3rd person camera shifting angles

Swim_Swam

When ever my character is moving or has her weapon out, my 3rd person camera stays up over her right shoulder (default position).  But when i put the weapon away and stand still the camera zooms in about a character length and re-centers so that my cursor is right in line with the back of my character's head. 

I haven't played around with any of the camera .ini tweaks to cause this but i have gone through a healthy google search trying to find tweaks to fix it.  none have worked so far.  Reloading the game hasn't helped either.  Its also a problem on my other characters. 

I have noticed some issues before this that i think might be connected.  when i use a work bench at my settlements with a roof above them, often times the camera doesn't reset into a proper 3rd person perspective and locks into facing one direction (in 1st person).  I didn't think much of it because a quick view change fixed it. 

Any ideas for me to try and get my over the shoulder camera back?

I attached two files to show whats happening, one's with my weapon out and another were i just put it away.  i didn't change the camera placement at all. 

post-1037034-0-82442200-1451367797_thumb.png

post-1037034-0-24290400-1451367808_thumb.png

Just wanted to add that I am experiencing this all the sudden as well, I'm not sure whats causing it but if I figure it out I will re-post my solution. I also noticed that its only 3rd person outside of power armor. 3rd person inside power armor seems to work as per usual.

Hey so i had a lucky break in the camera shift issue.  My camera still pans to the left (so that the cursor is over my character's head) but it no longer zooms in.  The only thing i changed was this mod,

Its the Idle Hands animation replacer.  i updated to 2.5 from 2.0 and the change just sort of happened.  So i deactivated the mod using NMM and the camera is back to normal.  I guess its a small price to pay for being able to target stuff properly...and seeing that sweet booty in 3rd person. hope this fix works for you too.

Hey good catch! It was definitely that mod.

I had just updated my mods and was trying to figure out which it was. I had a hunch it was that one but when I looked at the release notes it didn't mention anything like that and I didn't dig into the forum posts for that mod.

It's now listed as a bug the mod author is working on, so maybe keep an eye on it to see if it gets a fix. The author is suggesting some .ini edits for camera settings that might work for some users, I'll try it out later and post back if it fixes it.

Archived