is only really needed in close-up screen shots, or maybe rendering models in poser or some such thing. I'm sure others would disagree tho. All depends on who's doing the looking I guess. This game is gonna be awesome after the modders here get done with it, that much I'm sure of.

I am no expert, but i work with 3D, but in arch business, characters is just a hobby.

For close-up screenshots the normal map makes a huge difference indeed, but you need have to the resolution needed or you will have a crap screenshot... But even if your resolution is low you can see the difference a normal map can do in game, try for example the vaultsuit, remove the normal map and see how they look, is terrible... Normal map is not just adding details in the model like a bump map, they have a control of the light that passes in the mesh, take the boobs of cbbe for another example, you will see that in their normal map the boobs are there, if you remove the boobs there you will notice that your model will look more like barbie.

Like i said i am no expert, but when you get to the point to bake some normal and need any help, let me know, i will be very happy to share what i know :)

Q. Can I upload patch/modified version of SG textures on Nexus or anywhere else?

A. Yes, you can. Current version is the final version of SG textures that is supported by me. For that reason, I welcome anyone who wants to upgrade/modify SG textures. Just let me know where you upload your modifications.

It says nothing about importing from game A to game B.

Only about using it freely in the Skyrim.

*shrugs* I don't really see anything stating 'skyrim only' but, your are correct, it also does not say anything about importing either, better to be safe than sorry.

*shrugs* I don't really see anything stating 'skyrim only' but, your are correct, it also does not say anything about importing either, better to be safe than sorry.

True. The best option is to PM Hellosanta and let him/her (don't know the exact gender) respond on this matter before doing anything.

Archived