Help with porting a static mesh

yazza2014

I'd like to replace the pre-war money mesh with a new one. The main problem I have with the original is that there is no back of the stack, it just mirrors the front of the stack.

I found a new suitable model and did a basic port with 3DS MAX, I followed a similar procedure to Skyrim. I've had some success, the mesh is ported, but it appears to be shiny and has no physics. What I mean by no physics is that you can drop the item from your inventory and it floats mid air, you also can't pick up the item is it's in the environment.

I'd like someone here to properly port the mesh, I've included a 3DS MAX file that has the new mesh positioned over the old one (just as an import) and nothing else done to it. So it should serve as a good base for a port.

If needed, I can provide the original nif file for pre-war money. Also, if anyone can provide a tutorial for porting just static meshes, it would be appreciated. I haven't found much through Google.

Fallout 4 pre-war money.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you've already figured it out, but if not...

You have your Glossiness set to 10 in the shaderproperty so that's why it's shiny. You're also missing your bhkNPCollisionObject so the physics won't work. You'd need to build a collision for this mesh.

An easier idea might be to use the collision from the original NIF in yours since they're pretty much the same shape. I've lowered the Glossiness to 1 and attached the original physics to this NIF if you want to try it.

Money_Prewar.nif

• 1 month later...

I'm sure you've already figured it out, but if not...

You have your Glossiness set to 10 in the shaderproperty so that's why it's shiny. You're also missing your bhkNPCollisionObject so the physics won't work. You'd need to build a collision for this mesh.

An easier idea might be to use the collision from the original NIF in yours since they're pretty much the same shape. I've lowered the Glossiness to 1 and attached the original physics to this NIF if you want to try it.

Thanks a lot. You'll be given credit for the new mesh in my mod.

Any detailed tutorials? Also, sorry for responding late.

I'll try and port some weapons from an Elder Scrolls game and see how that works.

Archived