HDT Stretching NPC then turning invisible

Gyuniku

Hey there, modding nooblet here again, and wanted to ask about this issue I found in the game. once I enter the Bee and Barb Mjoll, and Sapphire stretch out really far and fade away I can still talk to them but can't see them (They also only disappear once they enter the bee and barb). I don't know if this happens to other NPCs, but they are the first I've seen doing it. Can someone please help me fix this?

Things I have tried

-Rerun FNIS

-Reinstall HDT

-trying a new clean save

-Vilja reset spell (Crashes my skyrim)

My Load Order

0  0 Skyrim.esm
 1  1 Update.esm
 2  2 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
 3  3 Dawnguard.esm
 4  4 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
 5  5 HearthFires.esm
 6  6 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
 7  7 Dragonborn.esm
 8  8 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
 9  9 Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
10  a SexLab.esm
11  b MFVM.esm
12  c paradise_halls.esm
13  d SexLabAroused.esm
14  e ZaZAnimationPack.esm
15  f Devious Devices - Assets.esm
16 10 Devious Devices - Integration.esm
17 11 daymoyl.esm
18 12 Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
19 13 CreatureFramework.esm
20 14 ApachiiHair.esm
21 15 HepsyHair.esm
22 16 HentaiPregnancy.esm
23 17 imperialcrossbow.esp
24 18 ImperialChange.esp
25 19 custom family home.esp
26 1a blackmarsh.esp
27 1b follower xylea.esp
28 1c SkyUI.esp
29 1d Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
30 1e SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
31 1f SexLabMatchMaker.esp
32 20 RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
33 21 MarryMe.esp
34 22 MFVM_Hearthfire_Patch.esp
35 23 LetsBeFriends.esp
36 24 SexLabWorkingGirl.esp
37 25 sanguinesDebauchery.esp
38 26 orcstronghold.esp
39 27 Devious Deviants.esp
40 28 SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
41 29 SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
42 2a SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
43 2b SexLab Cumshot.esp
44 2c dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
45 2d RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp
46 2e Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
47 2f Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
48 30 Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
49 31 MoreNastyCritters.esp
50 32 zzEstrus.esp
51 33 EstrusChaurus.esp
52 34 ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
53 35 OBIS.esp
54 36 summersetisles.esp
55 37 OBISDB.esp
56 38 DeviouslyHelpless.esp
57 39 Captured Dreams.esp
58 3a HentaiCreatures.esp
59 3b immersive patrols ii.esp
      genpeople.esp
60 3c genpeopleliter.esp
61 3d SexLab_Dialogues.esp
62 3e paradise_halls_fellglow_slave_camp.esp
63 3f hg.esp
64 40 paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp
65 41 MilkModNEW.esp
66 42 MilkModNEW AB.esp
67 43 MilkModNEW HF.esp
68 44 MilkModNEW ZaZ.esp
69 45 SummonSuccubus.esp
70 46 LiFEv1.1.esp
71 47 vMYC_MeetYourCharacters.esp
72 48 RaceMenu.esp
73 49 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
74 4a SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
75 4b HPSoulGemBirth.esp
76 4c Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
77 4d ImmerSlave.esp
78 4e ImmerSlave-ParadiseHallsPatch.esp

Many thanks to anyone that helps me

Papyrus.1.log

I think this is more of a hardware problem than anything else.  Not enough ram and/or vram, slow cpu/gpu that kind of thing.

HDT didn't do this before, they stretched but came back.

If it was a ram issue, I don't think I would have been able to enter the tavern in the first place (Happened before).

but I have

-Intel® Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz 2.59 GHz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M

-8 GB Ram

-64 Bit processor

I think this is more of a hardware problem than anything else.  Not enough ram and/or vram, slow cpu/gpu that kind of thing.

HDT didn't do this before, they stretched but came back.

If it was a ram issue, I don't think I would have been able to enter the tavern in the first place (Happened before).

but I have

-Intel® Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz 2.59 GHz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M

-8 GB Ram

-64 Bit processor

Well it "could" be CPU related but...

And this sort of supports it....

First the basics.

Make sure that your using a recent

XPMSE Skeleton

Download an HDT .XML file from Lovers Lab rather than Nexus, these here on this site are more likely to have been made this year as opposed to 2012. 

Alright so with those installed it "should" be optimal.

The things that will kinda cause problems are stuff like having a whole lot of scripts running and even I cant get away from it entirely due to just wanting to run as much as I can get away with haha.

So if its really bugging you what you can do is try to remove scripted mods that you really don't need to have running.

For me that was stuff like the More Blood Mods, extra spell effects, NPC in the dark stuff, ASIS, most combat overhauls, OBIS and stuff like it,

Looking through your mods list here and the line up we have is real similar but Im not running DAYMOL or SD+ right now...I have Defeat though

I hear Vilja is script intense for a follower but I don't know I couldn't stand the way her audio was sounding like it was in a room so I never put a lot of time into the game with her mod.

Here's a thought

-RacemenuPlugginXPMSE.esp is not strictly needed

>>you could remove its "script" folder and remove its ESP....AND you still have the skeleton and it still does the real job of what you downloaded it for.

>I have no real idea how much that will help though.

Maybe remove Estus?

I done installed so much script heavy action into my game that the Followers are starting to Stretch and disappear BUT if I wait long enough they tend to come back.

If you don't have patience for that

1) Disable/Enable in console corrects this

2) having less females using HDT massively improves this

3) could just use less followers

4) use less female NPC's helps

5) removing script mods helps some

6) reducing the "shadow" in graphics helps cause shadows use CPU resources...Prob help a lot actually

6a) you could use ENB to hand over "shadows" to the graphics card and RAM...that'd take the stress off the CPU

Check this thread.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/34345-breasts-stretch-really-far-then-said-npc-sometimes-goes-invisible/

The female NPC's in my game didn't present this phenomena until I added the HDT ability for the hands to move the breast around. Anywho, I can always fix this on my followers by going to an interior cell and cast the "reset vilja" spell from the "Vilja in Skyrim mod" and the NPC always come back. Sometime I need to use the Aura Whisper shout to find them, though ;)

Check this thread.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/34345-breasts-stretch-really-far-then-said-npc-sometimes-goes-invisible/

The female NPC's in my game didn't present this phenomena until I added the HDT ability for the hands to move the breast around. Anywho, I can always fix this on my followers by going to an interior cell and cast the "reset vilja" spell from the "Vilja in Skyrim mod" and the NPC always come back. Sometime I need to use the Aura Whisper shout to find them, though ;)

Tried it again, I'm such an idiot. But confirmed Vilja reset spell helped the NPC's THANKS! Vilja replaced an Fnis file though, should I be worried>

Its CPU related.

Havok is run off CPU,

Shadows are run off the CPU

A lot of Processes are run off the CPU

Skeleton and XML choice only go so far, its true that some are better than others.

Only reason why Vilja spell is nice is because it does the job of "consol command disable enable for you".

Vilja herself as a mod is script heavy.

Using a Lot of scipts that are active will burden your computers allotted resources for Skyrim and therefor effects Havoc.

Papyrus can actually slow your Frame Rates to help ensure that the scripts that are supposed to go off do...Of course that doesn't mean it will of course function at all.

There is just a point where you load down your game so much that stuff stops functioning well.

Havoc is just one of those Sign Posts that says hey you done overburdened your game.

Seriously I could play for days without ever seeing the symptoms you have described by running a lighter load order.

I fixed it I guess, I just kept alt tabbing to this post then she came back.

(Oh I installed new xpmse skeletons as well, and made a new save before that, but the bug still persisted only difference is, she can appear only once I come near her.)

Thank you all!

Sorry I did not know

• 8 months later...

*blush* resurrecting this. I get this problem lots. You can go into a cell and watch an npc streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch and disappear. Sometimes they disappear before you see them, which makes them quite hard to fight. In fact you can watch yourself stretch as you enter a cell most of the time. Saving quitting and reloading helps a lot of the time but that can be so terribly slow (I end up alt tabbing to task manager, watching the skyrim disk usage, ctrl-alt-del when it drops to zero an awful lot of the time when I do that).

I find it hard to believe it's CPU that causes this because according to task manager my CPU is running at  about 20% and my gpu appears to be fairly unstressed

*blush* resurrecting this. I get this problem lots. You can go into a cell and watch an npc streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch and disappear. Sometimes they disappear before you see them, which makes them quite hard to fight. In fact you can watch yourself stretch as you enter a cell most of the time. Saving quitting and reloading helps a lot of the time but that can be so terribly slow (I end up alt tabbing to task manager, watching the skyrim disk usage, ctrl-alt-del when it drops to zero an awful lot of the time when I do that).

I find it hard to believe it's CPU that causes this because according to task manager my CPU is running at  about 20% and my gpu appears to be fairly unstressed

modern cpus have multiple cores but they keep all but one parked to conserve power, they won't unpark them until there is a sustained demand for more cycles, the actual load required before the cpu kicks up another core depends on the actual number of cores and architecture of the cpu

also intel chips with hyper-threading can have performance problems because hyper threads do not run as fast as regular threads (i'm over simplifying here) in beth games this can cause all kinds of issues and skyrim can't use more than 4 cores and havok is limited on how much of that it gets

My system never gets above 30% but i have 6 cores and my followers do sometimes vanish

Happening with me as well.  I first noticed invisible NPCs in at the Mages College in Winterhold, but the "stretch until becoming invisible" glitch seems to occur most frequently in Riften.  XP32 version 3.88, FNIS 6.3, HDT Physics 14.28.  

Hmm.  I see XPMSE is now 3.90.  I'll try updating to that version, but I'm doubtful.

Edit 09/17/2016 :  Well replacing 3.88 with 3.90 may actually have worked.  Spent the last 90 minutes of real time in Riften and didn't see a single stretch or invisible npc.  They were a constant "feature" before.  Not sure though if it's the new version or just the fact that I re-installed XPMSE.

cpu have nothing to do with that

game want to put that npc somewhere, hdt want to put its tits and butt somewhere else

that's the stretching, tits go back to the body, or body go to the tits

maybe hdt is load before the npc, that still don't have any location, and when the game load the npc in cell x, hdt is load on cell y

maybe when that npc is load, hdt still think you are the cell you came from, and move its tits and butt there

maybe... something similar, some stuff have to be load before something else

That only became available recently as in like last month.

Vague description, a lack of testimonails, and well its a dll file.  So that and well I don't tend to have the issue occur with enough frequency that it bothers me.

Mind the modder who did it also did AddItemMenu & FaceToFace. Both of which are well regarded, so the dll thing shouldn't be an issue.

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting this.  I know it's not a hardware issue.  It's basically what Yatol said earlier in the thread: When the NPC appears, HDT immediately tries to sort out the placement of their butt and breast bones.  Best case scenario is you get a slight jiggle from both.  Occasionally, this attempt at equilibrium fails and you're left with bones that jiggle madly and ceaselessly.

In my game with my profile, any female NPC that spawns on the horizon has their appearance immediately given away by the fact that their body is hundreds of feet away from their breast / butt bones, resulting in a visible stretched polygon between the two locations.  Within about five seconds, HDT ultimately scoots the bones back to the NPC, taking the stretched bits with them, like some kind of Mr. Fantastic effect.  Sometimes the NPC ends up fading out during this multi-second process, and I've supposed that this is some sort of panic button built into the engine.  That's the worst case scenario.

So what seems to be going on is that spawning NPCs do a one-frame teleport the moment they appear, and HDT-enabled bones are left to try to sort out this physical impossibility.  I imagine one's XML profile affects how well this is handled, but obviously being forced to change breast physics based on something hypothetically irrelevant like that is an unacceptable compromise.

Does anyone have that beta fix that was referenced a here a few months back?  I would be able to gauge its efficacy pretty quick, simply from either the continued phenomenon of breasts stretched into poles on the horizon, or its cessation.

Resurrecting this.  I know it's not a hardware issue.  It's basically what Yatol said earlier in the thread: When the NPC appears, HDT immediately tries to sort out the placement of their butt and breast bones.  Best case scenario is you get a slight jiggle from both.  Occasionally, this attempt at equilibrium fails and you're left with bones that jiggle madly and ceaselessly.

In my game with my profile, any female NPC that spawns on the horizon has their appearance immediately given away by the fact that their body is hundreds of feet away from their breast / butt bones, resulting in a visible stretched polygon between the two locations.  Within about five seconds, HDT ultimately scoots the bones back to the NPC, taking the stretched bits with them, like some kind of Mr. Fantastic effect.  Sometimes the NPC ends up fading out during this multi-second process, and I've supposed that this is some sort of panic button built into the engine.  That's the worst case scenario.

So what seems to be going on is that spawning NPCs do a one-frame teleport the moment they appear, and HDT-enabled bones are left to try to sort out this physical impossibility.  I imagine one's XML profile affects how well this is handled, but obviously being forced to change breast physics based on something hypothetically irrelevant like that is an unacceptable compromise.

Does anyone have that beta fix that was referenced a here a few months back?  I would be able to gauge its efficacy pretty quick, simply from either the continued phenomenon of breasts stretched into poles on the horizon, or its cessation.

Although the mod is no longer on Nexus, the mod author left a download link, just highlight the link and paste it into your browser, it's a link to the mod on mediafire http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77815/?

Archived