Ok Something is causing my game to crash on save.

Deathmaw

So something is causing my Skyrim to crash on save. I have been playing with my current setup for a couple of weeks no problem.

Then the other day I updated:

HDT Bounce and Jiggles XML from 7 to 7.3

and Alternate Start - Live Another Life from 3.07 to 3.1

and XPMSE to the latest version.

Since doing that everytime I load my old save and try to make a new save it instantly CTD's.

Any idea?

So something is causing my Skyrim to crash on save. I have been playing with my current setup for a couple of weeks no problem.

Then the other day I updated:

HDT Bounce and Jiggles XML from 7 to 7.3

and Alternate Start - Live Another Life from 3.07 to 3.1

and XPMSE to the latest version.

Since doing that everytime I load my old save and try to make a new save it instantly CTD's.

Any idea?

Did you run LOOT again?

Did you run FNIS again?

Did you check the Alternate Start mod page for update information? Sometimes mods require deactivating and then saving the game (sometimes in NPC free areas) and then installation of the update.

Some mods, like XPMSE, require other mods installed first and then overwriting in the correct order.

This has happened to me multiple times before. You might want to uninstall everything updated including your body mod and any idle animations for the pc.

Once complete reinstall in this order (EXACTLY):

-HDT Physics

-Your Body Mod

-Skeleton

-pc Idle Animations

-Other Mods.

For a short explanation of why you should do this. If you install the Skeleton incorrectly or update it in anyway without uninstalling and reinstalling the body mod, you will get instant crashes upon loading a save.

In the future if you ever need to update a Skeleton mod. Make sure to remove the previous version entirely and also your body mods, hdt, and idle animations.

Archived