[Request] Deer race body conversion

hurp

Hi

I'm using CBBE HDT. I'd like to use the female body from this mod but it's supposedly UNP only. This is leading to horrible hip seam ripping & misplaced nipples.

I tried using Outfit Studio to convert from UNP to CBBE but when i tried it in game all I had managed to achieve was to Rayman-ify my gal.

Why not just replace the UNP body meshes and textures with the CBBE body meshes and textures? Also if you are planning on playing the dawn guard DLC that the race isn't vampire compatible.

The DLC incompatibility doesn't bother me but i appreciate the heads-up.

I have very little knowledge of how this really works under the hood - but wouldn't that mean i lose the digitigrade legs (or does mesh /= model), as well as lose the fur for normal skin?

Meshes mean your nif files these hold your models for body armor and so forth. Skyrim usually has 2 nifs for each thing hands feet and body each set has a _0 and a _1 nif these are usually 2 different sizes in them a small size for the _0 nif and a bigger size for the _1 nif. This is for your weight slider. Make a folder and throw copies of the meshes and textures into it for the deer race just so you can change it back if something gets messed up and then all you have to do is drop the CBBE nifs for the hands feet and body into that races folder then repeat for the textures. Also make sure they skeleton for that race is compatible with your body.

Tried copying the output files (.nifs) for a HDT CBBE from Bodyslide 2 generated files into the (rather hard to follow (since it used a different folder structure)) the files for the mod.

Probably a skeleton issue as you said, since picking female deer race now CTD's my game (with papyrus logs giving nothing to go on) as soon as selecting it in race menu.

Perhaps there is a way to modify the general CBBE HDT to display the mesh/texture right?

I made a "UNP imitation" set in bodyslide and exported those meshes to my overwrite file in MO, but it didn't seem like there was any changes at all in the body (I expected the seams would close up a bit and the nipple texture would be closer to where it is on the model).

In fact it didn't even look changed at all and still had the more "CBBE"-y looking sizing more than the petite UNP look, but the overwrite should be at least going over my install of CBBE so it *should* be closer to looking right!

EDIT: Confirmed the overwrite's doing nothing: Installed wrong somehow?

I made a 'unp imitation' body with bodyslide with fat belly to test, in game the deer race didn't look any different from before (like a UNP texture stretched over CBBE model)- either exporting from bodyslide isn't working somehow(unlikely imo) or the game isn't taking the femalebody nifs to use from my overwrite  to use on the deer race(slightly more likely i guess?).

The deer race is probably using its own weird resources from its file structure rather than the cbbe bodies I'm making.

Not sure why its showing hip seam rips in the first place though if this is the behaviour it should have - my body files shouldn't be affecting it at all if it was simply using its own files, rather than it sort of "half using" it as it is (or seems to be)

Archived