Annoying neck seam & color difference when using Adorable Faces

First, here's an image of the situation:

post-882126-0-86874500-1453091826_thumb.png <----- neck seam + neck & head is darker

Here's what I've done:

1. Installed Diamonized UNP (UNP base skinny body)

2. Installed fair skin complexion without choosing subsurface scattering or specular maps, and installed freckle textures, eye texture, eyebrow textures, and additional shapes.

3. Installed Adorable faces without selecting either of the available options

4. Loaded the game

After I saw this I found a mod called Neckseam Fix for Adorable faces, and still got this same result.

Not sure what's wrong here. Could anyone help me out with this?

I am using Mod Organizer, and all mods listed are literally the only ones installed... (besides official Skyrim DLC)

Have to say, from the pic it looks more like an entire head discoloration rather than a neck seam.

Are you using a custom race?

Open the female head .nif and check where the textures are loaded from. It should be from the default female texture folder.

Reading this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2416814-adorable-face/page-11 it looks like it's a UNP problem with Adorable face. Page 11 onwards some posters have worked out how to fix the seam manually.

Have to say, from the pic it looks more like an entire head discoloration rather than a neck seam.

Open the female head .nif and check where the textures are loaded from. It should be from the default female texture folder.

Reading this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2416814-adorable-face/page-11 it looks like it's a UNP problem with Adorable face. Page 11 onwards some posters have worked out how to fix the seam manually.

As stated earlier, the only mods on my MO are UNP, Adorable Faces, Fair Skin Complexion, and official Skyrim DLC.  

I'll check out the post you've linked.

I've read onwards and someone said use NifSkope... no idea how to use that. Maybe I'll try to find a patch somewhere on the Nexus.

I've read onwards and someone said use NifSkope... no idea how to use that. Maybe I'll try to find a patch somewhere on the Nexus.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56730-annoying-neck-seam-on-fair-skin-complexion-adorable-faces/

Read past the nifskope part and someone has a suggestion how to fix it by using Photoshop with a DDS plugin, if you have it.

Edit: I remember now, I had this problem too and forgot about it. I even installed the rubbish neck seam fix mod that doesn't seem to work for anyone and posted in there lol :)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56730-annoying-neck-seam-on-fair-skin-complexion-adorable-faces/

Read past the nifskope part and someone has a suggestion how to fix it by using Photoshop with a DDS plugin, if you have it.

Edit: I remember now, I had this problem too and forgot about it. I even installed the rubbish neck seam fix mod that doesn't seem to work for anyone and posted in there lol :)

Photoshop exired for me years ago, and I yep, the neck seam "fix" mod needs to be fixed. 

I've searched around and haven't found an open-source mod with the solution. I'll probably just find a different body type and hope it's recognized by Fair Skin Complexion & Adorable Faces. :/

Photoshop exired for me years ago, and I yep, the neck seam "fix" mod needs to be fixed. 

I've searched around and haven't found an open-source mod with the solution. I'll probably just find a different body type and hope it's recognized by Fair Skin Complexion & Adorable Faces. :/

Truthfully, I just uninstalled Adorable Face back then. With the newer Racemenu (since Adorable Face), you can make any face type you want with sculpt and all the new sliders etc making any change possible.

Edit: Oh and I was using CBBE.. so it's not just a UNP issue. I still use Fair Skin, though.

Truthfully, I just uninstalled Adorable Face back then. With the newer Racemenu (since Adorable Face), you can make any face type you want with sculpt and all the new sliders etc making any change possible.

Edit: Oh and I was using CBBE.. so it's not just a UNP issue.

Does the new Race Menu allow for color changes as well? I could probably go in and fix her up that way.

Does the new Race Menu allow for color changes as well? I could probably go in and fix her up that way.

Color changes? You can change skin color, makeup colors, lip color.. pretty much anything. Plus you can select your own colors (including brightness, luminosity etc) and not be limited to slider options.

Color changes? You can change skin color, makeup colors, lip color.. pretty much anything. Plus you can select your own colors (including brightnes, luminosity etc) and not be limited to slider options.

Sorry for the confusion although you answered my question. :)

I'll see what I can do and hope this fixes up the neck & color difference issue. Thanks for your help! Going to reply back tomorrow with results.

Good luck!

But know that you can't only select the head color, when changing 'body' color it changes both head and body. But I definitely recommend trying out Racemenu. With so many options you don't really need the Adorable Face mod, in my opinion anyway.

Edit: Hmm.. there may be a way. I'll let you know.

Edit: Ok. I remember now. There are things called 'Overlays' that can be used with Racemenu and will color only head or neck. Nexus might still have mods that do that but they may be old and not compatible now. You should research it. Neck seam overlays for Racemenu.

Archived