Grey-screen flickering

devildking

I got a weird Issue with skyrim it happened sometimes before but rarely, but now it happens constantly to the point where the games gets unplayable.

So I ask here if someone knows a fix for this before I go uninstall everything to check whats causing it.

The Problem is that sometimes seemingly randomly my screen flickers grey for a split second and the game makes a weird popping noise, then I have no audio and my FPS drops from constant 60 to 20 and below, and sometimes a part of my characters body is missing usually the butt.

On my old computer (2 years ago) I had a similar problem. Not for the grey-screen, but for the "noises and not able to play".

it was a problem on the driver for the sound chip (that was included in the mother board.)

Updating it (or better, reverting to the Windows default) was a good solution for me.

But if you have also strange problems on the screen, it may be something different.

Archived