CBBE Skyrim Texture Conversions Topic/List

Uka

• 3 months later...

How do you save the Normal Map out since its different from Fallout 4.  Like what settings do you use in photoshop or do you use photoshop at all? I've been experimenting but I can't seem to get it to save out right. 

Skyrim use a world/object normal map, fo4 use a tangent normal map, they are completed different.

You cannot convert this using photoshop, you need the mesh in the correct position (up) and them a software like xnormal to convert the map.

Sorry about reviving this topic, but I'm currently working on converting a cbbe from skyrim over and am experiencing the issue with dark faces as well. Now I don't what I'm doing wrong because it also used to come and go with some of the face textures from Nexus, but with the texture I'm working on its always dark, with none of the external options available like eyebrows, makeup, etc. Am I saving in the wrong format or something? I'm using the intel plugin and tried several formats for the color dds files, but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Face texture must be 1024px. Using Intel plugin save as texture type: Color + Alpha and use compression: BC3 8bpp Linear.

Thanks, I appreciate that a LOT. I was close to figuring it out.

Archived