CBBE Skyrim Texture Conversions Topic/List

Uka

Greetings everyone!

I've had several PM's with inquiries as to what textures and normal maps I have been using in my screenshots. As promised here they are! (Finally lol)

I've been working on converting some familiar/popular texture sets for CBBE over from Skyrim to Fallout 4. It's taken me a week or so just to figure out a reliable way of maintaining and converting the normal maps without losing the unique appearance due to the new style of normals for Fallout 4, luckily I have a reliable process now. I'll be posting my conversions here if that's ok? If not I apologize in advanced if this is the wrong section.

With each update to this topic/list I'll be converting not only the textures, but original normal maps as well to maintain the look of each set.

First off is the Fair Skin Complexion by HHaley.

What's included:

- Full texture set, Face, body, and hands.

- Normal maps from the original mod converted and hand blended with the CBBE normal maps for extra seam reduction.

I have sought out and obtained proper permission from the authors for release of this content. I can verify if needed.

Screenshots included to show texture & normal map details, and with or without makeup look.

post-74882-0-08273800-1451291811_thumb.jpg

post-74882-0-27469200-1451291831_thumb.jpg

post-74882-0-55905800-1451291847_thumb.jpg

post-74882-0-57013100-1451291895_thumb.jpg

post-74882-0-88932400-1451291918_thumb.jpg

I am uploading it directly to this site because I am unsure if linking to the Nexus mod page is allowed at the moment.

Fair Skin Complexion - CBBE Fallout 4.rar

Dumb question and I apologize if this has been answered before but search didn't bring up anything, but how are you guys getting the green specular maps?

by green specular maps do you mean this?

attachicon.gifWet.rar

Exactly, I remember using black and white ones I think for Oblivion and the ones for my skyrim are also black and white, but I don't know if black and white would work in this situation and I really don't want to mess anything up if I can help it.

Dumb question and I apologize if this has been answered before but search didn't bring up anything, but how are you guys getting the green specular maps?

attachicon.gifWet.rar

Exactly, I remember using black and white ones I think for Oblivion and the ones for my skyrim are also black and white, but I don't know if black and white would work in this situation and I really don't want to mess anything up if I can help it.

I think the files i used was ported out from skyrim and then it was edited on photoshop( i got it from someone in the forums)

other than that, that's all I've got. Im still new to this stuff ( loverslab, modding) so i can't really answer your question properly. Sorry.  :(

attachicon.gifWet.rar

The red channel has the metallic properties and reflections. The green channel controls specularity. The blue channel controls subsurface scattering. Most things typically don't use subsurface scattering so that's generally solid black, which gives the yellow-ish green with orange highlights appearance.

You need to use the Intel ® Texture Works Plugin. The norms and specs both use the normal map compression with that tool. They're in 3Dc format (ATI2N / BC5). The old NVIDIA tool won't load them nor save them correctly.

Tried it. wasn't disappointed. Thanks Uka  :D .

c0449e1a8ff71f2e52ac0361fd33e71f.jpg

Glad you like! I'll be updating it as time goes by with most of the options from the original mod so be sure to check back in the future.

And do post your screenshots, any issues, etc. Constructive feedback is always appreciated.

You bring over the SG sets and you will be my new golden god.

I'll be sure to look into it, although looking at the permissions for that mod it was the authors wishes that it not be ported to other games. I'll send them a PM and hope to hear back from them. It seems they left the modding community according to the mod page.

Would you mind sharing on how to convert Skyrim textures? I was experimenting with converting some Skyrim meshes and have been semi-successful, but I have no clue about textures.

The body, as long as it is CBBE, is pretty much a straight install. Hands need to be resized to a square resolution, 1024x1024 etc. The face takes way more time and needs to be grafted over the Vanilla texture layout, and aligned which can be a pain. Not only that, I'm not sure if it is my game or something but it REALLY doesn't like 4K textures for the face, it just goes dark. Don't even get me started on normal maps, they are useless from Skyrim in Fallout 4 unless you run them through a few programs and have the patience to blend all the seams by hand.

The speculars from the Fair Skin Complexion are from the current up to date CBBE Body release. I did however use them as base in a conversion for personal use of the Sporty Sexy Sweat - Wet Body mod by xs2reality for Skyrim. I was in the process of seeking permission from him to release my edits but he has already started working on a set of textures, normals, and I believe speculars as well for Fallout 4. I am in the process of helping him get the resources he needs as he doesn't have Fallout 4 yet. Be sure to keep an eye out for it's eventual release!

It's definitely a different look.  Nice work and thanks for sharing.

True, it is a rather pale complexion but it takes well to being tanned using the in game options. This is hopefully the first of several texture set options ported over from Skyrim. so more variety will be on the way. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about reviving this topic, but I'm currently working on converting a cbbe from skyrim over and am experiencing the issue with dark faces as well. Now I don't what I'm doing wrong because it also used to come and go with some of the face textures from Nexus, but with the texture I'm working on its always dark, with none of the external options available like eyebrows, makeup, etc. Am I saving in the wrong format or something? I'm using the intel plugin and tried several formats for the color dds files, but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry about reviving this topic, but I'm currently working on converting a cbbe from skyrim over and am experiencing the issue with dark faces as well. Now I don't what I'm doing wrong because it also used to come and go with some of the face textures from Nexus, but with the texture I'm working on its always dark, with none of the external options available like eyebrows, makeup, etc. Am I saving in the wrong format or something? I'm using the intel plugin and tried several formats for the color dds files, but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Face texture must be 1024px. Using Intel plugin save as texture type: Color + Alpha and use compression: BC3 8bpp Linear.

Face texture must be 1024px. Using Intel plugin save as texture type: Color + Alpha and use compression: BC3 8bpp Linear.

You sir, are my damn hero. Got my SG textures back.

Off topic a bit but has anyone looked at the Pride of Valhalla textures on Nexus? I am using the Midgard version and I think its even better than Fair Skin

I found a "Pride of Valhalla" for UNP but nothing for CBBE.

And in that lies the problem (the UV map does not line up between UNP textures and the CBBE body, yeah I should know I've only built a small thing called UUNP).

Off topic a bit but has anyone looked at the Pride of Valhalla textures on Nexus? I am using the Midgard version and I think its even better than Fair Skin

I found a "Pride of Valhalla" for UNP but nothing for CBBE.

And in that lies the problem (the UV map does not line up between UNP textures and the CBBE body, yeah I should know I've only built a small thing called UUNP).

ahh...lack of knowledge. Well anyway, you should try it in Skyrim and dam good job on the uunp, its the shit and then some...

Archived