Bondage and Mages immersion

ksd156

Hi, so I've occasionally found hard to justify to myself how items from mods like Devious devices are able to easily disable characters with high magical skills. Does anyone know of any mods which help immersion in this aspect( not the way the Bondage Witch mod does, but more justifying why these items are able to disable mages)?

Mostly because of Skyrim's engine limitations ^^

BWitch works by using a creative but very limited workaround that bypasses the need for animations. And essentially it comes down to the fact that maintaining the armbinder animations requires disabling combat controls because the animation of readying spells breaks the offset.

But now that alternate combat animation sets are possible and cedec is working on non-offset armbinder animations, it's possible that using magic in restraints may become technically viable on framework level in the near future.

As for lore reasons... there are none, really. Back in Morrowind slaves wore enchanted cuffs that drained their magicka but other than specifically enchanted devices like that, there's no reason why a mage shouldn't be able to Shout in an armbinder or cast spells while wearing a yoke. Although obviously it would make it a bit hard to aim them.

I head-canon it as being unable to perform the precise motions needed for magic use.

Same with a gag, yes, you still have the power of the Voice, but without being able to properly form the words, you are unable to use your Thu'um.

Although...I definitely want more "class-specific" items, like the "Little Helper" plugs.

Archived