No face slave tats issue

First of all, make sure you have tats packs that include face tattoos. Assuming you already have those, it's probably because face overlays are disabled by default due to CTDs when decapitation kill moves occur.

Check the following file: SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini

Scroll down to [Overlays] and make sure that bEnableFaceOverlays=1 and not 0

Then scroll down to [Overlays/Face] and make sure that iNumOverlays= a number greater than 0

Using a mod that allows you to disable decapitations (such as VioLens) will let you use face overlays safely if the CTDs become a problem.

Yep that fixed the problem, thank you very much :)

First of all, make sure you have tats packs that include face tattoos. Assuming you already have those, it's probably because face overlays are disabled by default due to CTDs when decapitation kill moves occur.

Then scroll down to [Overlays/Face] and make sure that iNumOverlays= a number greater than 0

Using a mod that allows you to disable decapitations (such as VioLens) will let you use face overlays safely if the CTDs become a problem.

Yep that fixed the problem, thank you very much :)

You're welcome :)

this is an issue with the race menu 3.4.5, if you use it. roll back to the version 3.4.4 and the tattoos for the face is back.

It is not an issue, it was deliberate.

The facial tattoos were causing some ctds during decapitation kill moves, so the racemenu authors disabled them.

• 3 months later...

Thank you, I wondered why the face options in slavetats had stopped working. I don't use killmove mods and rarely see decapitations, so i'll take the risk. Also thanks as I figured out how to increase the number of body tattoos I can apply from 6 to 8 :) which makes room for some other mods to apply effects.

Thank you, I wondered why the face options in slavetats had stopped working. I don't use killmove mods and rarely see decapitations, so i'll take the risk. Also thanks as I figured out how to increase the number of body tattoos I can apply from 6 to 8 :) which makes room for some other mods to apply effects.

Open the console and "Set Decapitationchance to 0.0" (remembering off the top of my head so you may have to use help to find the exact command) so decapitations don't happen at all, then the mod will be perfectly safe with face tattoos.

Open the console and "Set Decapitationchance to 0.0" (remembering off the top of my head so you may have to use help to find the exact command) so decapitations don't happen at all, then the mod will be perfectly safe with face tattoos.

Thanks, I'll give it a try :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks.

that was doing my head in.

works now :)

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
On 1/2/2016 at 12:53 PM, Dreamweaver said:

That also helped me a lot right now, thank you very much! :classic_smile:

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2016 at 3:53 AM, Dreamweaver said:

Okay, I did all this but it still doesn't work for me.

• 5 weeks later...

On 8/29/2019 at 3:09 AM, TheQueenofTraps said:

Okay, I did all this but it still doesn't work for me.

For me it was:

On 1/2/2016 at 1:58 PM, DarkRose said:

this is an issue with the race menu 3.4.5, if you use it. roll back to the version 3.4.4 and the tattoos for the face is back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry if this is necroing but i have an interesting problem someone might be able to figure out. (came here because i had the face tat problem but seeking help besides) slavetats not showing any ink on male torsos. (the options there, it says it worked and can be seen in some armors but bare is nada)

• 5 months later...
On 1/2/2016 at 5:53 AM, Dreamweaver said:

So I did this and was successful in getting the option for face tats to appear in MCM but it caused a serious issue with certain characters eyes either shooting out rays and some characters eyes disappearing. Any clues as to what is causing that?

• 1 year later...
On 5/19/2020 at 12:47 AM, melagha87 said:

So I did this and was successful in getting the option for face tats to appear in MCM but it caused a serious issue with certain characters eyes either shooting out rays and some characters eyes disappearing. Any clues as to what is causing that?

Same here. Have anyone solved that?

36 minutes ago, Lesha_Samurai said:

Same here. Have anyone solved that?

I've got my face set to 12 on my current characters because I'm using YPS Immersive Fashion and haven't had that problem.  Is your character a Vampire or Succubus by any chance?  This thread might have some interest.  If that is not relevant, you may try pasting your load order in a spoiler tag and maybe a screen shot of the issue if possible.

4 hours ago, Marg597 said:

I've got my face set to 12 on my current characters because I'm using YPS Immersive Fashion and haven't had that problem.  Is your character a Vampire or Succubus by any chance?  This thread might have some interest.  If that is not relevant, you may try pasting your load order in a spoiler tag and maybe a screen shot of the issue if possible.

Thanks, but I found what was wrong. I was using old version of RaceMenu, which had issues with head overlays. Newer version works much better.