Looking for Crosshair Fix

Hi guys!

As you might expect from the title my crosshair in third person view is a tad bit misplaced, which makes aiming at stuff rather difficult.

I've already been looking for a fix for a while and so far I've found the mods Proper Aiming and Less Intrusive HUD II.

Proper Aiming does fix the offset for projectile weapons and magics, but won't work for activating/collecting stuff and aimed spells without projectile (makes playing a healer character pretty stressful).

Less Intrusive HUD II on the other hand allows me to directly move the crosshair around and fix the offset manually and I'd love to use this mod, but sadly it causes my game to crash whenever a hostile shows up, so I had to remove it from my load order again ... teary-eyed.

So the question is: Does someone know a mod or other miraculous fixes that solve one of the problems above?

Eagerly awaiting positive responses,

Sceadugengan.

Add the following to your skyrim ini.

[Combat]

fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0

fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

the bottom one is your crosshair setting for 3rd person.  You can change it to find the sweet spot. Hope it helps

I'm editing the Skyrim.ini of my current MO profile but it doesn't show any effect within the game D:

Also tried to edit the initweaks.ini with the same result.

I guess I'm editing the wrong Skyrim.ini, but which other file should I edit here? (btw. tried the one in My Documents, too)

you could try this Sensitive aiming im sure there`s a auto target mod but i cant remember it try to look for it 

That mod looks interesting for an archer type character :)

Currently I have to do alot of guess work when I want to heal a follower with a healing spell or pick up items.

Often enough I've healed an enemy instead of my follower or unintentionally stole an item in front of a merchant who I actually wanted to talk to.

I'd rather fix the crosshair position than use a workaround like auto targeting.

But thanks for your suggestion, I'll remember that mod for future playthroughs ^^

Have never used mo. the 2 bottom settings change the height of your crosshair for 1st person and 3rd person so if your projectile hits below or above your crosshair you can tweak it up or down to match your projectiles impact point. The f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7 adjusts the height of the 3rd person crosshair. You can change that number to fine tune it.

the skyrim ini in your documents folder is the one that worked for me

Have never used mo. the 2 bottom settings change the height of your crosshair for 1st person and 3rd person so if your projectile hits below or above your crosshair you can tweak it up or down to match your projectiles impact point. The f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7 adjusts the height of the 3rd person crosshair. You can change that number to fine tune it.

the skyrim ini in your documents folder is the one that worked for me

Sorry, it doesn't seem to work for me.

It doesn't matter which Skyrim.ini I edit, be it the original one in My Documents or the one in the MO profile, there's no visible change.

It can't be that Less Intrusive HUD is the only mod that allows me to move the crosshair around.

Is there no other mod that does the same thing?

Well, I've found another mod which allows you to move HUD stuff ... with the sole exception being the crosshair.

I've tried to get Less Intrusive HUD to work but I can't figure out why the CTDs happen.

They even happen when the mod is installed and disabled via MCM menu and the MO log only notes a non-descriptive windows exception at the end.

for me im using proper aiming and this is my ini tweak on my skyrim ini  im using MO so my skyrim ini should be tweak in MO not on my Steam folder  click the ini editor and this on skyrim ini 

im using bow and crossbow on 3rd person cause my 1st person is kinda messed up anyway  i dont use 1st  person even of fallout

[Camera]
fOverShoulderCombatAddY = -15.0000   //When weapon is out: zoom in/out
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ = -10.000    //When weapon is out: height
fOverShoulderCombatPosX = -35.0000   //When weapon is out: left/right distance from the center
fOverShoulderPosZ = -10.0000         //When weapon is NOT out: height
fOverShoulderPosX = 0.0000           //When weapon is NOT out: left/right distance from the center
fOverShoulderHorseAddY = -200.0000   //While on horse: zoom in/out
fOverShoulderHorsePosZ = 75.0000     //While on horse: height
fOverShoulderHorsePosX = 0.0000      //While on horse: left/right distance from the center
fMouseWheelZoomMinDelta = 0.000      //Not sure what it does exactly
fMouseWheelZoomSpeed = 14.0000       //Speed of the zooming in/out
fMouseWheelZoomIncrement = 0.6000    //Increments, not sure how it does work, but currently it's 3 steps, min, med, max. Proportional with Min/Max VanityModeDist
fVanityModeMinDist = 80.0000         //Min distance from the character (min zoom out)
fVanityModeMaxDist = 240.0000        //Max distance from the character (max zoom out)
fPitchZoomOutMaxDist = 0.0000        //Set to zero so when looking down the camera won't go further away

edit : try to download arrow bolt and tweak cause arrow may miss through the gravity so you must increase the arrow speed if you want to be accurate 

[Combat]
f1PArrowTiltUpAngle = 0.2
f3PArrowTiltUpAngle = 0.5
f1PBoltTiltUpAngle = 0.2
f3PBoltTiltUpAngle = 0.5

Thanks but I have trouble with figuring out which .ini-file I have to edit in order to get the desired effect.

Since you're using Proper Aiming, too, can you tell where exactly the .ini-file you've edited is located?

Something like the directory path inside your MO folder would be helpful :)

As an example: The .ini-files I edited to move the crosshair are located in "..\Mod Organizer\profiles\Default", which didn't have any effect at all.

Didn't know MO had a built-in .ini-file editor.

I've pasted in "f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7" and "f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7" and gave the latter a pretty high value just to get a result but still nothing.

The crosshair isn't moving a tiny bit.

I thought maybe some mod is overwriting my changes and looked through every single .ini-file in MO's folder searching for the same lines above, but there was none, so I guess there's no mod interfering.

I'm looking at a small item in third person mode.

To pick it up I have to aim way above it.

I set f3PArrowTiltUpAngle to 5 and 0.1, but both tries didn't change anything.

The crosshair position is still not matching the point used to activate stuff, or rather there is no change at all.

Am I mistaken by any chance and f3PArrowTiltUpAngle isn't actually moving the crosshair or point on screen to activate stuff?

Well, that explains it xD

Currently the point on screen you center on stuff to activate it and the crosshair are mismatched, so to pick up or activate small objects I have to guess where I have to point the crosshair.

Apparently that's because I've changed the actual size of my character, which caused this mismatch.

I'm looking for a way to fix this so I won't have to guess where to point when I want to pick up stuff, talk to NPCs or aim non-projectile spells.

Seems like I'm not permitted to attach screenshots here D:

There are some forum restrictions for me, so right now I can only give URLs to screenshots showcasing the problem.

http://imgur.com/17o30Cm

http://imgur.com/zfiunwR

http://imgur.com/M1u5Nmq

The "Boiled Creme Treat" I'm looking at has a pretty small activation box.

As you can see on the screenshots the position of the treat and crosshair are way off.

Right now I'm trying to find the mod that is conflicting with Less Intrusive HUD, but no luck so far.

At least I don't get the CTDs when I have nothing activated besides LIHUD and the DLCs.

Quite tedious with more than 170 mods active...

I was hoping for an easier solution but I guess there's no way around it now ^^

When I get it to work with the rest of my mods I can finally adjust my crosshair and get some HUD goodies, too.

• 2 years later...

Maybe it's long time passing post, but I think, It's never too late to Fix the Crosshair ?

I suggest to try my mod named 3PCO++("3PCO Plus-Plus - Aim Fix (Crosshair Accuracy)") based on a known camera mod 3PCO. It allows you to change position of the crosshair to match projectiles fall point, and eventually puts in order the accuracy with any of your mods affecting accuracy.
You just read the mod page and watch included video, and you will see the only way to fix the accuracy in game once and for all! :)

Best regards!

Archived