Is it possible to load CME saves using racemenu?

Did you get the nif file? 

It's all about the nif.  The utility I linked above does require some basic understanding of how ECE and RM work. 

It's only worth the time if you want to migrate ECE characters you have invested lots of time in.  The author assumed you've worked enough with custom faces in Skyrim to be willing to go through the process.  If you just want a pretty face then take the nif from some follower mod and use RM's head import function like here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66756/? Forget ECE.

Did you get the nif file?

It's all about the nif. The utility I linked above does require some basic understanding of how ECE and RM work.

It's only worth the time if you want to migrate ECE characters you have invested lots of time in. The author assumed you've worked enough with custom faces in Skyrim to be willing to go through the process. If you just want a pretty face then take the nif from some follower mod and use RM's head import function like here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66756/? Forget ECE.

Yes you got it right, I was just trying to get a shared preset, I never used ECE. I'll try this other method and see if it works. Thanks for the help
Guest endgameaddiction

Chargen Export is redundant if you are using ECE 1.4 since that version now exports heads. You just need ECE v1.4 and RaceMenu v3+ and you can convert ECE presets to RaceMenu.

Chargen Export was only good before because ECE never had an option to export heads. But now it's possible. So if you plan to use an earlier version of v1.4, then you'll need Chargen Export.

Chargen Export is redundant if you are using ECE 1.4 since that version now exports heads. You just need ECE v1.4 and RaceMenu v3+ and you can convert ECE presets to RaceMenu.

Chargen Export was only good before because ECE never had an option to export heads. But now it's possible. So if you plan to use an earlier version of v1.4, then you'll need Chargen Export.

if the method suggested above doesn't work for some way, where should i place the preset to make it load in ECE?

Guest endgameaddiction

if the method suggested above doesn't work for some way, where should i place the preset to make it load in ECE?

CME preset saves are in (My) Documents/my games/skyrim/CME_Save for ECE.

The folder isn't created after ECE is installed. You either have to create the folder yourself so you can paste that CME save you downloaded and want to convert, or the folder is created upon creating a newly preset save with ECE in game.

CME preset saves are in (My) Documents/my games/skyrim/CME_Save for ECE.

The folder isn't created after ECE is installed. You either have to create the folder yourself so you can paste that CME save you downloaded and want to convert, or the folder is created upon creating a newly preset save with ECE in game.

Sorry again for the question but should the folder tha i must create be called "CME_Save for ECE"?  Which options should I install for  ECE? Anyways I tryed the RM method and it's decent but it's not 100% identical; the mouth is slightly different, while the eyes are completely different. DO you think I can get better results with ECE?

Anyways happy new year :)

Archived