Hello, new to forum and having trouble with Custom race

Hello everyone, new to forum and i hope for someone who will enlight me with those mods.

So, i literally spent around 20 hours trying to make my mods work properly.

I finally had success making a body with bodyslide, and put it into the game and adding the bounce physics etc.

Now i have one last (huge) problem, i want my player to have a unique body, so i heard i need to have a custom race. 

So, i created a body with bodyslide (the normal one i want npcs to have) and made a mod of this files(i am using mod organizer).

Then i created the body for my temptress , and put the body files inside her folder, then i batched the build for armor sets for her body.

2 problems i have now, cant understand:

1-temptress nude textures are completely messed up.

2-npcs still have same body as my temptress when wearing armors, but they have the body i want when they are naked....

Please somebody help me im getting crazy with those mods.

Thx in advance and sry for bad english.

Hello.

Creating a new playable race is not easy.

Just a small advice: try to follow the steps from "Guide to create a follower) in my signature.

But at the end, you will NOT create a follower but a playable race.

thx for answer man, i followed any possible guide but i really get over this problem, i just downloaded temptress race and it works fine in game, the only problem is how to give her a unique body, with armors matching her body, i dont need a follower, just the character i play

To have a unique body for the player you need a custom race.

The custom race can have a unique boy.

About the clothes, they just be available for the race you defined, and of course use the same "body" inside. (This may require a huge amount of time to be done.)

Again, what do you have to do is not really different from creating a follower with a custom race.

Of curse you don't need all the "follower stuff" (dialogues, factions, and also the whole NPC, etc.)

To have a unique body for the player you need a custom race.

The custom race can have a unique boy.

About the clothes, they just be available for the race you defined, and of course use the same "body" inside. (This may require a huge amount of time to be done.)

Again, what do you have to do is not really different from creating a follower with a custom race.

Of curse you don't need all the "follower stuff" (dialogues, factions, and also the whole NPC, etc.)

My temptress custom race actuaally has a unique body when naked, the problem i really dont understand is why, npc have a different body when naked (the one i gave them) but when wearing armors they have to same body as my temptress, do i do something wrong with batch build? is it possible to batch build ONLY for my temptress? or remodeling armors ONLY for my temptress? i think this is the problem.

When installing remodel armor mod it says i have to choose from vanilal replacer and standlone( need to replace vanilla armor at tanning rack) what does it mean?

Thx in advance

The body that is used when wearing an armor is the body defined in the armor itself.

So probably you added the armors fro your player race with the correct body, but this armor is used also by normal NPCs with a different race body, and so you get the "wrong" body.

The body that is used when wearing an armor is the body defined in the armor itself.

So probably you added the armors fro your player race with the correct body, but this armor is used also by normal NPCs with a different race body, and so you get the "wrong" body.

yess man i think too, how can i solve this problem??? im killing myself trying to find a solution

Maybe you need to work a little with body side and NifSkope.

If my understanding is correct, you want your player with a specific body that is not the normal basic body you use for NPCs.

Then you just have to define (duplicate) the armors for your player, and edit them to be available only for the race of the player (that will define the NIF for the basic body.)

In case the body used by the armors is not the same as the body used by you player you need to work with NifSkope to replace the internal body, and probably Outfit Studio, to make the mash of the armors to fit correctly to the body you defined.

Maybe you need to work a little with body side and NifSkope.

If my understanding is correct, you want your player with a specific body that is not the normal basic body you use for NPCs.

Then you just have to define (duplicate) the armors for your player, and edit them to be available only for the race of the player (that will define the NIF for the basic body.)

In case the body used by the armors is not the same as the body used by you player you need to work with NifSkope to replace the internal body, and probably Outfit Studio, to make the mash of the armors to fit correctly to the body you defined.

exatly man, i finally had my unique (naked) body, the only problem left are the armors, so i basically need to batch build for NPCS and batch build for my custom race unique body in the same time.... both nifskope and outfit studio are so hard to understand...any tip how to do this procedure?.... really appreciate ur help man...

Whoa. That can be a tutorial that will last forever.

Just a single key point:

in Skyrim Armors are associated with race.

If the race as the wrong body then the armor will look bad.

When you are creating your set of armors, maybe you have to work in CK to set them only for the correct race.

This may require some time depending on how many armors you are converting.

(Body Slide does not help, it converts ALL the armors.)

Whoa. That can be a tutorial that will last forever.

Just a single key point:

in Skyrim Armors are associated with race.

If the race as the wrong body then the armor will look bad.

When you are creating your set of armors, maybe you have to work in CK to set them only for the correct race.

This may require some time depending on how many armors you are converting.

(Body Slide does not help, it converts ALL the armors.)

thx for your time friend, unfrtunately i have completely no clue how to use ck nor how to create armor sets, i think i will try the standalone option in the remodeled armor mod... one last thing if i may, any idea how the standalone thign works? (it says to go to tanning rack to convert vanilla armors, and npc will not wear remodeled armors).

Hi.

I am not a super-expert of Outfit studio, I used it but pretty much only for specific clothes. Never did a batch build.

But I am pretty confident with CK, and I can give you some guidance to have ti done correctly.

would be lovely, i literally could pay you if u can help me getting this done.

I do everything for free.

I will NEVER ask for money.

Now, I am pretty busy in helping other modders/contributors/ and finishing a mod of mine.

But if you wish a little support (questions), just continue to post here.

I do everything for free.

I will NEVER ask for money.

Now, I am pretty busy in helping other modders/contributors/ and finishing a mod of mine.

But if you wish a little support (questions), just continue to post here.

Do you by any chance know how does the standalone feature with armor remodeler mod works? once again i am unable to find proper instructions, this might save me some time.

I go to tanning rack as it says but i cant convert anything from there...

Archived