Blue scren on new RAMs

I have Asus P7P55D-E mother board. Bios is updated to the latest version 1601. Motherboard support up to 16 GB DDR memory. Supported memory sticks  are 2 GB and 4GB from 1300 up to 2200. Until now I had 8GB Ram divided in 4X2 GB. I got recently 2X 4GB 1600 ram. When I placed them into their slots, I'm getting blue screens. I tried everything; manual BIOS tuning, clearing BIOS and who knows what else. I even placed one 4 GB stick and still getting blue screen. The BIOS recognized new Ram but when loading Windows I'm getting blue screen. I even tried to reinstall Windows, and I got the same result. But those Rams work on another computer. I change them with a new ones from another ones, no help. I searched the net and Asus manual, troubleshooter and similar things for answer but none tip could help.

Anyone has any suggestion?

Do you use the xmp profile?

The timings are good and within specification?

If so, try to manual and change the CAS, if you have 9-9-9-11, test 9-10-9-11 or 10-10-9-11 etc.

Have you tried to increase slightly the voltage of memory?

And if that's not working you can also slightly increase the VTT.

If none of this works, it may be that they are recent modules and they can not be 100% compatible with p55 gen, 

have you checked on the manufacturer's site?

komotor - thanks for suggestions. I tried all. An hour ago I came with another 4 GB memory sticks. Same problem. I did rose voltage from 2.0 (default) to 2.5 which manufacturer say it's the highest I can rise although memory on 1600 doesn't need higher voltage.

When my father bought this mother board it was very expensive and never had a problem until now. I'm greatly disappointing. So far, Asus published 4-5 Bios fixes for memory compatibility and nothing helps this piece of shit. I'm doomed to have 8 GB memory forever although MB supports 16 GB. Support my ass. Fucking Asus freaks. My father always bought Asus products and was very satisfied. He'll be sad to see this if he'd be alive.

The worst thing is that I can't even install Windows. It doesn't let me.

2.0V for the memory, no mistake?!

Is too much, ddr3 is more arround 1.5, 1.65v.

2.0-2.2V is for old overclocked ddr2.

If you put 2.0V on your ddr3 memory, it's overvolted and can cause crashs.

Check in Ai tweaker because it seems odd to me.

Ddr3 modules that need more than 1.65v for 1600 are simply bad.

But Asus and memory compatibility too.. All the asus p55 series has isues with that.

And out of curiosity, you tried to 1333?
This is the maximum officially supported by this gen cpu.
All higher frequencies are supported by the motherboard. And the will of asus.

If it does not work it's a big problem of compatibility, your best bet would be to find older certified modules.

I put 1.85 V although I moved the jumper from 1.5 (default) to 2.5 just in case, but it didn't help. Motherboard reduced the voltage from 2.5 to 1.85 and that's all.

Yea, Asus stinks with memory moduls tweaking.

I spent hours and hours on Asus page and similar "blue screen issues" pages and about memory and Bios tweaking and troubleshooting. Nothing helped. Tried 1333 manual,y didn't help. It simply doesn't want to accept 4GB modules although they claim that its permanently fixed with 1601 Bios fix. Few people had same issue like me and they recommend to rise up memory voltage but it didn't help. Stupid motherboard always reported memory conflict.

Thank you very much for trying to help. I appreciate it. I'm so tired with all this stupid fucking nonsense with memory that I will give up. It already spent 24 hours in trying to fix it and it doesn't work.

If it does not work by increasing the values of Timmings, voltages ram & vtt and even with 1333 ...

Do not waste your time with these memory.

If you really want to try again with other models, check compatibility, and favors low voltage models that have tendency to behave better with this chipset.

Yea, before I bought new memory, I checked the compatibility. Mushkin, Kingston and Kingmax are memory that are compatible with this mother board. If I didn't spen my save on the new graphic car, I would certainly buy a new mother board and processor. The other problem is that my best friend was willing to exchange his (newer) mother board and processor so I can play Skyrim with ENB but he gave up from that idea because he can't upgrade the memory. All three versions of memory that I had G-Skill, Mushkin and Kingmax works on his mother board but mine. Arrrrghhh.

OK, conclusion of his drama is:

- there is no way that RAM issue can be fixed until Asus provides a new Bios patch to this series of MBs. But the last patch was 3 years ago and it looks like nothing is going to change. I feel sorry for owners of this MB.

This thread can be locked. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

you say the old rams worked fine, ok do this , install 1 2gb ram stick into slot one closest to your cpu, install windows and then shut down pc, and remove that stick and put your new ram modules in in slot one and slot 3 set them to the lowest profile stated on your ram sticks or factory default specs in other words either all black slot dimms or all blue slot dimms

as i am typing this i just realized an important ? is are you running matched ram or different ram makers as a pair to make up to 16gb hopefully they are matched, also set your mem voltages back to stock values 1.5 or 1.65 2.0 is too high as previously mentioned

lastly what version of windows are you trying to install

you say the old rams worked fine, ok do this , install 1 2gb ram stick into slot one closest to your cpu, install windows and then shut down pc, and remove that stick and put your new ram modules in in slot one and slot 3 set them to the lowest profile stated on your ram sticks or factory default specs in other words either all black slot dimms or all blue slot dimms

as i am typing this i just realized an important ? is are you running matched ram or different ram makers as a pair to make up to 16gb hopefully they are matched, also set your mem voltages back to stock values 1.5 or 1.65 2.0 is too high as previously mentioned

lastly what version of windows are you trying to install

thanks for suggestions my friend - did all you said. Is not working. The problem is in Bios that do not support 4 GB sticks as it should. Even single 4GB doesn't work and I tried 3 different manufactures that are compatible with that MB.

Believe me my friend, I'm no a nub in this. Have several years of experience in this area. :)  The reason why I didn't mention all I did in details is because of my limited English.

Archived