[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

12 hours ago, Apex-Fox said:

Ok, Can we add or expand on the bestiality? as well as add special events on the Incest?

IDK if this mod has bestiality or its another one I have but it needs more content, like maybe special scenes if you play werewolf and even inter-species pregnancy?

Also minotaur's and centaurs might be a good addition to the mod, so horses and bulls have a inter-species play on the game.

as for the incest, wish the sex scenes where incest type ones when you fuck your son. Might also add in a start where you have a father or mother.

Please be aware that when I read messages like the above, they tend to make me a little disappointed. I'm adding in a lot of content, and the way the above is written comes across as more of a demand.

I understand that likely wasn't your intent, however, my initial impression wasn't good. Also, even if it isn't a demand, the end result is pretty much the same - if you want to see some specific kind of content, and I've not mentioned it in my plans, then you've two options. 1 - make your own mod that has the content you want to see. 2 - I do accept contributions to Dark World Reborn. If you're not comfortable with the code behind part - but you're willing to write out the narrative text and provide the images for the event, then I'll handle the code behind part. Just direct message me here in LoversLab if you want to go the contribution route.

14 hours ago, solrane said:

Hey Dewguru, I've got the same bug as Threvston, though this time with Miss Martian, also a few years after the Professor shows up like he mentioned above, not sure if that helps.   **EDIT** Also it appears that it caused my character to become friends with her, but other than that, it seems survivable so far. looking forward to the mind control related stuff you mentioned above.

Yeah, if you've used the Mind Control targeting - it's doing the same thing against your character. Not entirely bad, but it could be inconvenient. I'm going to aim to have an update out by this weekend at the latest to either stop the ai from targeting the player (easiest - time limited option), or to allow partial targeting (minor time involvement - allowing things like just the forced friendship). It is good to see that players are being targeted though, as it does open some options with additional game play. Female ruler - with Charles Xavier... *let me train you like I've trained the young women before me.* But that'd be wrapped up in a later update as it'd be more involved.

4 hours ago, TrxXx said:

I've gone down the Path of the Flesh for Lichdom but when I get the Monster's Ball event I still get the option to pursue Lichdom, not sure if intended. Also, in relation to that, I can always select to gain 3 Learning through the same event and as I'm immortal, I can gain essentially infinite Learning (again, not sure if intended).

So far, whenever my slaves have money and it's transfered to me the notification pop-up doesn't display how much has been given (if need be, I'll upload a screenshot next time it happens).

If you buy the Futa potion from the Wizard's Tower, you only gain the Futa trait with no additional traits (unlike DWLilith.220).

You shouldn't be able to 'double-dip' in Lichdom. I'll take a look a the event.

The Learning is more of a fall back, and yes, intended. Ideally though, you won't be getting the same exact ball year after year, although if you're filtering out a lot of content, it could be hitting a lot more than intended. Hrm... I may need to add empty events to spread out things like that, as ideally - if you're seeing the same ball options more than say once every 20 years, and it's not just a RNG fluke, then it's hitting too often.

With your slaves, is the pop-up saying something like "I received    from Jasmine" - as though there should be a value, but it's not showing up?

Thanks on the potion mention - I'll take a look at it.

I think I had the Monster's Ball event twice in a row, for the first time I picked Lichdom then learning twice and for the second, learning three times (since I can just keep selecting the same options on the wrap-around). I was just wondering if it was intended as I could get 9 learning per event if I so wish but if it is then I'll limit myself in the future. I think it was a RNG fluke though, as I had the normal ball event after that and nothing since.

Regarding the slave pop-up, that's exactly the case (on my end at the least).

2 hours ago, TrxXx said:

I think I had the Monster's Ball event twice in a row, for the first time I picked Lichdom then learning twice and for the second, learning three times (since I can just keep selecting the same options on the wrap-around). I was just wondering if it was intended as I could get 9 learning per event if I so wish but if it is then I'll limit myself in the future. I think it was a RNG fluke though, as I had the normal ball event after that and nothing since.

Regarding the slave pop-up, that's exactly the case (on my end at the least).

I think the issue is because the way I had the localization is it was looking for the variable on the player (ROOT), instead of the slave. Can you drop the attached file in your localization folder and let me know if it works?

Note - not tested, all I did though was adjust the one line from [dw_scaled_wealth_var.GetValue] to [dw_target_slave.dw_scaled_wealth_var.GetValue].

dw_slave_events.csv

1 minute ago, Doomsday8931 said:

It seems that orc and elf children don't get their racial portraits only the racial traits. Is there some out of their skin mechanic I don't know about?

Hrm. No... Could very well be an oversight on my end. I'll double-check.

In the previous version I noticed my prisoners kept disappearing, after looking into it further it seems like as soon as I imprison someone, anyone in the realm who is a vampire can start feeding on them and they quickly die due to low health, and their death gets registered to the vampire AI's kill list. Is that something that's fixed here?

Also can you remove a racial portrait and instead use the basic game portrait for the player or AI character via the console command?

18 minutes ago, Yanslana said:

In the previous version I noticed my prisoners kept disappearing, after looking into it further it seems like as soon as I imprison someone, anyone in the realm who is a vampire can start feeding on them and they quickly die due to low health, and their death gets registered to the vampire AI's kill list. Is that something that's fixed here?

Also can you remove a racial portrait and instead use the basic game portrait for the player or AI character via the console command?

I wasn't aware that folks where having an issue with vampire courtiers sucking their prisoners dry, so that's likely still in there.

If things are working correctly, any custom portraits added by DWR can be removed by right-clicking on the character and choosing to remove the custom portrait. Now, there is a chance that they may turn around and add another to themselves later in some circumstances, although most of those instances should also include another decision that says to remove it and not allow another.

Edit: according to how the Feed on Prisoners works, is the vampire should be a ruler. So it shouldn't be your average run of the mill courtier feeding on them. Are you using any other mods that include vampire functionality?

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

I think the issue is because the way I had the localization is it was looking for the variable on the player (ROOT), instead of the slave. Can you drop the attached file in your localization folder and let me know if it works?

Note - not tested, all I did though was adjust the one line from [dw_scaled_wealth_var.GetValue] to [dw_target_slave.dw_scaled_wealth_var.GetValue].

dw_slave_events.csv 5.13 kB · 3 downloads

Hmm, it now says "I received 0 from Jasmine" but they had money on them which got transferred.

Edit: figured it out, set_variable need to be changed to export_to_variable and the value needs to be wealth, then it shows the amount (though to 3 decimal places).

40 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Edit: according to how the Feed on Prisoners works, is the vampire should be a ruler. So it shouldn't be your average run of the mill courtier feeding on them. Are you using any other mods that include vampire functionality?

I am using Luxuria Fantasia which I think has vampire functionality; and yeah, I think they are getting eaten by other rulers in the realm. For example, prisoner X was in my dungeon, and then suddenly they would have illness traits, then dies, but when I mouse hover over the red skull on their portrait, it would say they died in the dungeon of ruler Y instead of my dungeon.

8 hours ago, Yanslana said:

I am using Luxuria Fantasia which I think has vampire functionality; and yeah, I think they are getting eaten by other rulers in the realm. For example, prisoner X was in my dungeon, and then suddenly they would have illness traits, then dies, but when I mouse hover over the red skull on their portrait, it would say they died in the dungeon of ruler Y instead of my dungeon.

Well, I had the scope of the decision set to realm, instead of just court, which it should be in order to ensure that you don't have ruling vassals tapping into your stock. It'll be in the update I release this week that will address some of the other items raised above.

I got the ball event where I managed to invite Dracula's daughter Mavis and her friend Ell to my court. I had them as prisoners but the event where they want to seduce me still managed to pop up, also Ell who was a futa managed to marry my non-imprisoned courtier despite being imprisoned.

16 minutes ago, Yanslana said:

I got the ball event where I managed to invite Dracula's daughter Mavis and her friend Ell to my court. I had them as prisoners but the event where they want to seduce me still managed to pop up, also Ell who was a futa managed to marry my non-imprisoned courtier despite being imprisoned.

If you were their liege, and you didn't do any marriage arrangement, then it sounds like another mod, as in every game I've played, my courtiers only marry those who I tell them they can. I'll take a look at the seduction decision. It's likely missing the prisoner = no requirement, but I've nothing on your marriage issue.

2 hours ago, Voidstorm said:

Is it possible to change the racial picture for yourself? I keep getting the same 3 when becoming a demon.

For some things yes. Demon's not so much. They're going to be the next portion I dive into.

1 hour ago, F3NlX said:

It seems that i can only get one racial picture for elves, and my children don't get one at all, even though they have the trait.

No idea why you're only getting one racial picture for elves. I can't reproduce that. The issue with the kids - is mentioned near the top of the page.

Edit: Prior page. :)

31 minutes ago, dewguru said:

If you were their liege, and you didn't do any marriage arrangement, then it sounds like another mod, as in every game I've played, my courtiers only marry those who I tell them they can. I'll take a look at the seduction decision. It's likely missing the prisoner = no requirement, but I've nothing on your marriage issue.

Cool thanks! I found the marriage issue in the other mod, looks like they didn't have a check for whether the futa is a prisoner or not. Thanks so much!

Hi boss,

So I currently have a character that first gained the Alpha (dw_alpha_being) modifier from the feral werewolf event chain then got the Beast Bitch (dw_werewolf_bitch) modifier from being dominated by Fenris. I'm assuming these two shouldn't both be true at the same time.

Also, can the "The Collector" (dw_hvevents.1210) event be disabled if there are no artifacts left to purchase? The event pops up quite frequently with the only option being "Nothing for me this time."

Thanks boss.

3 hours ago, Voidstorm said:

Alright, many thanks for the info. Something like what Cheri did would be cool, but it would also be nice to allow the player to pick without having it random. Excited to see what you do next.

I'm not familiar with what Cheri did, so I can't speak to that. I don't see my setting up something to allow a specific one to be selected, however, I will likely include the ability to basically re-roll your randomly assigned image as often as you want. That functionality is already there for some other race images.

3 hours ago, aMemorandum said:

Hi boss,

So I currently have a character that first gained the Alpha (dw_alpha_being) modifier from the feral werewolf event chain then got the Beast Bitch (dw_werewolf_bitch) modifier from being dominated by Fenris. I'm assuming these two shouldn't both be true at the same time.

Also, can the "The Collector" (dw_hvevents.1210) event be disabled if there are no artifacts left to purchase? The event pops up quite frequently with the only option being "Nothing for me this time."

Thanks boss.

That is correct - if you're an alpha, you shouldn't be getting hit up as a bitch later. I'll take a look at the Fenris visit to add a check.

Okay, I'm working to wrap up the next update. It's a small one, primarily being an update with just fixes. Interestingly, many of these have existed and simply haven't been brought up previously.

So - the demon overhaul work is not in this update. I know I said it'd be next, however, I wanted to focus on addressing some of these issues before getting too wrapped up.

I'm guessing it'll be a late Friday release (my time zone).

Here's the likely change log.

v1.84 (Dark World Reborn)
    - NOTE: This update is compatible with Save Games created with DWR version 1.83. Save games with prior versions of DWR will break.
    - Small update for those rulers (players) being on the receiving end of Mind Control attempts - it originally was not intended, however, as the mod has added mind_control characters, players can now be faced with being on the receiving end. (thx for pointing out the oversight Threvston and Solrane)
    - Fixed an issue with localization not displaying money from a prostitute slave (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed an issue where races that do not have a coming out of their skin type decision, were not receiving the chance for a custom image when they became an adult. (thx Doomsday8931)
    - Fixed an issue where vassal vampires could raid your prison cells and feed. Changed the scope of effect from realm to court. (thx Yanslana)
    - Fixed an issue where some vampires were able to do vampire things, even when they were prisoners. (thx Yanslana)
    - Fixed an issue where one could double-dip on Lich knowledge (not that it provided any additional benefit) (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed an issue where Fenris would take an Alpha and make her into a Bitch, which is not supposed to happen. (thx aMemorandum)

3 hours ago, TrxXx said:

As I can't see it in the change log, did you take a look at those potion issues I mentioned (Wizard Tower futa, Alchemist fortune and diplo)?

Nope, completely overlooked that one apparently.

Edit: Fortune fix is using the if, if_else, else functionality that wasn't an option when that event was originally created. Life got so much easier when they added that functionality.

Bug report:

1) When I capture lords, bishops, mayors etc. and I brand them, they don't stay in my court, they return to their holdings...

This seemed to work better in the previous versions:

FROM = {
            add_trait = branded_slave
            abdicate = yes #If the person is landed, it should pass onto their heirs.
        }

2) When I sell branded slaves, and they have money on them, they take it with them instead of being stripped from their possessions, money artifacts etc.!

3) When I refuse Heroes/Villains, who come asking if they could stay in my court, they seem to appear in their dynasty tree and not disappearing for good. You have done an excellent job with the new ones though, Dr X, Thanos, etc. which gives just a small prestige bonus, if I refuse! I'm not sure if you understood what I meant with those events... ?

4) Starfire constantly has a Parrot issue and the event seems to fire pretty often.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Drax70 said:

Bug report:

1) When I capture lords, bishops, mayors etc. and I brand them, they don't stay in my court, they return to their holdings...

2) When I sell branded slaves, and they have money on them, they take it with them instead of being stripped from their possessions, money artifacts etc.!

3) When I refuse Heroes/Villains, who come asking if they could stay in my court, they seem to appear in their dynasty tree and not disappearing for good. You have done an excellent job with the new ones though, Dr X, Thanos, etc. which gives just a small prestige bonus, if I refuse! I'm not sure if you understood what I meant with those events... ?

4) Starfire constantly has a Parrot issue and the event seems to fire pretty often.

Thanks!

1 - Very possible. I don't believe I included anything to force them to abdicate their role. I'll take a look at fixing this.

2 - I'm not really interested in getting to caught up in stripping possessions. If you want to write up some inventory management code, I'll look at including it.

3 - What option are you choosing? If you choose the 2nd one, they leave for a neighbor and stay in the game. If you choose the 3rd one, it kill vanishes them. Sure, they'll still appear as a visible object in something like a dynasty tree, however, unless I've the historical tag on them, they shouldn't get saved and they'll get cleaned out like other also rans in the game. I don't see this as an issue, unless you can convince me that it is one.

4 - RNG. It's not weighted more or less than any other one.

On 6/15/2020 at 2:04 AM, TrxXx said:

The new update is great, I like all the new images (plus the alternate ones). I've not had the chance to mess around with some of the other new stuff yet though.

I did discover a little bug or two, in the DWCourt.230 event if you have a stewardship score of 7 or higher it won't clear the shopping flags. Moving the hidden effect to either an after block or an immediate block should fix it. In addition, if you already have the fortune potion active, then if you randomly roll the potion again and select it, you'll have to spend 50 gold no matter what and not gain any effects (I think this happens with the diplo boost potion as well).

One thing - I am leaving it where someone can be charged 50 gold if they select the same potion - reason being is that by drinking another say Fortune Potion when you've already got one active, is it should extend the modifier again. So there is benefit. If the user chooses to use it too soon and thus minimize any benefit, well, that's on them.

I've used this method successfully in the past, drinking another in the final month to extend the effect back out. If it no longer functions like that, then I'll look at giving the person an out option.

The Silver Tongue potion doesn't have a break, and shouldn't have an issue in clearing flags. It's an even trickier one for someone, as its duration effect is random. So if someone drinks one again too soon, they might not see it extend the duration out at all. Drinking that one with 90+ days remaining on your buff is a bad move.

Note: I don't see a reason to stop someone from making a poor decision. The ONLY way I would put some kind of check/block on these potions is if drinking one in it's final month or two, didn't reapply the affect and thus extend out the duration like it used to work.

52 minutes ago, dewguru said:

1 - Very possible. I don't believe I included anything to force them to abdicate their role. I'll take a look at fixing this.

2 - I'm not really interested in getting to caught up in stripping possessions. If you want to write up some inventory management code, I'll look at including it.

3 - What option are you choosing? If you choose the 2nd one, they leave for a neighbor and stay in the game. If you choose the 3rd one, it kill vanishes them. Sure, they'll still appear as a visible object in something like a dynasty tree, however, unless I've the historical tag on them, they shouldn't get saved and they'll get cleaned out like other also rans in the game. I don't see this as an issue, unless you can convince me that it is one.

4 - RNG. It's not weighted more or less than any other one.

1) Ok, I kidnaped a branded bishop and I tried to sell him, with the first option, to a lord, but he stays in my prison and each time I try to sell him I get 50!

2) Inventory management code? But isn't it possible to add something like "if he has artifacts, to transfer them to my inventory"??? Not sure if this is possible, but that would be awesome to strip a lord from his sword and armor, if he has them!

Anyway, if it is too much trouble for you, I will do some research and I'll come back to you!!! ?

3) I choose the 3rd one that makes them vanish and they appear in their dynasty tree. But never mind, It's not an issue. It's just that the new way is much better, it gives me some prestige, kills the event and there is no need to fill the world with characters...

The vanila game produces characters constantly to reach the maximum number in the world, wouldn't it, at some point become unstable or see some weird stuff going on, like my 3 year old son/daughter "died a natural death" etc.. I have seen this in overhaul mods and people have complaint about it!

4) RNG???

14 minutes ago, Drax70 said:

1) Ok, I kidnaped a branded bishop and I tried to sell him, with the first option, to a lord, but he stays in my prison and each time I try to sell him I get 50!

2) Inventory management code? But isn't it possible to add something like "if he has artifacts, to transfer them to my inventory"??? Not sure if this is possible, but that would be awesome to strip a lord from his sword and armor, if he has them!

Anyway, if it is too much trouble for you, I will do some research and I'll come back to you!!! ?

3) I choose the 3rd one that makes them vanish and they appear in their dynasty tree. But never mind, It's not an issue. It's just that the new way is much better, it gives me some prestige, kills the event and there is no need to fill the world with characters...

The vanila game produces characters constantly to reach the maximum number in the world, wouldn't it, at some point become unstable or see some weird stuff going on, like my 3 year old son/daughter "died a natural death" etc.. I have seen this in overhaul mods and people have complaint about it!

4) RNG???

1 - Why is he still in your prison? Once someone is made a slave, they're pulled out of the prison, unless you changed something. If you made them a slave, then put them back into prison, then I could see it being an exploitable issue. However, there should be an option to claim slaves that you have in your prison, although it'd suffer the same issue with them potentially leaving if they're a ruler somewhere else. That part at least will be fixed in the next update. So I'm not too worried about leaving the exploit. If someone wants to spend time repeatedly clicking on sell to generate cash instead of doing a quick console cash command, then all the more power to them.

2 - It's not that it's troublesome, it's a lack of my wanting to do it. I'm sure what you think could be added definitely could be. I'm just not interested in it at all. It'd be like you asking me to add a scat based event where your children shit all over you while the court cheers the event. I've no desire to add that event, and I've no desire to add artifact swapping. I've other things I'd rather spend my time on. If you create something that works without issue, then sure, I'll incorporate it.

3 - You're really not being clear here. Vanilla CK2 has court size limitations. You can turn these off. Turning them off can lead to potential performance issues down the road. Leaving it on, and reaching your court limit - can result in the game 'pruning' people quickly. Even though it prunes them, they still appear in a dynasty tree where applicable, for at least a little time. Characters who aren't set to be historical, and who don't fit a couple other check points, at some point are culled from the game. Supposedly from what I've read, one point where this can be forced is when one saves a game and then reloads it. Most characters in this mod can be ignored or at least hoisted off on your neighbor (flood their court and folks will get pruned naturally). There are some characters in this mod that have the historical tag due to high demand. The historical tag is supposed to protect a character from vanilla CK2 pruning. So if CK2 decides "it's time to kill some bitches", it'll spare those with the historical tag. So, still not completely certain about what your point is, as the dynasty tree has nothing to do with court size. It can lead to late, late game performance issues and save game bloat, however, most of those entries should disappear over time - unless they're set as historical, or they meet one of the other check points, which an individual being immediately kill/vanished shouldn't trigger.

4 - Random Number Generator. The Starfire Parrot event is not weighted more or less than any other events. So let's say you've got Robin and Starfire. You're just as likely to get Robin's tech event as you are to get Starfire's Parrot event.