HKXPack/HKXAnim - Animations in FO4

On 10/13/2018 at 7:07 PM, GoldenFrieza said:

I've just got a couple of questions pertaining to the opening post.

I've found a lot of helpful information about the animating process itself looking around on here, & I've used 3DS Max in the past so this is feeling doable. The only thing I'm not sure about is, where might I be able to find Havok Content Tools &/or Havok Animation Studio? I've got 3DS Max 2013 & I found HCT but then also found postings about the specific one I found, indicating it is actually not the right version.

Per the thread linked it says I must ask other modders in order to obtain a link for HCT. I've tried already on nexus asking some modders on there but have either gotten ignored or outright rude replies. Is there someone I could ask here, who might not mind if I ask them? I might PM some of the contributors but thought I'd try posting here first, so that I might avoid PMing people who potentially may be very annoyed by a PM out of the blue. On nexus it seems as though you're very likely to get a very negative response doing this. Hopefully I could be pointed towards someone friendly or maybe a friendly neighborhood animator could help me out.

Given that the original posting date is December 27th 2015 though this is a Stickied topic, would it be a fair question to ask if this is still the case of if people have done it yet? I didn't see any "Edited on x date" in the posts but not all forums include a message indicating when a post has most recently been edited.

I'd like to get into animating and these are included in what I'm interested in trying. I'd most like combat centric moves featuring custom animations. CQC style attacks. I imagine I can probably find other ways to hook into animations like perhaps via AAF, though the most preferred route for me would be making combat moves that can have a chance to trigger on melee attack either as a new killmove animation or otherwise as a "Super" similar to command grabs or other supers in fighting games to do a higher damage attack & maybe other effects.

I've got a possible animations pack forming in mind and can't wait to try out the tools & figure out what I can do.

Bumping this post in hopes someone will be able to link Havok Animation Studio.

I have tried to find info on how to convert skyrim hkx animation files to fallout 4. If it is possible I would like to know how or get a step by step on how to, because I am terrible when it comes to learning or using software and also there are no video tutorials on this stuff, none that I have found anyway and the tutorials that are written down are confusing to me and not really geared towards what I am wanting to do specifically. I am using a mod called (animated mannequins) in which you can swap out the hkx files for the mannequins and they will do the pose or animation that is associated with the hkx file that is being used. That is all I am trying to do; a simple (if it is simple or can be done) hkx conversion from skyrim to fallout 4. I have a lot of skyrim hkx dance animation files that I would like to use in fallout 4 with the animated mannequins mod. If it cannot be done by just using a tool to convert from skyrim to fallout 4 I am just out of luck because the software you have to use to create animations and the process of getting it to fallout 4 is complicated and confusing to me.

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2019 at 9:59 PM, malox12 said:

I have tried to find info on how to convert skyrim hkx animation files to fallout 4. If it is possible I would like to know how or get a step by step on how to, because I am terrible when it comes to learning or using software and also there are no video tutorials on this stuff, none that I have found anyway and the tutorials that are written down are confusing to me and not really geared towards what I am wanting to do specifically. I am using a mod called (animated mannequins) in which you can swap out the hkx files for the mannequins and they will do the pose or animation that is associated with the hkx file that is being used. That is all I am trying to do; a simple (if it is simple or can be done) hkx conversion from skyrim to fallout 4. I have a lot of skyrim hkx dance animation files that I would like to use in fallout 4 with the animated mannequins mod. If it cannot be done by just using a tool to convert from skyrim to fallout 4 I am just out of luck because the software you have to use to create animations and the process of getting it to fallout 4 is complicated and confusing to me.

Probably if mannequins will have the same bones as they have is skyrim animations will work the same

• 1 year later...

Did we ever get a download for GKXAnim? I was sure I'd had a play with it a while back, but given the inactivity of this thread and the lack of a download on the github page, I'm starting to wonder if I imagined it all. Disappointing if so...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...