View File

This is the Slooty Vault Suit, a Fallout 4 armor mod.
This mod was made possible by the gracious assistance of Caliente, 2pac4eva7, and the Loverslab community. Thanks.

This mod works standalone, but please consider it a resource that you may use in your own creations.

Created in Blender 2.76 - even the textures! Source files are included for anyone who may wish to modify it or use parts of it. If any part of them needs clarification, feel free to PM me.

Optional 4096^2 textures are also available, in red-black, sand-grey, and vault blue.

Optional suppord for Caliente's BodySlide has also been added.

Requirements:
CBBE body replacer by Caliente

Install:
Extract to the main installation folder.

How to acquire in-game:
The armor can be crafted at any chemistry workbench, under the "healing" category.

Alternatively, use the console:
-Type "help slooty 4",
-use the page up/down keys to find the FormID of the "slooty vault suit"
-Type "player.additem <FormID> 1", replacing "<FormID>" with the FormID
-The item will be added to your inventory.

Uninstall:
Delete the "Dixiepig" folders inside Data\Materials, Data\Meshes, and Data\Textures as well as the file "Data\slootyVaultSuit.esp".

This work is provided under the Creative Commons Atribuition 4.0 license. This means you are welcome to use it however you wish, provided that you credit the original author.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode

And also, thank you to Orphennoc for their lovely screenshots, and ShadowGearX for adding the modification options.

I'm new to the use of bodyslide and was wondering if you'd be able to post some bodyslide support files so it's a bit easier for me to mod the suit.  My expertise ends at selecting a preset, an outfit, and using batch build & build.  I tried messing around with the outfit studio function for over two hours and I seem to keep messing up.  I'm probably asking for a lot, so if it's too much trouble just ignore me.  By the way love the look of your mod.

Guest Mogie56

I didn't even know this was out yet, had been looking forward to it since you first opened the other thread. Bodacious work lovin it, Thank you.

Things seem to get a bit lost in the shuffle on here but happy I finally found it :)

Guest Mogie56

OMG I just found this on the Nexus, I'm sure glad I got it here first. The level of whining is just WOW...ROFLMFAO Hopefully your ignoring the comments over there. it seems to be all out war in there, one fool whining and everyone else jumping him for it....aw well such is life on the webs.

OMG I just found this on the Nexus, I'm sure glad I got it here first. The level of whining is just WOW...ROFLMFAO Hopefully your ignoring the comments over there. it seems to be all out war in there, one fool whining and everyone else jumping him for it....aw well such is life on the webs.

Bunch of children trying get what they want. This good example of why people keep mods private.

Downloaded and endorsed on Nexus. Just mostly going to wait for creation kit and more content. Putting this outfit on when i start a new game with mods.

Edit. Went to read some of the Nexus comments. There should probably be a rule not to request additions to mods from other mod authors. You have nothing to do with Bodyslide and should not be asked to be involved with other authors mod by random people. 

Like asking potato factory to make hamburgers because they are together a meal in a restaurant. :dodgy:  

Nice work, DixiePig. There's a "fix" for normal maps on Nexus. Have you seen it?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8s377/?

Never mind. Looks like you found it even before I did. ;)

I had thought that the normals were fine, but I think that the odd shader behaviour is indeed creating artifacts, having compared them to that mod.

However, the mod is a normal replacer, not a normal fixer: The author simply generated a map based on the diffuse texture, so all of my high-poly detail, such as the stitches, wrinkles, lining etc. are lost.

Guest Mogie56

LOL I like looking at the backside detail so a little shadow doesn't bother me :) hmm that shadow could just be a parasite trying to get inside her jumpsuit <--Sounds legit    ;)

Having trouble getting it to show in game. I'm using the High res textures, do you need the source files too?

If you're talking about getting the mod to work at all, then yes absolutely you need the source files.

For getting the bodyslide version to work, I think you need the source files? It doesn't contain the mesh in the proper location, I think you have to build it. Should I update the bodyslide version to have the CBBE mesh in the data folder?

I haven't done anything with bodyslide.  Once i download the source files, is there some way to keep the launcher from deactivating all installed mods? Seems like it does it once when the launcher opens and again when the game itself opens.

<Edit>

Deleting the shortcut made automatically by steam and making a shortcut that points to Fallout4.exe instead of Fallout4Launcher.exe gets around the automatic deactivation.  Thanks a million, Bethesda

For getting the bodyslide version to work, I think you need the source files? It doesn't contain the mesh in the proper location, I think you have to build it. Should I update the bodyslide version to have the CBBE mesh in the data folder?

The preset for your body (to get bodyslide working) has to go in:

"\Data\Tools\BodySlide\SliderPresets\"

And add a file called DixiePig.xml or Slooty.xml, whatever.

Also, the mod is listed as 1.4 but the files are all listed without versions except for the v1.37. IMHO, it's better to release a full pack with options for the alt textures, etc. Just my two cents. Nice work. ;)