Lordescobar's Moddable Piercings (for CBBE)

Just DL'd this mod and wanted to mash it up with other armors I'm working on however I can't see the objects in Outfit Studio or Bodyslide.

They appear on the drop down, I can hit build, I can open them up in nifskope, the mesh names appear in Outfit studio but I can't see the actual meshes in Outfit Studio to manipulate and place em.

Am I doing something wrong?

Nvm, I swapped the materials on each object and the textures and now they're visible.

Could you be so nice and tell me how I do that?

Go to the Data\Materials\lordescobar666... folder in your FO4 and open the BGSM files with Material Editor. Go to the material tab check the Diffuse, Normal, and Specular textures. If they're using invisible_d, invisible_n, or invisible_s replace them with something else. In my case I used the gold_d, gold_n, gold_s files from the Data\textures\lordescpbar666 folder. This should make the piercings visible ingame and in outfit studio.

Go to the Data\Materials\lordescobar666... folder in your FO4 and open the BGSM files with Material Editor. Go to the material tab check the Diffuse, Normal, and Specular textures. If they're using invisible_d, invisible_n, or invisible_s replace them with something else. In my case I used the gold_d, gold_n, gold_s files from the Data\textures\lordescpbar666 folder. This should make the piercings visible ingame and in outfit studio.

Hmm, I noticed a few files with invisible dds.  But not all of them are.  Yet, all of the items show up completely invisible on Bodyslide, I wonder why?  Would be nice to try this in game.

Hmm, I noticed a few files with invisible dds.  But not all of them are.  Yet, all of the items show up completely invisible on Bodyslide, I wonder why?  Would be nice to try this in game.

They intentionally are invisible in BodySlide. When you're in game and choose the style, it swaps the texture to make it visible.

They intentionally are invisible in BodySlide. When you're in game and choose the style, it swaps the texture to make it visible.

Yes, but the point is to be able to see where these items go.  Anyway, I found out there are a lot of invisible items on material.  I tried to change all invisible to gold so at least I can see something.  Also, since many of my characters use custom body mesh, so things like nipple rings are not going to fit everyone.  Hmmm, after changing material, nothing shows up in Bodyslide still.

Instead of crafting them in game, and instead of having to sacrifice an item slot for one of these tiny items, I am trying to incorporate these into the actual nude body mesh.  This this the sure fire way of ensuring proper fit, along with breast physics, and we have to choose the piercing layout within Bodyslide via zappers. 

But when I import them with Outfit Studio, they are still invisible.  I mean at least I should be able to see them on wireframe.  This proves to be trickier than anticipated.  The only time I see anything is when I opened the nif files with Nifskope. 

Yes, but the point is to be able to see where these items go.  Anyway, I found out there are a lot of invisible items on material.  I tried to change all invisible to gold so at least I can see something.  Also, since many of my characters use custom body mesh, so things like nipple rings are not going to fit everyone.  Hmmm, after changing material, nothing shows up in Bodyslide still.

Instead of crafting them in game, and instead of having to sacrifice an item slot for one of these tiny items, I am trying to incorporate these into the actual nude body mesh.  This this the sure fire way of ensuring proper fit, along with breast physics, and we have to choose the piercing layout within Bodyslide via zappers. 

But when I import them with Outfit Studio, they are still invisible.  I mean at least I should be able to see them on wireframe.  This proves to be trickier than anticipated.  The only time I see anything is when I opened the nif files with Nifskope. 

It's gonna be really tricky to do what you want. You may end up with a bunch of connect points in the output nif which will cause problems in the engine. Either they'll show fine, won't show up at all even with proper material, or it'll crash the game (it used to do that - unsure anymore). You might be best off loading your desired mesh in nifskope, deleting the bsconnect stuff, and changing the material path there. Then saving it out and loading it in OutfitStudio to fit it.

It's gonna be really tricky to do what you want. You may end up with a bunch of connect points in the output nif which will cause problems in the engine. Either they'll show fine, won't show up at all even with proper material, or it'll crash the game (it used to do that - unsure anymore). You might be best off loading your desired mesh in nifskope, deleting the bsconnect stuff, and changing the material path there. Then saving it out and loading it in OutfitStudio to fit it.

Hmm, what connect points are there? What are they intended to do?

I didn't know FO4 supports this. The way I have been seeing mesh, they are just some polygons and I link them with conforming in Bodyslide or they won't morph along with the body. So far I have had no problem connecting mesh to create a combined outfit. Or in case of Onigma's 3D pubic hair, it was popping through clothes sometimes so I had to combine them into body mesh for it to show up properly. It shows up fine, except I can't seem to change color of the hair. Would there be any connect points that end up causing trouble?

Hmm, what connect points are there? What are they intended to do?

I didn't know FO4 supports this. The way I have been seeing mesh, they are just some polygons and I link them with conforming in Bodyslide or they won't morph along with the body. So far I have had no problem connecting mesh to create a combined outfit. Or in case of Onigma's 3D pubic hair, it was popping through clothes sometimes so I had to combine them into body mesh for it to show up properly. It shows up fine, except I can't seem to change color of the hair. Would there be any connect points that end up causing trouble?

The connect points are used to align modular pieces to one another. The game uses them in lots of scenarios. Snap points for workshop building, multiple modular items on armor/weapons/robots.

Basically the way lordescobar set this up goes something like this:

Blank root file. When you decide which which left nipple piercing to use it attached an object modification to the root file and connects them on matching points. Left nipple in this case. Then when you pick a right nipple piercing it does the same for the right nipple connection point. Each type has its own model but the equipped base item stays the same. This way it only takes up 1 biped slot but can have 2 different nipples, a necklace, i think a navel piercing (maybe i'm confusing another mod now). Or any combination of them. All still only using 1 equipment slot. Otherwise you'd have to build a whole bunch of different "armor" records with every combination or use a different slot for each option. You'd quickly run out of biped slots to use.

The way you're trying to use the meshes will be fine as long as OutfitStudio doesn't output the child connection points in it. Otherwise the game won't know what to do since it won't have a parent.

Just DL'd this mod and wanted to mash it up with other armors I'm working on however I can't see the objects in Outfit Studio or Bodyslide.

They appear on the drop down, I can hit build, I can open them up in nifskope, the mesh names appear in Outfit studio but I can't see the actual meshes in Outfit Studio to manipulate and place em.

Am I doing something wrong?

Nvm, I swapped the materials on each object and the textures and now they're visible.

Could you be so nice and tell me how I do that?

Nice, thx

The connect points are used to align modular pieces to one another. The game uses them in lots of scenarios. Snap points for workshop building, multiple modular items on armor/weapons/robots.

Blank root file. When you decide which which left nipple piercing to use it attached an object modification to the root file and connects them on matching points. Left nipple in this case. Then when you pick a right nipple piercing it does the same for the right nipple connection point. Each type has its own model but the equipped base item stays the same. This way it only takes up 1 biped slot but can have 2 different nipples, a necklace, i think a navel piercing (maybe i'm confusing another mod now). Or any combination of them. All still only using 1 equipment slot. Otherwise you'd have to build a whole bunch of different "armor" records with every combination or use a different slot for each option. You'd quickly run out of biped slots to use.

The way you're trying to use the meshes will be fine as long as OutfitStudio doesn't output the child connection points in it. Otherwise the game won't know what to do since it won't have a parent.

Thanks so much. I learned something new again. You can tell that I am rather very new at 3D modeling. So ... you said Nifskope can edit these points .... can you show me which lines they are (or what to look for) so I can delete or edit them? I may have a lot of clean up to do on my old outfits.

Snap point ... does it mean they automatically snap together? Like if I create the nipples as snap points, these nipple rings (or anything I want) can snap nicely to the nipples no matter how big or how small the beasts are and no matter how crazy the Physics is? This can bring me new possibility.

Thanks so much. I learned something new again. You can tell that I am rather very new at 3D modeling. So ... you said Nifskope can edit these points .... can you show me which lines they are (or what to look for) so I can delete or edit them? I may have a lot of clean up to do on my old outfits.

Snap point ... does it mean they automatically snap together? Like if I create the nipples as snap points, these nipple rings (or anything I want) can snap nicely to the nipples no matter how big or how small the beasts are and no matter how crazy the Physics is? This can bring me new possibility.

The node you want to remove in NifSkope (if it's there) is "BSConnectPoint::Children". If they're working for you in game then I probably wouldn't mess with it. If you notice the game is crashing or they're not showing up then that's probably why.

Screenshot

post-516911-0-82303400-1495395587_thumb.png

The snap points are only used on building items when using settlement building. Like building a house, placing furniture, etc. The connection points are used in a different way there. For those they all use parents and no children.

The idea you're having about snapping armor add-ons in place with connection points isn't how it works. So let me burst your bubble now.

I'm not all that versed in use of connection points, so trying to explain in detail how to add and manipulate them isn't something I'm going to do. It took me a long time to wrap my head around what I do know and even that isn't much. I basically gave up messing with them after doing the blade and soul schoolgirl outfit and the black talon ports.

The node you want to remove in NifSkope (if it's there) is "BSConnectPoint::Children". If they're working for you in game then I probably wouldn't mess with it. If you notice the game is crashing or they're not showing up then that's probably why.

Screenshot

The snap points are only used on building items when using settlement building. Like building a house, placing furniture, etc. The connection points are used in a different way there. For those they all use parents and no children.

The idea you're having about snapping armor add-ons in place with connection points isn't how it works. So let me burst your bubble now.

I'm not all that versed in use of connection points, so trying to explain in detail how to add and manipulate them isn't something I'm going to do. It took me a long time to wrap my head around what I do know and even that isn't much. I basically gave up messing with them after doing the blade and soul schoolgirl outfit and the black talon ports.

Thanks for taking the time to response.

I am aware about the snap points with settlement items.  I just haven't got a chance to build those stuff.  Right now, just outfits (in most cases).  I have gone as far as editing texture of the wood or a boat.  Photoshop manipulation is my forte since I have been working with it for 10+ years (either at work, or on the side, and on other games too).  But 3D stuff I barely learned via game modding. 

So the big question is, what the heck is snap point doing in an outfit piece? 

My original plan for this outfit was simply to marry the rings to be part of the nude mesh as well.  So there is no chance of clipping.  No matter how I set the sliders, the nipple rings always stay where the nipples are.  And I am putting all the piercing accessories on there ... so at creation (and if I decide to release this mod) users can pick and choose what they want to have, via zap, and that is what they get in game.  And since most players aren't going to change out their nipple rings every 5 minutes, making them rebuild with Bodyslide and reload the game to see effects is reasonably acceptable method. 

There are about 20 different bodyshapes in my game right now.  Unique player, companions, custom companions, NPC, and I have a mod to give custom body for each of a faction... (not that I care if they wear any nipple inside).  If I use this mod as intended, only 1 person gets to wear piercing.  My method, anyone gets to wear piercing if I choose to.

Now, I still can't get the stupid item to show up in Outfit studio.

That's odd,  all it took for me to make them visible on Outfit Studio was to edit their BGSM files to direct to something other than invisible textures.

Was also try to add some of the piercings to an armor mashup I was working on and changing the bgsm files did the trick.

Maybe try removing the alpha properties of the nif/material, or the alpha channel from the textures? Have you tried to check if their buried inside the 3D body? iirc I had to replace mine a bit to line up properly with my modified CBBE.

That's odd, all it took for me to make them visible on Outfit Studio was to edit their BGSM files to direct to something other than invisible textures.

Was also try to add some of the piercings to an armor mashup I was working on and changing the bgsm files did the trick.

Maybe try removing the alpha properties of the nif/material, or the alpha channel from the textures? Have you tried to check if their buried inside the 3D body? iirc I had to replace mine a bit to line up properly with my modified CBBE.

That's what I have been trying to do as well, exactly like what you said, mashed up armor. In this case I just wanted to line up in a simple CBBE template.

Funny thing is, I did everything I could. I fixed up all material files to remove invisible DDS (to gold.dds). And I hunted for connection point, I tried opening the nif files as new outfit project, or adding them onto an existing outfit. It's not buried under another mesh or anything, it's just ... invisible like nothing is there. Outfit studio does not have a function to "home in" to the mesh, because i swear the mesh may have been 100 miles away from the default view or something.

If you are actively working on this, would you be so kind to send me a nif loaded with all the parts (or even just 1). Don't even bother aligning or conforming them. I just want to understand how this thing keeps on eluding me.

That's odd, all it took for me to make them visible on Outfit Studio was to edit their BGSM files to direct to something other than invisible textures.

That's what I have been trying to do as well, exactly like what you said, mashed up armor. In this case I just wanted to line up in a simple CBBE template.

Funny thing is, I did everything I could. I fixed up all material files to remove invisible DDS (to gold.dds). And I hunted for connection point, I tried opening the nif files as new outfit project, or adding them onto an existing outfit. It's not buried under another mesh or anything, it's just ... invisible like nothing is there. Outfit studio does not have a function to "home in" to the mesh, because i swear the mesh may have been 100 miles away from the default view or something.

If you are actively working on this, would you be so kind to send me a nif loaded with all the parts (or even just 1). Don't even bother aligning or conforming them. I just want to understand how this thing keeps on eluding me.

Heading out at the moment, will try and see if I can round one up when I get back.

In the meantime you could try these;

- check if your download isn't corrupt and see if you can open the nifs (try the hearts) in the latest nifskope. And yes you're zoomed out pretty far so try zooming in a bit (about 3-4 scroll ups for me).

- don't forget to batch build them first in bodyslide (I use CBBE zeroed sliders). I recall encountering mods whose meshes don't actively appear in the mesh folder until after I batch build.

- try loading them in outfit studio and clicking the pencil icon on the tool bar. This will at least tell you where the mesh is. Again you'll need to zoom in quite a bit.

- instead of changing the textures in the material files, try and change the attached material file to the nif. Double-click on the mesh name (upper right window) of Outfit Studio and change their material files to: Materials\lordescobar666\piercings\gold.bgsm

post-11866-0-61259700-1495668281_thumb.jpg

Heading out at the moment, will try and see if I can round one up when I get back.

In the meantime you could try these;

- check if your download isn't corrupt and see if you can open the nifs (try the hearts) in the latest nifskope. And yes you're zoomed out pretty far so try zooming in a bit (about 3-4 scroll ups for me).

- don't forget to batch build them first in bodyslide (I use CBBE zeroed sliders). I recall encountering mods whose meshes don't actively appear in the mesh folder until after I batch build.

- try loading them in outfit studio and clicking the pencil icon on the tool bar. This will at least tell you where the mesh is. Again you'll need to zoom in quite a bit.

- instead of changing the textures in the material files, try and change the attached material file to the nif. Double-click on the mesh name (upper right window) of Outfit Studio and change their material files to: Materials\lordescobar666\piercings\gold.bgsm

I tried literately everything.  Removed all invisible_d to gold_d, tried opening the original NIF from ShapeData, then per your suggestion, tried building with Base (but still see nothing in Preview)... and open the new NIF files.  Nifskope sees all the mesh.  But I am unable to home into any usable mesh (like you suggested with the pencil tool).  The texture name is there, but I see zero mesh :(

Well I don't expect you to import all those NIF into one big Outfit Studio for me if you don't want to.  It is a little time consuming.  I am just so at odd that it is not working for me, at all.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

HI,  For those having troubles with the Right Nipple Ring and Heart.

I had a bit of a tinker and managed to correct it.  Being that i haven't messed around with the configuration for Bodyslides before i think i did well! lol.

So i'm guessing it you use the file "LE666 Piercings.osp" to replace your current one it should fix your too.

All the slider lines for those two piercings were missing.

Oh it says i can't attach it,  not permitted! :(

So if anyone can tell me how i can get it on here,  that would be great!

Edit -  But i can post pic's?? lol

post-1819079-0-77197600-1499151999_thumb.png

post-1819079-0-43171400-1499152047_thumb.png

HI,  For those having troubles with the Right Nipple Ring and Heart.

I had a bit of a tinker and managed to correct it.  Being that i haven't messed around with the configuration for Bodyslides before i think i did well! lol.

So i'm guessing it you use the file "LE666 Piercings.osp" to replace your current one it should fix your too.

All the slider lines for those two piercings were missing.

Oh it says i can't attach it,  not permitted! :(

So if anyone can tell me how i can get it on here,  that would be great!

Edit -  But i can post pic's?? lol

Just need to up your post count before you can add attachments (somewhere between 2-6 I think).  Looking forward to trying your fix.

• 2 weeks later...

File Name: Lordescobar's Moddable Piercings (for CBBE)

File Submitter: lordescobar666

File Submitted: 03 Jan 2016

File Category: Armor & Clothing

Requires: Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)

Adds moddable piercings to Fallout 4. You can configure all piercings independent from each other. There are several piercing and material mods to choose from, in total there are over 100 possible combinations.

Update:

The newest version now solely depends on Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR). The armor slot has been changed to 58 to conform to AWKCR's slot usage recommendations. Naval and vaginal piercings have been added. The bell piercings make sounds when you run/sprint and you may also be detected more easily by enemies when you wear them.

This will probably be the final version, I have currently no plans to expand this mod.

USAGE:

The piercings base object can be crafted at AWKCR's armor crafting workbench (under Accessoirs). Then you need to configure the piercing at an armor mod workbench. Without any attached piercing and material mods, you will see nothing when you equip the piercings! Also don't forget to use BodySlide to conform the piercings to your body preset.

Content:

Piercing with mod slots:

• Left Nipple Piercing
  • Left Nipple Material
  • Left Nipple material 2
  • Right Nipple Piercing
  • Right Nipple Material
  • Right Nipple Material 2
  • Nipple Chain
  • Navel Piercing
  • Navel Material
  • Navel Material 2
  • Clit Piercing
  • Clit Material
  • Clit Material 2
  • Labia Piercing
  • Labia Material
  • Labia Material 2

Requirements:

Known issues:

• The meshes are twisted (if you look closely with NifSkope or Outfit Studio then you will notice that the spheres are not completely round). I think that this is caused by poor precision of the new half-floats. No solution yet. (Newest BodySlide versions allow to use full floats)
  • With some underarmor clothing (tested with the Raider harness & top-less re-texture) the piercings are floating in the air in front of the breasts. This is caused because some underarmor clothings scale some bones to move away armor parts from the body to make place for the clothing. Hopefully there is some flag somewhere in the still-to-decode data that turns this off for selected shapes. This may cause huge problems for a lot of outfit mods. No solutions yet. (Not anymore since v0.3)

Disclaimer:

I am a complete noob when it comes to 3D modelling. I have a programming background and know the theoretical and mathematical background of 3D modelling, but have absolutely no experience. Therefore I may produce complete bullshit, and will give absolutely no support for said bullshit.

Permissions:

Feel free to do with the meshes and textures whatever you want as long as you credit me.

download.png

Click here to download this file

i dont understand this mod because i dont know where you pacht this mod and when i use outfit group he change my body and i dont see anythings ins awkcr workbench

I tested your mod and it looks great. Only thing I would ask someone to add to this is make it work with Cherry Totallings physics. Then all the guys talking about thongs could use the Easy Girl outfits with this and it would work like a charm. For no if you equip the these they float a little above the breasts of a character that is using physics. Great work! 

If anyone can offer any help, I downloaded AWCKR and this mod and they're both on NMM. The problem is when I open bodyslide and try to build these textures with my body my bodyslide just crashes or gives some error about not responding. This problem only occurs with these textures too so if I try to build something else to my body it works just fine. I'm a noob so it could be something very obvious but any help is appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,  It finally it let me post the fix i did!   Hopefully it works for all you lot too.

Replace orignal file with this one in the directry in file.

Might be best to back up exising file first,  just incase.

Hasn't been tested with Nexus mod manager.  It might work, it might not?

Have Fun 

Invalid Archive